This is too funny - seen myself on youtube from the 1980's! (LOL)

p381

This is too funny - seen myself on youtube with a Jheri Curl! (LOL)

Oh bwoy,...this was a shock. :grin:
I was scanning through some 80's video's on youtube and came across footage of myself on a TV show which i used to be a dancer on. (I use the word "Dancer" very loosely. :lol:)
It was sort of like a 1980's UK version of Soul Train.
About 3 secs in......i'm the girl on the left with the Jheri curl with really big shoulder pads in my jacket! My sister's the one on the right in the Black hat.
What a sight! :lol:
I know i should'a probably posted on another forum, but thought you'd appreciate seeing the "lovely" hairstyles we were sporting back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Nu6gFUyB0

Last edited:

LisaMar

I love it, I love it, I love it....I cant stop laughing, too! Girl, that song was the isssh, back then. You and your sister look really good. How did you manage to find this clip...wow, the power of the internet. This really made my day, watched it like five times. Thanks!

~~HoneyComb~~

How cool!!!

I love the song playing by Joyce Sims.

Did you just happen to see the video or did someone let you know?

ChristmasCarol

You guys look great! I looooove 80's hair - it looks better than 95% of the hairstyles I see young women with these days :)

p381

I love it, I love it, I love it....I cant stop laughing, too! Girl, that song was the isssh, back then. You and your sister look really good. How did you manage to find this clip...wow, the power of the internet. This really made my day, watched it like five times. Thanks!

How cool!!!

I love the song playing by Joyce Sims.

Did you just happen to see the video or did someone let you know?

I was literally looking at 80's Soul Video's and came across one entitled "Five Star on Solid Soul". (Five Star were a British Black Teen Group, sort of like the Jacksons but 3 Girls & 2 Boys).
Anyhoo i was like, "i used to go to that show,...... let me have a look at the clip" and it all came flooding back. :lol:
So i just put "Solid Soul" in the youtube search and lo and behold, the first video that came up - was that one with me and my sis.

Last edited:

p381

You guys look great! I looooove 80's hair - it looks better than 95% of the hairstyles I see young women with these days :)

I like your hair actually.

The whole joke is, my hair grew by about another 6 inches longer than that -then by the end of 1987 i decided to cut it all off (as the Jheri Curl was no longer in style).
I had a TWA for a while then decided to go for braids, then relaxers and my hair's never been the same since. :nono:

Duchesse

Bahahah! Ya'll were working it! Thanks for sharing...I wish I was older in the 80s, I would have been partying!

FRESHstart101

ahahah look at you ! man i wish i was around in those days. i would have FREAKED those outfits. they seems fun. unfortunately im a 90's baby, so colorful overalls/socks 7 pig-tails is all i remember

p381

So cool, I wish I could have been on a dance show, working all my 80s moves.

I remember there being some great guests on that show!
People like Run DMC, Ray Parker Jnr, Jimmy Ruffin, Ben E King........and of course not forgetting my beloved Five Star. :lol:
They were very fun times though, the 80's.

Last edited:

p381

ITA ur curl looked nice and healthy. I woulda thought it was natural..fromt his video

I know,........the "trick" was, not putting too much Jheri Curl juice in it. Some people used to put so much of that stuff in their hair,...it was dripping down their backs! Not a good look. :lachen:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
LOLOLOL!!! That was awesome. I love the 80's with the big hair and colorful fashions. Your hair looked really nice too.

sqzbly1908

Lol...u guys look like u were having a good time - you all had that "this is my jam" look on your faces....

My and my best friend used to be "boppers" and getting on non-popular dance shows back in Atlanta...I am almost scared to do a search....Lawd only knows what I will find....(smh just thinkin' about it)

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Re: This is too funny - seen myself on youtube with a Jheri Curl! (LOL)

We must be around the same age. LOL
I loved my big *** shoulder pads! I love that song too! You were jammin!

casey3035

Re: This is too funny - seen myself on youtube with a Jheri Curl! (LOL)

That was sooo funny! Takes me way back to 80's...Some of those styles were here again in the 90's. Funny hair styles keep revolving to another time and place!