To Stimulate Hair Growth Mix Olive Oil and Cayenne Pepper!

Irresistible

I'll be trying this verrry soon, as soon as I get some cayenne pepper.

I am Nigerian, and we eat Cayenne pepper in nearly all of our foods. It's funny but when my mum's Jolof Rice is really hot (seasoned with cayenne pepper) and I eat it, it makes me sweat, and my scalp gets the "tinglies" for a few seconds :yep:

I am soooo going to be using a mixture of Cayenne pepper and olive oil on my scalp every other day.

See this is why I love LHCF....Ideas upon ideas keep coming :spinning:

lol@ eating it and sweating and scalp tingles!

LongCurlyLocks

where do you guys find these old threads?

this is interesting, any updates?

This thread is what drew me to this site in the first place. I have it bookmarked!! I was searching on the net for things to help hair grow faster and this came up. No lurking for me, I joined immediately and have learned so much since this morning. I have been on mostly all day....

....you all have created a monster!!:yep:

LongCurlyLocks

I'm trying this later today as today is wash day. However, I plan to do this at least twice a week (Sunday-Wednesday). I will check in later and periodically to let ya'll know of my progress.

LongCurlyLocks

Ok, reporting back. This did NOT burn for me and I left in on over two hours. I used it as a pre-poo. It did leave my hair softer though. And I know I had enough cayenne pepper because as the oil was running down my head/back it was the color as the pepper!! I don't know what happened. Should I wet my hair first?:perplexed Somebody respond as I want to try again maybe Wednesday.

vnaps

I didnt think i'd try this but i did.
i have done a mixture of cayenne, olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil and coconut oil.
i did not measure so wouldnt be able to tell you exact measurements. i will let that sit for 14 days.

mean time i mixed bout 1/2 teaspoon cayenne and moisturizing conditioner and applied to scalp only,massgaed through, shower cap.

it started tingling/heating/burning (whatever it is) after about 5 mins.

drjo91

I tried this today, i mix 4 ounces of EVOO, 2 table spoon of cayenne pepper, 1 table spoon of coconut oil and a few drops of tea tree oil. I have this tingle sensation in my scalp but it doesn't bother me or anything.

mistee11

I add these two ingredients to my MN mixture and I think that might be what's giving me great results along with BT on alternate days. :yep:

twilight80

Is red pepper the same as Cayenne? For some reason I can not find cayenne pepper at the store.

Update: Nevermind I brought some cayenne pepper today. I'm going to try it and see what happens!

Last edited:

caramelkisses1107

Ok, reporting back. This did NOT burn for me and I left in on over two hours. I used it as a pre-poo. It did leave my hair softer though. And I know I had enough cayenne pepper because as the oil was running down my head/back it was the color as the pepper!! I don't know what happened. Should I wet my hair first?:perplexed Somebody respond as I want to try again maybe Wednesday.

When I did it I used it on dry scalp & hair wrapped it with a warm wet towel, shower cap and sat under a dryer for 20 minutes my scalp was on fire:burning: until I conditioned

crazydaze911

I have tried it topically in the past but dont remember seeing any results. Then recently, i decided to try it internally - OMG - my stomach was on fire and i had the worst heartburn. My step daughter took it and she got sick, through up and was stuck in the bathroom. It was in pill form - vitamin shoppe brand. I will never use it internally again.

I didnt read the whole thread cuz its pretty old, but those of u who have used it topically, did this give anyone headaches?

CurlyMoo

I want to do a henna treatment today, can I mix cayenne pepper with henna without it damaging my hair? I want to increase the redness and stimulate the scalp. If anyone has any links on the topic of Henna and CP please do place them.

Anna9764

I have tried it topically in the past but dont remember seeing any results. Then recently, i decided to try it internally - OMG - my stomach was on fire and i had the worst heartburn. My step daughter took it and she got sick, through up and was stuck in the bathroom. It was in pill form - vitamin shoppe brand. I will never use it internally again.

I didnt read the whole thread cuz its pretty old, but those of u who have used it topically, did this give anyone headaches?
LMAO :lachen:sorry...but I always thought it meant to oil your hair with the mixture....right :perplexed

crazydaze911

It is actually used both ways - internal and external. there is another thread around here somewhere about getting ur internal heat up, and it mentions it.....

t23luvgod

i did this sunday and my hair has been itching up a storm ever since i washed it out..
dont know if thats good or bad lol

notjanet

yes Ive done it for 2 weekends and i too am experiencing shedding lots of it, but i don't know if that a sign of hair growing, i may slow down on it for now until i figure this out

ycj1

Sorry you experienced the stomach aches and yr step daughter getting sick from it. But I started taking the cayenne capsules, and so far so good it's been a couple of hours and no ill effects. The bottle states to take 1-2 caps per day with a meal. I only took one to be on the safe side.

Will update on my progress! Thanks for posting:grin:

julzinha

I found that this mix is effective, but sometimes it's better to find a premade growth mix that already contains both of these ingredients.