Naturals, who wear you hair straight

MrsHouston

Naturals what products do you use to flatiron? What products do you use to maintain the moisture while not reverting your straight hair. Im looking for products to use for everyday moisture, that will NOT revert my hair.

TIA

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I use Chi Silk Infusion as a heat protectant. I moisturize with Neutrogena silk touch cream or Hello Hydration/aloe vera juice.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
No. It is too thick to use straight out of the bottle as a leave in so I mix avj. I put just enough to make it creamy. I rub a little in my hands and smooth it over my ends only. The avj smooths the cuticle and the HH adds softness.

Muse

I use It's a 10! products and seal it all in with Sabino Moisture Block. My hair is moisturized until the next wash (1x/wk) so I don't moisturize between washes. IMO It's a 10! are the best products to use with heat. I ALWAYS get consistently good results with that product line. I only found out about it earlier this year because another member was saying how good the leave in was. I've been using nothing but this line and SMB ever since.

PS. I don't work for either company I just love the products.:yep:

Skyfall

I oil my scalp with Glovers Medicated ointment, for my dandruff troubles and on my straightened strands I use Shea moisture raw shea butter leave in conditioner, every two days and I use their jamaican black castor oil serum every other day. I keep it straight for a month.

Lylddlebit

To straighten Crack hair cream.

To maintain one of the following:
Moroccan oil
Fibre Architecte
Essence Absolue limited edition spray

Last edited:

MrsHouston

I use It's a 10! products and seal it all in with Sabino Moisture Block. My hair is moisturized until the next wash (1x/wk) so I don't moisturize between washes. IMO It's a 10! are the best products to use with heat. I ALWAYS get consistently good results with that product line. I only found out about it earlier this year because another member was saying how good the leave in was. I've been using nothing but this line and SMB ever since. PS. I don't work for either company I just love the products.:yep:

Thanks, I will get some.

ScorpioBeauty09

If I DC really well I won't need to add anything other than a heat protectant when I flat iron. CHI Silk Infusion gets the job done. But less is more for me.:look: After it's straight I use Garnier Fructis Marvelous Oil Deep Nourish. It's light but effective.:yep:

SpiritJunkie

A good deep condition is a start. I tension blow dry with joico smoothing balm & straighten with Keratase Olio Relax when I flat iron. for both, small amount goes along way. my hair looks like it is relaxed with movement.

intellectualuva

I use It's a 10! products and seal it all in with Sabino Moisture Block. My hair is moisturized until the next wash (1x/wk) so I don't moisturize between washes. IMO It's a 10! are the best products to use with heat. I ALWAYS get consistently good results with that product line. I only found out about it earlier this year because another member was saying how good the leave in was. I've been using nothing but this line and SMB ever since.

PS. I don't work for either company I just love the products.:yep:

Cosigning It's a 10. Pure perfection.

MrsHouston

If I DC really well I won't need to add anything other than a heat protectant when I flat iron. CHI Silk Infusion gets the job done. But less is more for me.:look: After it's straight I use Garnier Fructis Marvelous Oil Deep Nourish. It's light but effective.:yep:

This is what I'm thinking too, deep condition well. Thanks

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Its a 10 was just ok for my hair. I personally like using novex blindagem as a straightening leave in. It also works to block out humidity. It works for me. I then follow it up with brazillian blowout acai dry oil.

I would like to try out the kerestase oleo relax serum as well.

serene

I find the fewer products I use the better. My current faves:

Tresseme Heat Tamer Spray
Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum(Sally's version)
Agadir Argon Oil Spray

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
Donna Bella Perla Leave-In serum... Both a heat protectant and a moisturizer when my hair is straight. I usually use it after I blow dry and before I flat iron on each section that I flat iron. Or as I'm taking down my rollers during a magnetic set. This stuff is worth the $20!

image-1137515623.jpg

image-2253385657.jpg

BillsBackerz67

Blow dried and Flat ironed my hair a few hours ago. I used tresseme heat tamer spray prior to blow drying and two drops of keracare essential oils for the hair after flat ironing.

Attachments

• image-1746604559.jpg
    image-1746604559.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 67