Beautified16

Texlaxed
I'm in.

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc

Texlaxed

2. Current Hair Length

BSL

3. Why are you joining this challenge?

My main issues are SSKs, split ends and bushy ends.

4. What have you tried to improve your ends?

Frequent trimming

5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends?

Moisturizing and sealing, steaming and keeping my ends straight.

6. Will you update us 1x a month? Retention is an ongoing thing so if you join please be committed to updating at least 1x a month.

Yes

Renewed1

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc -- Relaxed transitioning back to texlaxed.

2. Current Hair Length - chin length

3. Why are you joining this challenge---I want to grow my hair back out again; so healthy ends is key.

4. What have you tried to improve your ends? 2x a day I moisturize and seal my ends. I also concentrate my protein/DC mainly on my ends.

5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends? I'm thinking of using ayuverdic oils. Also, I'm wigging it for the winter/spring.

6. Will you update us 1x a month? yes, well as long as the thread is bumped up. I will remember to post.

PlainJane

I fell asleep last night without protecting my ends or hair with anything so the first thing I did this morning was moisturize and add shea butter to my hair and ends.

Evolving78

For the past couple of days, I have been using creme of nature Argan oil leave in spray, then sealing with grapeseed/avocado oil. My hair feels really soft! And I haven't had any short pieces break off from my ends!

faithVA

Yesterday I clipped ends in the shower while finger detangling.

I also decided to try an oil rinse, which I haven't done in a few years. After my mudwash I mixed conditioner and oil and let that sit on my hair while I showered. Then I twisted my hair with AIA curling cream and sealed with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade.

I think next wash I will oil rinse on one side and do LOCO on the other to see how they compare.

Some of this has to pay off :yep:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
For the past couple of days, I have been using creme of nature Argan oil leave in spray, then sealing with grapeseed/avocado oil. My hair feels really soft! And I haven't had any short pieces break off from my ends!

Having no short broken pieces is a major accomplishment, which of those products do you believe is responsible for that?? Inquiring minds want to know! shortdub78

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Yesterday I clipped ends in the shower while finger detangling.

I also decided to try an oil rinse, which I haven't done in a few years. After my mudwash I mixed conditioner and oil and let that sit on my hair while I showered. Then I twisted my hair with AIA curling cream and sealed with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade.

I think next wash I will oil rinse on one side and do LOCO on the other to see how they compare.

Some of this has to pay off :yep:

You listed two of my new favorite and staple brands. Oyin, AIA....and Camille Rose.

faithVA

Welcome to all of the challengers. It's nice to have so many ladies in the thread.

KiWiStyle
shortdub78
tuffCookie
Prettymetty
toaster
whosthatcurl
greenandchic
PlainJane
ZebraPrintLover
RozLewis
Pennefeather
Babygrowth
Joigirl
Beautified16
Renewed1

NappyNelle and TeeKay21, don't forget to update your profile. Looking forward to having you.

faithVA

You listed two of my new favorite and staple brands. Oyin, AIA....and Camille Rose.

I love AIA. I just bought Camille Rose this week from Curlmart. Hopefully I love it as well. I love 4Naturals but they pretty much stopped selling that :sad: Oh and I love Naturelle Grow conditioners. Guess I'm glad I finally love something :yep:

meka72

Natural

2. Current Hair Length
TWA (about 4-6 inches of hair depending on area)

As my hair has grown, my ends have become an issue. They were curling on themselves (from my wig cap) and then became dry and bushy.

My daughter clipped my ends but that only slightly helped. Keeping my hair braided under the wig cap has helped tremendously. I'm currently seeing results with s-curl applied to ends and heavy sealing with a pomade.

I'll continue to apply s-curl and pomade to my ends. I'm also going to apply extra protein conditioner to my ends since my hair seems to like a lot of protein.

6. Will you update us 1x a month? At minimum, I'll update on the 23rd of every month. Now I need to put it on my calendar.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I love AIA. I just bought Camille Rose this week from Curlmart. Hopefully I love it as well. I love 4Naturals but they pretty much stopped selling that :sad: Oh and I love Naturelle Grow conditioners. Guess I'm glad I finally love something :yep:

I gety Camille Rose from Target....I hope you love it too. The curlaide smells like cake batter, ummm! I need to read up on that 4Naturals and Naturelle Grow for future purchases...right now my hair's in a happy place.

faithVA

I gety Camille Rose from Target....I hope you love it too. The curlaide smells like cake batter, ummm! I need to read up on that 4Naturals and Naturelle Grow for future purchases...right now my hair's in a happy place.

My Target only says a few CR items but not what I was looking for. I will let you know how I like it. Maybe it will be here by next wash day.

faithVA

[USER=297946 said:
EnExitStageLeft[/USER];20812211]Trimming today! :yay:

I plan to take off at most 1/2 inch.

:yay: Welcome back to the board. I don't think you joined our challenge yet. Come on in an join us :yep:

EnExitStageLeft

I'M IN!
1. Transitioning
2. BSL'ish (To be completely honest I don't really know :look:)
3. I like healthy (pretty) ends.
4. Heavy Sealing, more protein, reparative serums & lots more
5. Maintain my low to no manipulation regi. with wigs.
6. I'm going to try to update as much as possible.

Evolving78

Having no short broken pieces is a major accomplishment, which of those products do you believe is responsible for that?? Inquiring minds want to know! shortdub78 Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
that leave-in spray and sealing with that oil combo. Avocado oil is thicker than grapeseed, but it brings a softness to the hair due to it's fat content in my opinion. I just know I can't be heavy handed or it won't matter. That leave in spray is a protein spray. The oil in it doesn't make the hair stiff like how aphogee green tea leave in spray does for me. It helped me out a lot back in 2012. I didn't use it much last year.

Evolving78

Yesterday I clipped ends in the shower while finger detangling. I also decided to try an oil rinse, which I haven't done in a few years. After my mudwash I mixed conditioner and oil and let that sit on my hair while I showered. Then I twisted my hair with AIA curling cream and sealed with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I think next wash I will oil rinse on one side and do LOCO on the other to see how they compare. Some of this has to pay off :yep:
how did your hair feel afterwards?

faithVA

how did your hair feel afterwards?

It felt nice and smooth. It also wasn't greasy which is surprising. It's day 3 or 4 which is the real test. That's when my hair starts to feel dry.

However it's 24 hours later my twist don't feel as hydrated as usual. Maybe it's the lack of a leave in. I think the side by side comparison will tell me more.

Evolving78

I'M IN! 1. Transitioning 2. BSL'ish (To be completely honest I don't really know :look:) 3. I like healthy (pretty) ends. 4. Heavy Sealing, more protein, reparative serums & lots more 5. Maintain my low to no manipulation regi. with wigs. 6. I'm going to try to update as much as possible.
what reparative serums do you use?

blackeyes31626

I am in too.

Natural

2. Current Hair Length
Mbl

I want to retain more length and prevent dry damaged skinny ends.

wearing protective styles

moisturizing more often
doing weekly or biweekly protein tmts
using leave in conditioners that contain protein
trimming ends as needed

6. Will you update us 1x a month?
Yes

faithVA

I am in too.

Natural

2. Current Hair Length
Mbl

I want to retain more length and prevent dry damaged skinny ends.

wearing protective styles

moisturizing more often
doing weekly or biweekly protein tmts
using leave in conditioners that contain protein
trimming ends as needed

Yes

Welcome to the challenge.

SimplyWhole

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc Natural

2. Current Hair Length
Tapered TWA

to promote hair growth and take care of my hair.

Nothing intentionally

MHM
Steam and heat cap
microwaving conditioners
Greenhouse when I wear hats outside

6. Will you update us 1x a month? Yes

Joigirl

I washed my hair for the first time since starting this challenge. I tried to take my time and really detangle my ends before moving up the strands. I also washed in sections which I hate with a passion. All the effort seemed to work. I had about half the shedding as normal although it took longer. Next time I will start outside the shower so that I don't waste so much water.

So far so good.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have a hair appt in the morning (wash, set, blowout) so tonight I am going to do a coconut oil prepoo. I am just about out of Keracare Humecto and they don't carry it at Sally's so I got some Silk Elements mega moisturizing treatment as a replacement. It costs less and it works just as well.

faithVA

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc Natural

2. Current Hair Length
Tapered TWA

to promote hair growth and take care of my hair.

Nothing intentionally

MHM
Steam and heat cap
microwaving conditioners
Greenhouse when I wear hats outside

6. Will you update us 1x a month? Yes

Welcome glad to have you.

faithVA

I washed my hair for the first time since starting this challenge. I tried to take my time and really detangle my ends before moving up the strands. I also washed in sections which I hate with a passion. All the effort seemed to work. I had about half the shedding as normal although it took longer. Next time I will start outside the shower so that I don't waste so much water.

So far so good.

Glad you had a good outcome. You will get faster as you do it more.

SpiritJunkie

I'm in!!! Thanks

Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc
I am 100% Natural!
2. Current Hair Length
Just a bit past shoulders
Trying to retain my length & grow so more
hiding my ends. moisturizing and baggying works for me.
I will continue weekly deep conditioning & mositurizing & sealing with castor oil
YES:yep:

toaster

I can't wait to wash my hair tomorrow. I'll make sure my ends are coated when I detangle and when I'm applying my products as I'm only going to wash once this week.

My individual strands are quite thick and heavy and I deal with shea butter nightly so as the days go by my hair gets weighed down. At this point the only thing that would give me more volume is a hair cut so... I'll continue babying my ends and hope my hair looks nice as it gets longer.

EnExitStageLeft

shortdub78

The one I used and loved was the Phyto Reparative Serum and it worked miracles. I still have some and may work it back into my regi.

I'm wigging though, so I don't really know how :look:.