MHM Hangout

msbettyboop

Day 2 and wore a wash and go for the first time in my life :). It happened by accident. I was running late for a meeting and just washed out the clay in the morning so there was nothing to do except wear my hair out. I applied leave in, gel and almond oil and used diffuser on the ends so it would stop dripping then went on my way. Kept giving myself looks in every window :p.

Wet it was below shoulder. By the time it was dry, it had shrunk to ear length but I didn't mind at all. It dried hard in some places though which makes me think I might have used too much flaxseed gel. I need to find the right balance so my hair dries soft for day 3 which wil be on Thursday.

I've also run out of good conditioners and leave ins and all the ones I have left contains no-no ingredients. Went to two supermarkets today and couldn't find a good conditioner. Dammit!

msbettyboop

@msbettyboop, I do both wng's and twistouts. My reggie is this: From Sun-Wed I wear a wng. From Thur-sat I wear a twistout. Regarding my Wng; I use my hair dryer (not blowdryer) to dry my hair up to about 90% dry and then I let my hair air dry until it's completely dry. To refresh my curls, I wet it each morning, but I let that air dry unless it's too wet then I set under my hair dryer for about 10mins.

pelohello, how do you wear your wash and gos to bed so it doesn't mush up or lose definition. I also work out everyday. I put it up in 2 buns tonight and it seems ok so far but not sure what to do with it before going to bed.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
@pelohello, how do you wear your wash and gos to bed so it doesn't mush up or lose definition. I also work out everyday. I put it up in 2 buns tonight and it seems ok so far but not sure what to do with it before going to bed.

I'm still in a TWA, so I just put my silk bonet on and go to bed. In the morning, I wet my hair and shake. However I saw that Napural85, does the pigtails too. My hair mushes no matter what but it doesnt lose it's definition.

Last edited:

faithVA

I have actually never tried the clay for step 1, I've always used the baking soda. I use Mud Puddle for step 3.

It definitely won't be enough for my step 3 to help with my definition. But it may help remove the conditioner residue before I apply my leave-in. I will use it on Thursday and report back.

GGsKin

Completed my 15th cycle last night. I wore my hair out today- I save this for the odd day off. After applying the gel, I loosely tucked and rolled four large rolls going back. I pinned the ends and slept with my bag and satin headscarf. In the morning I unrolled and shook.
Once loose, the outer perimeter dried fairly quickly:perplexed around 2hrs. The middle is still taking it's sweet time:spinning:. I wore my hair in a puff today so it's still wet. Sidenote: how do you ladies manage to secure a puff without the band/tights or whatever else you use, slowly sliding up your head throughout the day. Maybe I'm being picky but I had to re-tie that thing like 3 times today lol.

Attachments

• InstaSize_2014_11 _ 102543.jpg
    InstaSize_2014_11 _ 102543.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

faithVA

Completed h cycle last night. I wore my hair out today- I save this for the odd day off. After applying the gel, I loosely tucked and rolled four large rolls going back. I pinned the ends and slept with my bag and satin headscarf. In the morning I unrolled and shook.
Once loose, the outer perimeter dried fairly quicklymy 15th cycle last night. I wore my hair out today- I save this for the odd day off. After applying the gel, I loosely tucked and rolled four large rolls going back. I pinned the ends and slept with my bag and satin headscarf. In the morning I unrolled and shook.
Once loose, the outer perimeter dried fairly quickly:perplexed around 2hrs. The middle is still taking it's sweet time:spinning:. I wore my hair in a puff today so it's still wet. Sidenote: how do you ladies manage to secure a puff without the band/tights or whatever else you use, slowly sliding up yourl head throughout the day. Maybe I'm being picky but I had to re-tie that thing like 3 times today lol.

Looks really nice.

You can use Bobby pins to hold the tie in place.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My hair has never been so soft and shiny. even when it dries, it does not dry crunchy. This is a first for me. I am going to be getting the Trader Joe Tea tea tingle to change up a notch. I am going to be trying a few products in the mean time.

msbettyboop

Hallelujah! I found a conditioner on the list - Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor!!! Cost $20 but I can live with that. I'm all set for a few more weeks.

msbettyboop

Ok, I have a serious problem. I just finished day 3 and more or less used up all the $20 Giovanni nutrafix reconstructor even though I diluted it. I can't $20 spend every week on a tube of this (6.5oz):crying3::nono:. Does Giovanni make this in huge tubs?:sad:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Ok, I have a serious problem. I just finished day 3 and more or less used up all the $20 Giovanni nutrafix reconstructor even though I diluted it. I can't $20 spend every week on a tube of this (6.5oz):crying3::nono:. Does Giovanni make this in huge tubs?:sad:

I looked on Amazon and they have 8.5oz for 7.99. They also have a pack of 3 for 18.97. See below

<LI id=result_0 class=s-result-item data-asin="B001ET78D8">

Giovanni Nutraflix Hair Reconstructor , Packaging May Vary, 6.8 Ounce tube (Pack of 3)

by Giovanni

$18.24($0.89/Fluid Ounce)Subscribe & Save
Save more with monthly Subscribe & Save deliveries.
$19.20($0.94/Fluid Ounce)$23.85
Get it by Friday, Dec 12

More Buying Choices
$13.64new(13 offers)

Guinan

Re-Branding

Also, try looking at Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx. I saw that they had Giovanni products in larger bottles. When I went to Ross they had the Giovanni in 32oz for 11.99; however it was the tea tree one. Maybe your location might have the approved giovanni conditioner.

Does anyone know why the tea tree isnt approved??

Guinan

Re-Branding
I ran out of conditioner too ladies. So I'm using up my stock until I'm able to purchase some more. I'm currently using Burt's Bees and it's horrible. I plan on getting some approved conditioner this weekend. Hopefully I can find the Tressume conditioner. If not, I'll have to get the kinky stuff. I might just go ahead and get the giovanni tea stuff and see how my hair responds.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Tresesamme naturals is cheap, has great slip and is easily available and most importantly, its APPROVED! I have two bottles, I'll never run out because its sold at every store.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Just a quick fyi. once your hair gets to where your comfortable at and actually know how to keep your hair moisturized, you can use any conditioner or styler.

Not knocking this regimen or what works for you but as your hair evolves, it gets really easy to get your moisture/protein balance in place.

As long as I clean my hair with bentonite/rhassoul on a consistent basis, any product works for me.

I used Miss Jessies to style today, the other day I used Herbal Essences to cowash, used some Xtreme Wet Line to style a few weeks ago but again, I've been consistent with my hair for a few years now.

Back to lurking.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Tresesamme naturals is cheap, has great slip and is easily available and most importantly, its APPROVED! I have two bottles, I'll never run out because its sold at every store.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Where are you getting the lemongrass on from? I'm having difficulty finding that one

I dont think the other tressume naturals conditioner is approved, but I could be wrong (I REALLY hope so). If they are approved that would be awesome. I can find the avocado one everywhere but I cant find the lemon grass one. The only place that I have found it is at Bed bath and beyond and I had to REALLY search for it.

Guinan

Re-Branding
ok so I just re-read the MHM blog and I looked at the comments section and it says that the Tressume Avocado is approved but as long as it doesnt have the drying alcohols

See Comment Below:

Nicole

October 3, 2014 at 12:02 am

Hi,
Is TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner Aloe Vera and Avocado an approved conditioner? Thanks for ALL your help!!

Like

Pinke Cube

October 4, 2014 at 9:40 pm

yes, just make sure it is the version with out the drying alchols (isopropyl, etc)

msbettyboop

I looked on Amazon and they have 8.5oz for 7.99. They also have a pack of 3 for 18.97. See below <LI id=result_0 class=s-result-item data-asin="B001ET78D8">http://www.amazon.com/Giovanni-Nutr...=8-1&keywords=Giovanni+nutrafix+reconstructor Giovanni Nutraflix Hair Reconstructor , Packaging May Vary, 6.8 Ounce tube (Pack of 3) by Giovanni $18.24($0.89/Fluid Ounce)Subscribe & Save Save more with monthly Subscribe & Save deliveries. $19.20($0.94/Fluid Ounce)$23.85 Get it by Friday, Dec 12 More Buying Choices $13.64new(13 offers)

They don't ship to where I live. That's my main problem.

msbettyboop

I ran out of conditioner too ladies. So I'm using up my stock until I'm able to purchase some more. I'm currently using Burt's Bees and it's horrible. I plan on getting some approved conditioner this weekend. Hopefully I can find the Tressume conditioner. If not, I'll have to get the kinky stuff. I might just go ahead and get the giovanni tea stuff and see how my hair responds.

I'm wondering why Giovanni tea tree isn't approved either. I have 3 bottles of that...

faithVA

[USER=168786 said:
msbettyboop[/USER];20878715]Ok, I have a serious problem. I just finished day 3 and more or less used up all the $20 Giovanni nutrafix reconstructor even though I diluted it. I can't $20 spend every week on a tube of this (6.5oz):crying3::nono:. Does Giovanni make this in huge tubs?:sad:

I didn't see any larger sizes online.

Are you trying to use 1 conditioner for all 3 steps? Can you order curls ecstasy
curls.biz

It comes in 32 oz and it can really be diluted to spread it out.

faithVA

I disliked all my burt bees products. I don't really want to use the word hate but its very close.

faithVA

Just a quick fyi. once your hair gets to where your comfortable at and actually know how to keep your hair moisturized, you can use any conditioner or styler.

Not knocking this regimen or what works for you but as your hair evolves, it gets really easy to get your moisture/protein balance in place.

As long as I clean my hair with bentonite/rhassoul on a consistent basis, any product works for me.

I used Miss Jessies to style today, the other day I used Herbal Essences to cowash, used some Xtreme Wet Line to style a few weeks ago but again, I've been consistent with my hair for a few years now.

Back to lurking.

Thanks for mentioning this. I think the recommendations are really for low porosity heads. I think we tend to forget this.

Low porosity heads will probably always have to pay attention to their conditioners. I will never be able to successfully use an Herbal Essences brand. But normal to high porosity ladies have more range in conditioners.

So for you ladies that are having a hard time finding conditioners, if you aren't low porosity then try something that is readily available. Initially just try to avoid cones, alcohols, etc.

msbettyboop

I didn't see any larger sizes online.

Are you trying to use 1 conditioner for all 3 steps? Can you order curls ecstasy
curls.biz

It comes in 32 oz and it can really be diluted to spread it out.

Yes I'm trying to use 1 conditioner for all 3 steps to keep things simpler. I will look up curls ectasy. Maybe they ship to my location:crossfingers:. Thanks.

faithVA

[USER=168786 said:
msbettyboop[/USER];20879387]Yes I'm trying to use 1 conditioner for all 3 steps to keep things simpler. I will look up curls ectasy. Maybe they ship to my location:crossfingers:. Thanks.

If you can't find anything, then just find something that is really good and go for it. No need overworking yourself. If you can't get it, you can't get it.