November 2014 Hits & Misses

veesweets

Miss: Trying be the thrifty on eBay. The listing said 100% Silk. However, this is what I received
View attachment 282877

If you can't read the tag in the photo, it says "100% Silk Feeling Polyester" :nono:

I have requested a refund. This is a misrepresentation. In addition, they didn't include one of the items I ordered. :rolleyes:

"Silk feeling polyester" :lachen: whyyyyyy
I'm so upset that they tried to bamboozle you like that! Report, report, report!

hot_pepper96

Misses:

- Browsing a vendor's website and not seeing any ingredient listings for the products advertised
- After emailing the vendor for specificity, being given ingredient lists that include the terms "special blend of organic butters" and "special essential oil blend"

WTH? Am I being punked?

I feel the same way. I have so many allergies and I need to know what's in everything that touches my skin.

SweetlyCurly

Miss: SM JBCO leave in----the smell. I mean this was moisturizing enough I guess but the smell? Ugh. I remember smelling this in the store weeks ago and didn't think it was too bad. The smell now is nauseating. It smells like some weird playdoh and it lingers. It gave me a headache yesterday and I can still smell it on my hair today. Hope it won't do the same today.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hit: APB oil infusions. Smell so good, make my hair buttery soft and shiny.

APB pomades. Great for soft, shiny hair. Seals in moisture well. Variety of infusions. Well done!

QB Burdock Root Butter Cream. Soft moisturized hair without buildup. Nice, smooth, consistency. Little scent so can use with a bunch of my nice smelling oils.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hit: Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Silkening Detangler for detangling and daily styling / combing my wigs. Provides great slip which has helped minimize some of the shedding.

Beamodel

Revisited Hit

Hairveda Alma Cream Rinse
Nothing seems to clean my hair as well as this does with out making it feel stripped or coated

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Hits: Mini-braids, Aloe Vera Juice & filtered water, Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Butter, Gorilla Snot in the Green bottle, the blue colored Blue Magic on my ends, Garnier Frutis Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk, and Smooth n Shine's Silk n' Shine foaming wrap lotion for my *cold, hell, cold* blow dry.

Misses: Hawaiian Silk 14-in-1, and Dark n Lovely's stuff for curly hair.

ronie

Revisited mega hit:
PBN murumuru moisture milk
Last winter, this was the only thing my hair responded to. I stopped using it beginning of summer just because. Now that it is cold again and the heat inside is so dry, I refused to take any chance. I put away everything and grabbed my PBN. And super soft, juicy, shiny hair was the result.
I also gotta give credit to my recent DCing session using curl Julie repair me and silk dreams Shea what mixed with RCA.
Continued, never failed, 2 years strong hits:
Silk dreams Shea what
Silk dreams RCA
Other continued (hits:
MHC buttery soy- doubles as a sealant and moisturizer. I mainly use it to seal at times I can use it alone, and my hair will still be soft and shiny.
Aphogee pro vitamin leave in- keeps my hair strong and resilient with minimal breakage.
APB ayurvedic mask- excellent as a prepoo. It strengthens and softens my hair before the shampooing and wetting process. Since using it, my shedding has dramatically decreased, and my hi po hair no longer over stretch once wet. Even the coconut oil prepoo did not perform as well.

meka72

Other continued (hits:
Aphogee pro vitamin leave in- keeps my hair strong and resilient with minimal breakage.
APB ayurvedic mask- excellent as a prepoo. It strengthens and softens my hair before the shampooing and wetting process. Since using it, my shedding has dramatically decreased, and my hi po hair no longer over stretch once wet. Even the coconut oil prepoo did not perform as well.

Thanks for posting about theSe products. Based upon a prior review of yours, I picked up the Aphogee leave in. I just started using it but I like it already.

I'm hi-po too and have the (unused) APB Ayurvedic mask. I will prepoo with it this weekend an hope that I get the same type of results.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits: not feeling the need to buy up everything. Folks put coconut oil high up in just about every line. If its not a body product Im not tempted really.

Crochet braids with marley hair. Everyone loves it. Mr Beau thought it was mine, lol.

Misses: none. Crochet Braids have me hooked.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Miss: Going back and forth with halfoff-shop on eBay.
"hi friend ;

thank you for your inquiry , This scarf is 100% silk feels like polyester. do not worry , if you not like on issue, i can refund half payment as compensation, if you agree please let me know . thanks .

best regards ."

"hi friend ;

thank you let me know , i am very sorry , i can refund your payment , when receive refund hope you can leave me good feedback , ok ?

best regards ."

I finally got my money back for the missing item and the "100% Silk Feeling Polyester" scarf.

Ladies, beware of the 100% Silk scarf listings on eBay from China :nono: This was being thrifty gone wrong on so many levels...too much time going back and forth etc. :thud:

Off to support a Sistah :yep: and get real 100% silk scarves from prettyantoinettes.com

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@MileHighDiva

I got some 'counterfeit' Sunny Isle Extra Dark JBCO off ebay too.:rolleyes:

Doesn't look or smell anything like JBCO. :ohwell:

And I know my JBCO:lol:

I tried to compare labels etc..to see if they Photoshopped Sunny Isles Label because this stuff is truly whack.:ohwell:

Too late for me to do anything about it, but next time I will only buy from places I know. Reputable dealers.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
MileHighDiva

Yeah, I just opened it last night.:blush:

It is as fake as fake can be. 100% Fake. Phony. Counterfeit. Old Cooking Oil.

That has never happened to me before.:nono:

This same situation has happened to me with buying boutique Natural Hair Care lines from BSS. I now buy directly from the manufacturers or authorized distributors.

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Accidental Hit:
Darbur Vatika Naturals Egg Protein Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
ForumRunner_20141112_224018.jpg

I meant to get the Virgin Olive Oil version (http://www.myhenna.us/dabur-vatika-naturals-virgin-olive-deep-conditioning-hair-mask/)
at the Indian grocery store.

Honey, castor oil, bone marrow, egg powder & olive oil are 6-10 in the ingredients.
It's very moisturizing, cheap ($7USD), detangling, petroleum & silicone free. I've used this after every wash for the past 6 weeks.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
You just missed the 45 day limit by a few days.

I just remembered if you paid with a credit card you can file a dispute with them if you missed ETSY's or PayPal's deadlines. Last BF I did that with a shady vendor (dreaming dragon designs) on ETSY. Got my refund immediately.