November 2014 Hits & Misses

kupenda

Soultanicals Power To the Prepoo: HIT

Still loving this oil. I oil my braids beneath my sew in with it. Smells interesting. I love it.

This most recent sew in. HIT
I am SOOOO feeling myself :)

TheNDofUO

hit:
acv for itchy scalp
hairveda green tea butter
hairveda almond glaze (although this new formula bas lost the smell
Ors anti-breakage cream
chopping of two inches worth of dead ends
Palmer's protein pack - it's was a free sample not that bad

Miss:
liquid leave ins - they always slip out of my hair. Gimme some CREAMS.
antidandruff shampoos and essential oils for itch. Pointless.
Shea Moisture raw Shea deep conditioner one of the worst deep conditioners ever
SheA moisture extra moisture detangler - terrible awful texture WAY to thick I mix it with my acv

Sholapie

Miss: OGX macadamia conditioner and OGX argan oil conditioner. I did like the macadmaia a bit more than the argan oil one because it was less thick and had more slip but they are both still misses. After using them both for a few weeks I was not satisfied with the way they made my hair feel.

Miss: CON Argan oil 7 in 1 leave in- not a good fit for my hair

Miss: CON argan oil conditioner

Hit:
ogx hydrating coconut oil spray mist- adds great shine, smells good, great for taking down twists and separating them. fine mist doesn't add too much product at once. love this stuff.

oneastrocurlie

Hit: Redken Color Magnetics Shampoo. I'm glad I tried this sample. It's sulfate free. Lathers really nice. Kinda reminds me of Elucence Moisture Benefits. Only negative... I'd never buy it full price. $18. But there was a sale and I had a coupon and Ulta points.

On the fence: Jakeala Honey mask. I've never been lightweight scared to use a product lol. It's the consistency of syrup. It's kinda sticky. After applying, by looks, you can't tell anything is in your hair like you would a creamy conditioner. BUT it rinsed just fine, no sticky residue, and no ill effects on my hair at all. I wasn't wow'ed or anything though. I'll give it a couple more uses.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
On the fence: Jakeala Honey mask. I've never been lightweight scared to use a product lol. It's the consistency of syrup. It's kinda sticky. After applying, by looks, you can't tell anything is in your hair like you would a creamy conditioner. BUT it rinsed just fine, no sticky residue, and no ill effects on my hair at all. I wasn't wow'ed or anything though. I'll give it a couple more uses.

oneastrocurlie

Interesting......:scratchch

Does it remind you of b.a.s.k. YAM?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
oneastrocurlie

b.a.s.k. YAM is super syrupy/sticky Honey-like too.

But upon emulsifying with water it turns into a creamy froth.

My Tutti Honey (Jakeala) should arrive today. If it is like b.a.s.k. YAM I will use it to mix with something.

Tutti Honey also said it could be used as a Cleansing Conditioner (which is why I actually purchased it in the first place).

So, either way....we'll see.

oneastrocurlie

oneastrocurlie

b.a.s.k. YAM is super syrupy/sticky Honey-like too.

But upon emulsifying with water it turns into a creamy froth.

My Tutti Honey (Jakeala) should arrive today. If it is like b.a.s.k. YAM I will use it to mix with something.

Tutti Honey also said it could be used as a Cleansing Conditioner (which is why I actually purchased it in the first place).

So, either way....we'll see.

Please report back when you use it. I'd be curious if it can used that way.

Smiley79

Miss: I've only used it twice already but the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque was a no go for me. I plan to give it one or two more tries just to be sure.

Smiley79

I didnt buy it but it was used on my hair at the salon:

HIT: Elucence Clarifying shampoo; Elucence Moisture Shampoo...all I can say is wow. Clean but not stripped. Great product.

PJaye

Misses:

- Browsing a vendor's website and not seeing any ingredient listings for the products advertised
- After emailing the vendor for specificity, being given ingredient lists that include the terms "special blend of organic butters" and "special essential oil blend"

WTH? Am I being punked?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
SheScentIt's Tahitian Hair Mist (for detangling)
L.A.C.E. Bramhi Ayurvedic Deep Conditioning Treatment (a new Staple)
Afroveda's Coconut Hair Milk R/O Conditioner
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor

New Re-Visited Hit:
Ol' Skool Medicated Sulfur 8. That's right, Petroleum, Mineral Oil, Pore Cloggin' Sulfur 8. :lol:

Took care of my itchies with one Swipe.:lol: Shole Did.:look:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Misses:

- Browsing a vendor's website and not seeing any ingredient listings for the products advertised
- After emailing the vendor for specificity, being given ingredient lists that include the terms "special blend of organic butters" and "special essential oil blend"

WTH? Am I being punked?

PJaye

Gurl....You know I wanna know Who??????????:huh:.....:look:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Hit: mixing my current staples together to make new product.

My favorite butter + my favorite conditioner=best heavy moisturizer ever!

Conditioner+glycerin+water= best liquid moisturizer ever!

myhairgrowstoo

New hit: Kimmaytube leave in recipe. I used macadamia and grapeseed oil instead of jojoba and castor oil. Used this to detangle a few days ago and it worked great!
Shea butter mix to seal
Continued hit: using ghe to Prepoo as a HOT mixed with coconut oil, sunflower oil, and grapeseed oil.

Last edited:

SweetlyCurly

Misses:

WTH? Am I being punked?

I hate when they are shady like that. Asides from that, it seems like her shipping takes awfully long. I'd love to find another vendor with oils and butters with the variety of scents she has

myronnie

On the Fence:
Curl Junkie Rehab:
I like how it makes my hair shiny and soft but it also makes my hair squeaky like it's cleansing! I think the yucca is contributing to that effect. I probably won't repurchase because my hair gets slightly tangled after using it.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Continued Hit: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo. Always clean, non-stripped, soft hair. :lick:

Neutral: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil masque. This was just ok. Soft hair, but it wasn't super juicy like my HGS give me. I'd get it in a pinch since it's on the ground.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Neutral: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil masque. This was just ok. Soft hair, but it wasn't super juicy like my HGS give me. I'd get it in a pinch since it's on the ground.

Froreal3

This is consistently getting 'Mixed' Reviews. (Typical for Shea Moisture):perplexed

Last edited:

overtherainbow

Hit- OGX (formerly Organix) Moroccan Argan Creme Conditioner and the Keratin Oil Conditioner.
Miss- SM Moisture Retention Shampoo. I've been using this stuff for a couple of years and they completely ruined it with this new formula. It's too mild, barely suds and feels watered down. Off to find a replacement...

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:

Joico Recovery Balm
Kanechom Ceramides
Redken Cleansing Creme
CHI Silk Infusion

Miss:
Steaming, but once DS gets better without being under me, I'll find it again.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Miss: Trying be the thrifty on eBay. The listing said 100% Silk. However, this is what I received
ForumRunner_20141109_155027.jpg

If you can't read the tag in the photo, it says "100% Silk Feeling Polyester" :nono:

I have requested a refund. This is a misrepresentation. In addition, they didn't include one of the items I ordered. :rolleyes:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Miss: Trying be the thrifty on eBay. The listing said 100% Silk. However, this is what I received If you can't read the tag in the photo, it says "100% Silk Feeling Polyester" :nono: I have requested a refund. This is a misrepresentation. In addition, they didn't include one of the items I ordered. :rolleyes:

I would find the listing and report then to ebay.

Babygrowth

Miss: Trying be the thrifty on eBay. The listing said 100% Silk. However, this is what I received

If you can't read the tag in the photo, it says "100% Silk Feeling Polyester" :nono:

I have requested a refund. This is a misrepresentation. In addition, they didn't include one of the items I ordered. :rolleyes:

What in the world???? I ain't never seen anything like that.