BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

ScorpioBeauty09

I'm in!!:grin: I'm hoping to be BSL by the end of this year but who knows if that will happen. My hair's in braids right now but my avatar was taken back in early September so that's the closest I have to a current length pic until whenever I decide to take them out and straighten it.:ohwell:

Current Length: BSB
Hair Type: 4c
Vitamins: Hairfinity
Regimen: Wash every 10 days to 2 weeks; Clarify every 4 weeks; DC every wash day

My hair grows so much faster when I leave it alone and I am studying for the CA bar so I will wear it in braids if nothing else because I don't have the time to fuss with it too much.:perplexed

Joigirl

I'm in too. I am a high density natural with medium strands. I keep my hair in WNGs most of the time. The longest layer is BSL. I am also short, so I should make my goal of waist length sometime next year if I can stave off these single strand knots.

Hair type - primarily 3c

Regimen - I follow a modified Curly Girl Method and shampoo once a month. I stick to natural products when possible. I haven't blown out or flat ironed my hair since BC'ed in May 2012. My HGs are Hello Curly Gel, Donna Marie Curl Creme and Buttercreme, Curl Junkie Repair Me and Curl Rehab, Elucence Moisture Balance Shampoo, APB Blueberry Cheesecake DC, and Darcy's Botanicals Daily Leavein.

I'll post a pic once I get a chance to stretch my hair out.

Last edited:

iLurk

I attempted a rollerset today and I'm just convinced roller setting is just isn't for me and I've watch dang near every video on youtube about how to do it. I even combined some methods and nada. But on the bright side I did find some new products that I like.

But anyway today was trim day. Don't think I took off too much but it feels a bit better at the ends. I guess this will be my starting pic because its the most recent

and a random pigtail shot. I am starting to like wearing my hair like this when its straightend even though I need to stop being lazy and part it with a comb

Last edited:

myfaithrising

I'm in although I tend to be terrible at challenges. I want to really track my progress because I think I'm finally retaining length. I'm following the MHM, and although the fall/winter months will be challenging, I'm all in!

Hair type: 4b Natural
Porosity: low

I'm about an inch from APL, I'll post pics at my next length check as soon as I find my shirt

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My flexirod curls were ok. I ended up wearing a messy bun with one of those hair scrunchies wrapped around it. I got it at cvs for under $2, because I used my beauty club extra bucks. I ♥ Cvs

Joigirl

Pic of my current length. Please excuse the back fat. I'm working on that too

Attachments

• image-2392523251.jpg
    image-2392523251.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 90

Leo24Rule

I want to join!

I'm currently BSL (Curly)/MBL (Straight) and my goal at the end of 2015 is to become a FULL MBL (Curly)/TBL (Straight) by experimenting with ayurvedic powders and tea rinses, trying the inversion method, doing the greenhouse effect method, eating clean, exercising 6x a week and daily scalp massages.

Current Reggie and styling choices: Wash hair, add leave-in, and deep condition 1x weekly. I use nothing but natural products. Shea Mositure Line and my own shea butter mix. Apply my leave-in, shea butter, braid up hair in several braids, when partially dry I add more of my shea butter mix to the braids and let completely dry. Usually my hair is worn in 15 braids, buns, or hair braided up under a wig/half wig. I add my shea butter mix daily and use no manipulation for the week until next hair wash.

Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 116

Benuontherise

Hey I want to join! I just combed out my dreads. I have bsl natural hair looking to grow to mbl using buns and braids. I currently shampoo 1x wk with aphogee moisturizing shampoo. Co wash 1-2x wk with soft n free milk and oats deep conditioner.

ForumRunner_20141102_214752.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im on day 10 of my blowout. I am trying to make it last a month this time. So far so good except a bit of reversion at the roots

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im going to have to dry shampoo my hair this week. I'm not sure if I can go another 3 weeks without washing my hair :(

So may hair is APL. Very close to Bsl. I'm at line 9 on my length check shirt. These photos were taken last week before I put in my newest protective style faux locs. Hoping to be MBL by the end of next year.

ForumRunner_20141104_114230.jpg

ForumRunner_20141104_114250.jpg

ForumRunner_20141104_114325.jpg
Sorry the photos are sideways

Benuontherise

Hey guys, so I got a much needed trim and cut off 2 in about since I have not trimmed since dread comb out so now im about 1 1/2 in from bsl. Will post pics once hair is pressed.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Pic of my current length. Please excuse the back fat. I'm working on that too

I am working on my backfat as well. I am drinking at least 3 bottles of water daily, I eat at least 3-4 veggies a day, I am walking with my babies in the stroller for about 30 minutes each morning and I quit drinking alcohol. I should be at my hair goal (short term is full bsl) and weight goal (130lbs) by my birthday in June.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I am working on my backfat as well. I am drinking at least 3 bottles of water daily, I eat at least 3-4 veggies a day, I am walking with my babies in the stroller for about 30 minutes each morning and I quit drinking alcohol. I should be at my hair goal (short term is full bsl) and weight goal (130lbs) by my birthday in June.

I'm working out too! We can encourage each other. My birthday is June 27th and my goal weight is also 130lbs. I drink plenty of water, takes vitamins, workout 4-5 times a week, and I cut out bread and pasta (it's painful to eat). May we reach our goals in a healthy and steady manner!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm working out too! We can encourage each other. My birthday is June 27th and my goal weight is also 130lbs. I drink plenty of water, takes vitamins, workout 4-5 times a week, and I cut out bread and pasta (it's painful to eat). May we reach our goals in a healthy and steady manner!

Yay!! Lets get fit AND grow some beautiful hair! I plan to check in at least once a week. My weigh in day will be Friday. What is your starting length and weight? I am 162 and Apl...

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I'm here. Add me please. I just made APL and ready for BSL-MBL for 2015. I'll be 100% in protective styles for 2015 - wigs, buns, crotchet braids and twists. This is easiest for me with my schedule...and super effective for my length retention.

I'll still be using my homemade sulphur oil.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Yay!! Lets get fit AND grow some beautiful hair! I plan to check in at least once a week. My weigh in day will be Friday. What is your starting length and weight? I am 162 and Apl...

I just cut 2" off last night, so I'm just grazing shoulder length. I weigh 168lbs. My goal is to make BSL by December 2015. I weigh in every Tuesday.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thanks! I get a rollerset at a Dominican place. Then my roots are blown out with a round brush. She usually uses the flatiron to bump my ends and smooth the flyaways.

ronie

Hey I want to join! I just combed out my dreads. I have bsl natural hair looking to grow to mbl using buns and braids. I currently shampoo 1x wk with aphogee moisturizing shampoo. Co wash 1-2x wk with soft n free milk and oats deep conditioner.
Benuontherise your hair is beautiful. How long did you have your dreads?

Benuontherise

ronie
Thanks, I had my locks for three years. Also I decided to texlax my hair for better manageability. Will be having it done at school since im a cosmetology student by my teacher for a demo. Im using Design essentials low lye relaxer. Will update with pics tom and,other products used. Excited and anxious about this step. Wish me luck.

Joigirl

I just cut 2" off last night, so I'm just grazing shoulder length. I weigh 168lbs. My goal is to make BSL by December 2015. I weigh in every Tuesday.

168 is a dream weight for me. I've been heavy all my life. I'd like to lose about 50 pounds. That is probably more realistic for me.

I want to reach waist length by the end of next year. My journey has been pretty easy so far, but the amount of tangles and knots are increasing so it might take longer than I hope.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Joigirl you can do it!! Let's keep each other motivated. We still have about 7 weeks in this year. We can lose at least 7lbs before New Year's and be closer to our goals :gorgeous:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I took the kids on a walk this morning and the humidity got the best of my hair. My ends are fine, but the roots (like 3-4 inches) are puffy. I might touch up my roots with a warm flat iron tomorrow. I still have 2 more weeks til I get my next blowout.