2014 Deep Condition Challenge

SunySydeofLyfe

I needed this reminder! ! I'm going to use this nu expressions 10n1 I found in my stash til its gone. Apply oil mix on Wednesday and steam for 30 minutes cowash and dc with the NE on Sunday. Shampooing every other week...maybe.

Suny

jesusislove1526

I'm in again! I cut back from almost WL to BSL after my 3rd annual flat iron. Going for full WL by the fall by DC'ing twice a month with my VO5 or White Rain or Salon Care Professional Cholesterol Cream Conditioner in combination with oil rinsing.

chickory_bee

I am in!! 2014 is the year I have devoted to self improvement, so this is right in line with that goal!

I deep condition bi-weekly with my homemade concoction (Avocado, Banana, Heavy Whipping Cream, Honey and Grapeseed Oil). I put a bag over it, and depending on the day, I may sit under a dryer for 15 mins (I do keep it in a few hours still) or just go run to get it hot and steamy.

I will update every time I see this thread bumped!

Last edited:

southerncitygirl

I went with cowashing as I will likely do the protein treatment on sunday:yep:

I just moistened my hair with water and applied Aubrey's HSR and detangled currently have a plastic bag on my head.....trying to decide btw cowashing with hydroquench systems cleansing condtioner or washing with giovanni poo, using komaza protein strengthener and conditioning with aubreys gbp. I will do so later as I will be taking care of cleaning up around the house and taking a nap,lol!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Clarified and doing protein treat w/ CJ Repair Me and CJ Intense Protein on ends (only had a sample), and AE Garlic on scalp, just using plastic cap for about 15 mins. Will DC with CJ Rehab for a couple hours while I run some errands.

ajluvshair

I am in!!!! I am a product junkie so I will be using various dc's. I will dc using my steamer, heat cap or overnight. I am currently in box braids and I dc'd today using Arbonne Pure Vibrance Hair Masque on my hair and coconut oil on my scalp under my steamer. My hair feels soft and moisturized and my scalp is no longer dry and itchy. I actually didn't wash the hair masque out because my hair soaks it up and leaves it no build up or residue.

LexiDior

Im in!!

I will DC every week (Sunday). As of right now it will be with ORS but im looking for something new as well.

Most day I will DC under a dryer unless im lazy then I will just use a cap.

PuddingPop

I'm in. I plan to dc at least once a week with whatever I have on hand. I'll start with hair mayonnaise ( forgot the brand) and see how that works for the first few weeks.

NaturallyATLPCH

Clarified with Giovanni TTTT
Protein treatment with SheScentIt Okra Hair Reconstructor
Currently following up with SheScentIt Avocado Conditioner with my Hot Head

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
@Daernyris and @ajluvshair I see you are recent members to the forum, we'd love to have you join us:yep:

We've got a great showing of challengers:yay: I think we'll help each other stick to our personal DC plans.

lovelycurls

Dc'ing without heat for 2 hrs with:
Hairveda sitrinillah conditioner
Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth conditioner
Hairveda Vatika frosting oil
Babassu oil
Haitian black castor oil
Avocado oil
Nectar agave
Peppermint, coffee, rosemary and lavender essential oils

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 using LHCF

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Dc'ing without heat for 2 hrs with:
Hairveda sitrinillah conditioner
Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth conditioner
Hairveda Vatika frosting oil
Babassu oil
Haitian black castor oil
Avocado oil
Nectar agave
Peppermint, coffee, rosemary and lavender essential oils

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 using LHCF

That mix sounds like a delightfully delicious dc:yep:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
DC'ing with shea moisture purification masque mixed with grapeseed and avocado oil.

After shampoo will DC again with macadamia oil deep repair masque.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I'm deep conditioning under a heat cap for 30 minutes with She Scent It Riche Moisture. I'm glad I did this as a heat cap DC instead of an overnight. It has a strong perfume fragrance, which is too much for me. I would not have been able to sleep

ETA: I think my heat cap is dead after almost a decade. It stopped giving of heat during my DC session. Even without heat, this conditioner had some slip when I rinsed it out and some moisture. I was able to detangle with it a little. I still wouldn't buy it again because of the fragrance, but I'll try to use up the jar.

Last edited:

toaster

DCing under the Hot Head with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask and Qhemet Moringa oil.

5 more days until I'm back with my steamer!

cutenss

I am in too. I have various DC's. I usually use my hot cap, but I may bring out the steamer again :yep:

m_wink

Nix08 I'm in! I'm Dcing right now with ORS replenishing conditioner and EVOO overnight. I know my hair is thanking me after being straight for 5 days:lick: I'm going to whole foods tomorrow to pick up oils :yep: I'll see how this makes my hair feel in the morning when I wash it out.

HanaKuroi

*raises hand* Here!

I dc'd yesterday with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab with broccoli seed oil on the ends. I left it on for a few hours.

My previous dc I took a nap while dc'ing (smooshed hair) and then rinsed my hair loose (tangled) bent over the tub (knots)! The horror! Never again. I know better.

I think I will dc at least 3 times a week. It was frigid yesterday. My hair loves dc'ing and my crazy plcp or ploclp method for the winter.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited: