Partial or Whole DOMINICAN Regimens

Partial or Whole Dominican Product Regimens?

• I use ENTIRELY Dominican Products

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • I use SOME Dominican Products

Votes: 323 62.6%
  • I use NO Dominican Products

Votes: 170 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mylene

I love dominican products or products used in dominican salons i should say because a few of them are actually European.
I use the Salerm shampoo and conditioner, the wheat germ mask and my beloved Salerm 21. I got a dominican blowout last week (am transitioning and 8 months post relaxer) and she used the Alter Ego Garlic DC on me. Loved the way my hair turned out, I have it at home and hadn't tried it yet. I cannot wait to try it straight for a couple of months.
I heard Emergencia is very good as well (and Silicon Mix is a classic).
So far I am a big fan of dominican hair products. I still use a few non dominican stuff though (serum, oils etc). I'd like to try Lacio Lacio soon as well.

taytay86

mylene said:
I love dominican products or products used in dominican salons i should say because a few of them are actually European.
I use the Salerm shampoo and conditioner, the wheat germ mask and my beloved Salerm 21. I got a dominican blowout last week (am transitioning and 8 months post relaxer) and she used the Alter Ego Garlic DC on me. Loved the way my hair turned out, I have it at home and hadn't tried it yet. I cannot wait to try it straight for a couple of months.
I heard Emergencia is very good as well (and Silicon Mix is a classic).
So far I am a big fan of dominican hair products. I still use a few non dominican stuff though (serum, oils etc). I'd like to try Lacio Lacio soon as well.

I have Salerm wheat germ for over a year and I'm too scared to use it....the smell and it looks like hot garbage. Some one pls convince me this stuff is good!

blackberry815

I used to use salerm back in the day (like early 2000's) but now I'm on a mizani kick... should I go back??? I actually use silicon mix tp deep condition after aphogee 2 step treatments..

lamaria211

i have way to many products to use only dominican stuff but i do have quite a few domincan conditioners and leave ins that i use and love

taytay86

So I tried the salerm wheat germ mask - (in damon Wayans voice)?HAAAAAAATED IT

WOMP WOMP

Wasn't that great hair was was ok, after I rinsed it out, had to detangle....DAT AIN'T HOT! (Tamar Braxton voice)

Sorry guys.

StarScream35

I'm bumping this thread because recently I have decided I really need to concentrate on saving money yet still treating my hair with the right products that actually do what they say and Dominican products do just that. I have decided that my regimen will include the entire line of

Star Lacio Lacio

and

Lady Fior Plus

So far I have been pleased!

SmilingElephant

I already bought other products....but i feel like buying a tub of Suela y Canela and a silicon mix bambu set and some other rinse conditioners .

Perhaps this year ill be on a 95% Dominican regimen. I love gel too:grin:

missliberia

Hey ladies! I've never tried Dominican products but I wanted to know if most of you are relaxed or heat styled naturals? Also, I've heard that these products have some sort of straightening chemical in them as they are for the blowouts that Dominicans are famous for. Is this true? Thanks in advance!

DominicanBrazilian82

Hey ladies! I've never tried Dominican products but I wanted to know if most of you are relaxed or heat styled naturals? Also, I've heard that these products have some sort of straightening chemical in them as they are for the blowouts that Dominicans are famous for. Is this true? Thanks in advance!

Not true. Their conditioners contain similar ingredients as non-Dominican products. There are Dominican straightening products; however, it doesn't hold true for all products. Dominican conditioners like Silicon Mix or 10-en-1 work well for my hair. Super conditioning and super creamy! Check out roundbrushhair.com. They have great products and info.

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
So I did a Dominican BSS haul this past weekend and I can't even begin to tell you ladies how amazing my hair feels after using the Salerm Wheat Germ Conditioner and the Alfa Parf Cioccolato Leave-In!!!! Couple this with a protein treatment rinse out (non-Dominican) and you've got the perfect formula for softness! My hair feels amazing! I'm currently under my dryer with my magnetic rollers. Since my hair is so soft I won't even press out my roots. I will just wrap really tight and go to bed. Good Dominican products cost a little bit, but they are all so worth the price!

image-1517248098.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I get monthly Dominican blowouts. Sometimes she rollersets it first and sometimes she just blows it dry with a paddle brush. I use Alter Ego occasionally for shedding. I also really like Crece Pelo leave in.
I used to cowash with Silicon Mix or Crece Pelo, but I don't cowash anymore. I try to manipulate my hair as little as possible. My blowouts last until I go to the salon again.