Partial or Whole DOMINICAN Regimens

Partial or Whole Dominican Product Regimens?

• I use ENTIRELY Dominican Products

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • I use SOME Dominican Products

Votes: 323 62.6%
  • I use NO Dominican Products

Votes: 170 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PuffyBrown

I have just started with dominican products. I do plan to replace most of my existing products with dominican products as I use up the things that I already have.

autumnbeauty29

I don't have any dominican products in my reggie nor have I tried a dominican salon but I definitely would like to. Where can I buy some of the products you all suggested??

dorko

autumnbeauty29 said:
I don't have any dominican products in my reggie nor have I tried a dominican salon but I definitely would like to. Where can I buy some of the products you all suggested??

same with me..
i'm thinkn of going to a dominican salon this week after reading all of these posts throughout the day :lol: ...seriously..
and another thing, them dominican salons prices be WAY cheaper than the jamaican lady's.. plus there are like 5 around me too.. i think ima go purchase some of these products too esp since i won't be getting a relaxer for a long while

thank you for the links!

xxxxcherishxxxx

I have an appointment today at a dominican salon. Haven't been to a salon in years! If I like her she will be apart of my regimen too. I have heard from this board that this particular hair stylist is wonderful and focuses on hair growth and maintenance. I also went to my favorite BSS this week and they have 2 rows of dominican/italian products!!! No more online stores for me:D

meaganita

RubyWoo

My regimen now consists of 60-70% dominican products. I use dominican products regularly for deep conditioning (Silicon Mix, Miss Keys 10 en 1 & Emergencia), leave-in conditioner(Lacio Lacio and Salerm 21) and daily moisturizing (Salerm 21 or Silicon Mix leave-in).

hottopic

Wildchild453 said:
I use Miss Key 10 en 1 as a deep conditioner. I've only recently started using it and must say its the BOMB. It left my hair so soft I couldn't believe it

I just tried this combo today and I almost cried...... My hair was soo soft.

alwayzalady22

i must admit, i'm a little bit curious about these dominican products...i'm looking for a good deep conditioner, and currently i'm torn between getting that tub of keracare humecto and trying silicon mix, 10 in 1, or another dominican deep conditioner...for ladies that have used both humecto in the tub and dominican DCs, which do you prefer? which can gave you the most slip? i'm not a mineral oil nazi, but i'd prefer to use a product that has mineral oil listed later in the ingredient list as opposed to earlier...i'm not turned off my cones either since i clarify my hair every week...

oh, and the price is coming into consideration here too...if keracare is absolutely FAB and worth the $40 odd dollars i'd have to pay for it, then i'd do it...but if i can get the same or better results from dom products for much cheaper, i'd roll with that! :lol: thanks ladies!

Empress Yahudah

alwayzalady22 said:
i must admit, i'm a little bit curious about these dominican products...i'm looking for a good deep conditioner, and currently i'm torn between getting that tub of keracare humecto and trying silicon mix, 10 in 1, or another dominican deep conditioner...for ladies that have used both humecto in the tub and dominican DCs, which do you prefer? which can gave you the most slip? i'm not a mineral oil nazi, but i'd prefer to use a product that has mineral oil listed later in the ingredient list as opposed to earlier...i'm not turned off my cones either since i clarify my hair every week...

oh, and the price is coming into consideration here too...if keracare is absolutely FAB and worth the $40 odd dollars i'd have to pay for it, then i'd do it...but if i can get the same or better results from dom products for much cheaper, i'd roll with that! :lol: thanks ladies!

I like humecto but I wanted something that cost way less and work just as good.....
I like Miss key SUPER 10 en 1 best ...and it has NO mineral oil or petroleum or lanolin...its super thick and IMO very moisturizing and has good slip.

here are the ingredients:
water, cetyl alcohol, glicerin, propylene glycol, stearyl alcohol, distearoylamidoethyl monium methosulfate, behentrimonium methosulfate, polysorbate 60, pentaerythrityl, tetraisostearate, lactamide, hydrolyzed wheat protien, dimethicone,diazolidinyl urea, fragrance, methyl propyl paraben, ceramide,fd&c yellow #5 and fd&c red #40.

Last edited:

alwayzalady22

MissMadaam said:
I like humecto but I wanted something that cost way less and work just as good.....
I like Miss key SUPER 10 en 1 best ...and it has NO mineral oil or petroleum or lanolin...its super thick and IMO very moisturizing and has good slip.

here are the ingredients:
water, cetyl alcohol, glicerin, propylene glycol, stearyl alcohol, distearoylamidoethyl monium methosulfate, behentrimonium methosulfate, polysorbate 60, pentaerythrityl, tetraisostearate, lactamide, hydrolyzed wheat protien, dimethicone,diazolidinyl urea, fragrance, methyl propyl paraben, ceramide,fd&c yellow #5 and fd&c red #40.

thanks for your response! :) i went back and forth trying to figure out what to get, then i went to target yesterday and they had one 33.8 ml bottle of humectress (not humectin) left for $24, so yall know i had to cop that :grin: i'm gonna spend a couple of months using humectress, then i guess i'll have to decide if i wanna spend the money and fool with humectin, or try the 10-en-1....keep me updated on how you all like it!

ajoyfuljoy

I looked at the ingredients for a lot of the products listed and they have cetyl alcohol in them. Is that a bad ingredient or do I have a reason to be alarmed about that?

ajoyfuljoy

just answered my own question. I did a google search and that's supposed to be a good alcohol, not to be confused with the trying alcohols. I'm excited and I really want to try these products!

Ayeshia

Ive tried the new avocado 11 en 1 products on my weave and Im impressed...so I think that my natural hair will like them even better :love: And then there is this awesome leave in called Brilliantina (sp?) and its awesome for moistuizing the exposed sections of my hair that arent sewn in the weave. Roundbrush hair offers it :yep:

kandyland

I would like to try these products. I used to see them at the BBS in New York. Now I'm in Atlanta, and I can't find these anywhere. Does anyone from Atlanta buy them locally? If so where?

nisha2004

Anyone of you guys using a dominican shampoo, if so...please post your reviews. I'm currently using silicon mix shampoo and its not amazing...wanted to see if there was something better out there. And for those that don't use domi. shampoo's do you just use an american brand, then deep condition, rinse, & leave in w/ their products. TIA

Shampoo: Silicon Mix (ok)

Deep Conditioner: La Bomba (ok)

Leave-In: Lacio Lacio (love it!)

Proudpiscean

nisha2004 said:
Anyone of you guys using a dominican shampoo, if so...please post your reviews. I'm currently using silicon mix shampoo and its not amazing...wanted to see if there was something better out there. And for those that don't use domi. shampoo's do you just use an american brand, then deep condition, rinse, & leave in w/ their products. TIA

Shampoo: Silicon Mix (ok)

Deep Conditioner: La Bomba (ok)

Leave-In: Lacio Lacio (love it!)

This is what I do. The shampoos are just average IMO. I use aveda DR and deep condition with domincan products (miss key 10 en 1, emergencia, wheat germ, cinnamon & sole rinse). I :love: lacio lacio too!

Creatividual

I can't get enough of dominican conditioners. Those are the only dominican products I use. Everything else is a mix-I use what works best for me.

curlycraze

I recently used Salerm 21 leave-in for my rollerset...loved it (will try Lacio Lacio too). I have used Silicon Mix and 10 en 1 to condition.

morehairplease

Ive tried the new avocado 11 en 1 products on my weave and Im impressed...so I think that my natural hair will like them even better :love: And then there is this awesome leave in called Brilliantina (sp?) and its awesome for moistuizing the exposed sections of my hair that arent sewn in the weave. Roundbrush hair offers it :yep:

Ayeshia sweetie do you know who makes this?

tia,
tishee