BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Yall I am going to join yall on the wig regimen for at least 3 months, but I want to reach bsl first. I wear celies under my wig (10-15) and I leave them for 2 weeks. I shampoo, dc, detangle and rebraid every 2 weeks and moisturize as needed. Come on bsl...

My plan is to hide my hair to get me from bsl to mbl. I'm still an inch or so from bsl

Leo24Rule

Yes. The blowout technique keeps my hair moisturized, stretched abd easy to manage. They dc my hair every time too. I went from nl to apl last year getting blowouts regularly. I stopped getting them so often and that caused a setback. I was wigging it and I got moisture overload :(

How are Dominican blowouts healthy with all that heat? How do you up keep your hair afterwards; like how long does it last? I live in California, I don't think there are any Dominican salons out here. I guess I'll have to do my research.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
How are Dominican blowouts healthy with all that heat? How do you up keep your hair afterwards; like how long does it last? I live in California, I don't think there are any Dominican salons out here. I guess I'll have to do my research.

It's all in the technique. The dc and rollerset makes my hair soft and 75% straight. Then once my hair is completely dry they blow my roots only to remove any kinks. The dryer is constantly moving so it doesn't stay in one spot too long. This last one has lasted a month and I am in Hotson. (Houston) :lol: It is super humid here, but my hair doesn't revert until I wash it.

Leo24Rule

It's all in the technique. The dc and rollerset makes my hair soft and 75% straight. Then once my hair is completely dry they blow my roots only to remove any kinks. The dryer is constantly moving so it doesn't stay in one spot too long. This last one has lasted a month and I am in Hotson. (Houston) :lol: It is super humid here, but my hair doesn't revert until I wash it.

So regardless of any moisture (high humidity-summer & low humidity-winter) the Dominican blowouts hold up?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So regardless of any moisture (high humidity-summer & low humidity-winter) the Dominican blowouts hold up?

Yes. It's because they get your hair smooth first with rollers. Once or twice they just did a regular blowdry and flatiron (without rolling first) and my hair only lasted a few days. I only do blowdry only when I am short on time

PlainJane

Yes. It's because they get your hair smooth first with rollers. Once or twice they just did a regular blowdry and flatiron (without rolling first) and my hair only lasted a few days. I only do blowdry only when I am short on time
What's products do they use for your rollerset and blowout?

ackee walk

getting my hair straightened this weekend! :happydance: haven't done that in almost a year. looking forward to seeing my progress, and updating this thread with a start pic :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
What's products do they use for your rollerset and blowout?

I bring my owns products. This week I brought Keracare shampoo, Nexxus Emergencee, Silk Elements moisture treatment and Chi Silk infusion

Attachments

• 20141125_194302.jpg
    20141125_194302.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 20141125_191359.jpg
    20141125_191359.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I wish flexirods weren't so dang uncomfortable to sleep in. They give me THE best curls :yep: I guess I will try my luck with pincurls tonight.

Leo24Rule

Just bought some Nettle tea from Sprouts. And now I'm off to my local Indian store for some Fenugreek (Methi), Mustard Oil, and other teas. Gotta get my hair looking the bomb.com for Thanksgiving tomorrow! Can I get an Amen??? :lol:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
What is sexy valentine challenge?

It's a body challenge in the Health and fitness section. I am still carrying around about 30lbs of baby weight :blush: I want it off before my youngest turns 2. Mini challenges keep me motivated...

I was in the Thanksgiving weight loss challenge as well. After the Vday challenge I am going to do a summer one. I'm trying to get fine girl! :lachen:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Just bought some Nettle tea from Sprouts. And now I'm off to my local Indian store for some Fenugreek (Methi), Mustard Oil, and other teas. Gotta get my hair looking the bomb.com for Thanksgiving tomorrow! Can I get an Amen??? :lol:

What do you do with the tea? Is it drinkable or a rinse?

Leo24Rule

What do you do with the tea? Is it drinkable or a rinse?

It's drinkable, but I'm gonna use it as a rinse only with my black tea. I went to the Indian store...what a bummer :perplexed I did get the mustard oil though. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

PlainJane

About 3 weeks until I'm exactly 1 year into my transition! I'm going to reward myself with a bonnet dryer and maybe a magic rake comb if all the hype is true.
I would love to celebrate with dying my hair lighter with a semipermanent but I'm scared of how it would come out. I found this blogger that uses Clairol Natural Instincts temporary color. She told someone that it's pretty permanent and makes her hair soft so I'm sold!

Attachments

• image-465697981.jpg
    image-465697981.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image-529032698.jpg
    image-529032698.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 63

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I am thinking about also joining this challenge. I have a short torso so BSL should be possible for me by end of next yr, but I dunno. Le sigh.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Used Megatek yesterday on my scalp and hair for about 5 minutes during wash day. It was warm on my scalp. Not sure what that means. Anyway, used some Soultanicals Knot Sauce. This batch had a lot more slip than the ones I received before. I have the 16 oz. It is really nice. Sealed with the Knot Butta and APB Infused oil.

I will be using NJoy sulfur oil for the next few months. I hope to grow/retain at least 3 inches this year. That will put me at scraping waist.

Leo24Rule

Rinsed out the mustard oil late Wednesday night which left my hair soft. I noticed I had less shedding and hair was manageable with less tangles. Applied a leave-in from Shea Moisture line, combed out hair with Denman brush, trimmed ends, and applied my Shea Butter mix. Hair is so soft. On my way to healthy hair overall to get closer to my hair goal hopefully...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I moisturized with my Aloe Hydration leave in (Hello Hydration, aloe juice and argan oil). Now my hair is in a ballerina bun. I really need to thicken up my edges. I think wearing wigs thinned out my edges even more :(

Leo24Rule

^^ Just out of curiosity what brand of argan oil are you using? Are you using wig caps under your wigs? Wearing your wigs all day even to sleep? I don't have an edge problem, BUT Shea Moisture JBCO has an edge control product. It has thickened my edges with daily use without me trying to. I just like how it slicks down my hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
^^ Just out of curiosity what brand of argan oil are you using? Are you using wig caps under your wigs? Wearing your wigs all day even to sleep? I don't have an edge problem, BUT Shea Moisture JBCO has an edge control product. It has thickened my edges with daily use without me trying to. I just like how it slicks down my hair.

I use the Bmb (blue moon beauty) brand. I use nylon wig caps. I only wore my wigs 3 days a week while I worked. At home i just wear my celie braids. I never ever sleep in wigs. My edges thinned from wearing braids a lot in college and recently I had 4 kids (from 08 until 13). Postpartum shedding was horrible.

I might do a thick edges challenge next year :)