• image-2852994313.jpg
    image-2852994313.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 159
  • image-1068044154.jpg
    image-1068044154.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 164

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Winter protective style. Half wig. Yay! It's finally cold enough to hide my hair.

Attachments

• image-1602009693.jpg
    image-1602009693.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 186

mz.rae

Finally found a hairstylist that can get whole head straight from root to tip! And it's nice flowy! Not sure if I am going to keep my relaxer appointment or not. Not sure how I feel about paying 60 for a press plus 17 extra if I need a trim. 60 is how much my relaxer retouches would cost, which I only got 3xs a year. Versus possibly paying 60 a month for a press, relaxing seems like the cheaper route.

ForumRunner_20141124_221900.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just did a prepoo with aloe vera juice and coconut oil. I am letting it sit overnight and I will get my blowout after work tomorrow.

mz.rae

Ok so I really want to try some of that E'tae stuff. The results I have seen look so amazing!! This may change my mind about relaxing.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
mz.rae I made the caramel treatment went I was stretching my relaxer one time. It made my hair really soft and easy to straighten, but it's kinda sticky. It's all edible stuff. I remember it had molasses, banana baby food, acv, coconut oil and a few other things.

BillsBackerz67

I only flat iron my hair to reduce the amount of ssks I get. I plan to flat iron every other month and trim every 3 to 4 months. I used tresseme heat tamer spray prior to blow drying and 2small drops of keracare oil after flat ironing.

Attachments

• image-2680594658.jpg
    image-2680594658.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 244

ronie

I only flat iron my hair to reduce the amount of ssks I get. I plan to flat iron every other month and trim every 3 to 4 months. I used tresseme heat tamer spray prior to blow drying and 2small drops of keracare oil after flat ironing.
BillsBackerz67
Your hair looks so healthy. I love the shine and thickness.
Oh and that hemline is everything. If you don't mind, please share your regimen and your flat iron routine. Thanks.

BillsBackerz67

BillsBackerz67 Your hair looks so healthy. I love the shine and thickness. Oh and that hemline is everything. If you don't mind, please share your regimen and your flat iron routine. Thanks.

ronie thank you. I pretty much do wash n goes with Wen (fig, lav, bamboo, fall Apple spice, summer honey peach, or fall ginger pumpkin), rinse and use a cheap conditioner (trader joes) and gel (ampro gel)as a leave in.

2 times a week I'll leave the wen in overnight with a plastic cap and the next day follow up with my wash n go

For flat ironing I washed and de tangled with Wen rinsed thoroughly, and did what I Mentioned with the flat iron in the previous post.

I use the babyliss pro 1 inch nano on 400. And the only product I use prior to blow drying flat ironing is the tresseme heat tamer spray on damp hair. I don't flat iron often so I'm not worried about heat damage, and using tons of product prior to flat ironing yields crunchy dull results.

My ends look good because I'm growing out an angled bob from 2 months ago and I plan to trim my hair every 3 months. So next month im getting a small .5" trim.

ronie

ronie thank you. I pretty much do wash n goes with Wen (fig, lav, bamboo, fall Apple spice, summer honey peach, or fall ginger pumpkin), rinse and use a cheap conditioner (trader joes) and gel (ampro gel)as a leave in. 2 times a week I'll leave the wen in overnight with a plastic cap and the next day follow up with my wash n go For flat ironing I washed and de tangled with Wen rinsed thoroughly, and did what I Mentioned with the flat iron in the previous post. I use the babyliss pro 1 inch nano on 400. And the only product I use prior to blow drying flat ironing is the tresseme heat tamer spray on damp hair. I don't flat iron often so I'm not worried about heat damage, and using tons of product prior to flat ironing yields crunchy dull results. My ends look good because I'm growing out an angled bob from 2 months ago and I plan to trim my hair every 3 months. So next month im getting a small .5" trim.
Thank you for the response.

mz.rae

mz.rae I made the caramel treatment went I was stretching my relaxer one time. It made my hair really soft and easy to straighten, but it's kinda sticky. It's all edible stuff. I remember it had molasses, banana baby food, acv, coconut oil and a few other things.

I really want to try it now, I'm going to have to order it after the holiday.

mz.rae

So yes I really liked the straightening services I received from this salon. But I'm kind of side eyeing the pricing. Turns out a flat iron for natural hair is $65, and since I needed a trim and didn't have the money for a trim as it is an extra $17. And the $65 doesn't even include a deep condition as that is extra as well. To me in this day and age charging extra for a deep condition is insane as so many salons are starting to include deep conditions with steam with their straightening services now. Plus I just feel that that should come with the style especially for that much. That is more that what I paid for relaxer retouches and that included a deep condition and end trimming. It's like they are nickel and diming people.

TeeSGee

Straight Natural here!
Dc'd on dry hair with heat for 15 mins. co-washed, and tension blow dry using keracare heat protectant on each section. flat iron using one pass with a baby brush and my hair was so silky and straight, my best straightened hair to date.

photo 2 (1).JPG

pic doesn't do it any justice. my hair is so shiny and fully of bounce.

AudraChanell

I put my hair in 4, taut Bantu knots before exercising and don't let them down until the next morning. Result is large waves. I mostly air dry in a ponytail and prefer my Babyliss Steamer to my flat iron because it isnt direct heat pressing my hair between two plates. I also rollerset and steam my roots straight sometimes. ZERO curl loss or damage.

Last edited:

AudraChanell

My hair the next day, after workout with 4 Bantu knots. Sometimes I do 3 for larger waves.

Attachments

• image-2808812449.jpg
    image-2808812449.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

H0tPinkButtafly

I put my hair in 4, taut Bantu knots before exercising and don't let them down until the next morning. Result is large waves. I mostly air dry in a ponytail and prefer my Babyliss Steamer to my flat iron because it isnt direct heat pressing my hair between two plates. I also rollerset and steam my roots straight sometimes. ZERO curl loss or damage.

AudraChanell do u have a steam flatiron? If so which one and where did u get it

AudraChanell

It's a Babyliss Steam Straightener and I got it from Amazon. I will be steaming again tomorrow as I do 1-2 weeks straight only steaming the initial hairstyle then protective the next week, so I get heat/steam no more than 2x a month. I use heat protectant conditioner and leave-in and my hair is SO big and curly wet lol. Zero curl loss :)

Attachments

• image-1975227254.jpg
    image-1975227254.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

mz.rae

Picture of my hair, when I got it done the week before last. She did a baby dusting on my ends, and they look fine to me. I'm not sure what an actual trim is going to look like if this is just a dusting. Do you ladies think my hair needs a trim?

ForumRunner_20141204_090438.jpg

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Which headband should I wear today? Animal print or floral?

Attachments

• 20141204_125523.jpg
    20141204_125523.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 20141204_125444.jpg
    20141204_125444.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 139

LuvlyRain3

Whats the longest any of you have been able to keep your hair straight? And how did you do it?

I want to keep my hair straight for 4 weeks at a time until March.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Whats the longest any of you have been able to keep your hair straight? And how did you do it?

I want to keep my hair straight for 4 weeks at a time until March.

2weeks but then I had to wash. It stank.

I kept oils in it and used giant rollers or curlformers to keep it stretched.