TWA Support Thread

gabulldawg

I need to remember what I did to my hair this morning because I LOVE it! My curls are defined and my hair doesn't look too dry. And this is after I dyed my hair last night. :up: I will have to take pics this afternoon.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I need to remember what I did to my hair this morning because I LOVE it! My curls are defined and my hair doesn't look too dry. And this is after I dyed my hair last night. :up: I will have to take pics this afternoon.
I want to see it. It sounds nice. I'm afraid to try color myself I have hair dresser do it. Did you have to lift your hair to get the color? I'm get mine dyed a dark brown which is close to my natural color. I want to go maybe auburn but they keep saying I would need to do a two step process and I really don't want to end up damaging my hair.

gabulldawg

I want to see it. It sounds nice. I'm afraid to try color myself I have hair dresser do it. Did you have to lift your hair to get the color? I'm get mine dyed a dark brown which is close to my natural color. I want to go maybe auburn but they keep saying I would need to do a two step process and I really don't want to end up damaging my hair.

I kept it basic this time and just used a box. Last time I colored I did the whole lifting and toner and that whole complicated process. I wanted easy this time. :lol:

KaramelKutie803

Is it safe to say I've made it pass the TWA stage or not quite yet. This is my fro at 7 months post BC

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141120_220425.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141120_220425.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 106

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I BC 8/9/14, to 3-4 inches. I've only been natural for alittle over 2mths. I measured I think 2 days ago and I am measuring in at 5.5 in the front and 6' in the back. I'm also a slow grower.

I'm lurking in here to weigh the pros and cons of BC to TWA...initially I was thinking no way after reading all the comments. But you.. You BC all that beautiful hair, I'm so proud and envious of you! You were my hair idol...congrats!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm lurking in here to weigh the pros and cons of BC to TWA...initially I was thinking no way after reading all the comments. But you.. You BC all that beautiful hair, I'm so proud and envious of you! You were my hair idol...congrats!!

awww:blush3: thanks!

When do you think you will BC? Just remember your hair will grow back.

I primarily BC cause I was looking for a change and really wanted to play around with color.

Last edited:

KaramelKutie803

Your hair looks healthy. Congrats. How long did it take you to get to this stage?

Best,
Almond Eyes

Thank you! I'd say about 5 months. Because when I BCed it was at 1yr post but I didn't have as much growth as I should have and then at 2 months post I cut a bit of my ends off due to straight pieces of relaxed hair left over but didn't cut it any since.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
awww:blush3: thanks!

When do you think you will BC? Just remember your hair will grow back.

I primarily BC cause I was looking for a change and really wanted to play around with color.

You're welcome :). I'll probably BC June-2015 on my birthday...I should be 11 months post. So you BC because you wanted something new...see I get this, its just hair!

gabulldawg

Trying to show pics of my new color. It's very subtle but to me it makes a big difference.

Attachments

• image-4046609420.jpg
    image-4046609420.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1988454703.jpg
    image-1988454703.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 83

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
So I'm coming up on two years post bald and I'm ready to do a fade again.,,,, it grows back so fast. In 2 months you have a TWA, in a year shoulder length.
The only thing stopping me is my boo. He is so against it, and idk why cause he met me with a 4 month TWA.

KaramelKutie803

Tried something new with my hair when I went out last night. Did a wash and go and pinned it up into a somewhat frohawk. My first time attempting it but I kind of liked it. Got a lot of compliments on it so I'm pleased. I did however had a hard time pinning the sides with bobby pins, they were very loose. Anybody else do frohawks and have a better way of holding up the sides or tips for using bobby pins to do it?

ckisland

Second and third day hair is possible!!!! It is possible!!

I've used this method of refreshing my hair 3 times now, and it works perfectly!!!! I'm loving my second day hair :bdance:

Sholapie

Thanks for the link! ckisland can't wait to try this. I have only tried banding which doesn't work on my wng because it just stretches it out, also I like how she emphasizes not touching your hair lol I have yet to grasp that concept :/

ckisland

Thanks for the link! ckisland can't wait to try this. I have only tried banding which doesn't work on my wng because it just stretches it out, also I like how she emphasizes not touching your hair lol I have yet to grasp that concept :/

Not touching your hair is so important.
Spray your hair until it's soaking wet
Shake
DON'T TOUCH IT
and walk out of the bathroom :lachen:

Seriously, this is what I do and I finally get second and third day :yep:. I used to try to pull and fluff my squished down fro, and it would end up a mess :nono:.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Made a discovery about my hair...I cannot do WNGs back-to-back. My TWA is too long and too fine and too coily. I'm getting 75-80% shrinkage and I have pen-spring sized coils. My shed hairs can't get loose and they get tangled with the rest. Detangling is a nightmare after a week of WNGs. The coils are tight. I've actually seen them roll across the floor. The little pile of hair makes me nervous because it's a pile of coils and I can't tell how much is breakage and how much is shed.

RockCreak

Hello Everyone!!! Back on the board with a fresh start. I probable haven't posted in about close to 3 yrs... well life.. y'all know how it is. I truly miss the support so much which is why I decided to start all over. I've had everything from relaxed to natural to locked back to natural then to relaxed and well.... heck. I just decided to cut it all off.. and now I am back.

If nothing else, I realize for me that less is more and I' cool with it. I mainly maneuver my hair when I shampoo, condition and moisturize it... I'll be posting pics soon....

Glad to be back!

nisemac

so, when i came back to the U.S. i cut off all the damage from color, and pollution and stress. i trimmed down to about 1/2 inch in May. just blew out my hair and i'm at 5 inches, maybe a little more if i were to flat ironed. once i got about 2 inches, i started shellac-ing my hair down and pinning a ponytail on it. after that, i found a half wig (Sensational 7009) that blended nicely with my hair, and that's been my go to-leave a little out in the front and cornrow the rest. i bought several: one for working out, and the others for everyday. good thing i did because they are getting hard to find. i'd like to branch out to a HH lace wig next.

for the first time since i joined this site, i think i might make it pass my awkward phase. I'm hoping to hold out untill at least May.

hair1.jpg

hair2.jpg

with the wig

new hairdo.jpg

ckisland

I rollerset my hair yesterday, and I really like it :yep:!! I never thought I would be able to use a rat-tail comb without ripping out loads of hair, but miracles do happen :lol: !!!! Now the $1 million question is will this rollerset make it through the night :lol:

20141209_134013.jpg

20141209_134257.jpg