• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

msdevo

Thanks. After reading the thread and finding out the health benefits of it, how could I pass up the chance to try it. And the extra growth... well thats a wonderful plus too.
I'm excited for you. I'm happy for all of us as I think chlorella has so much potential to help everyone be healthy, and I want us all to reap the benefits (and if we can get amazing hair growth too then why not!)

luckiestdestiny

Just went to VitaminShoppe and picked it up! I took a pill recently and I am feeling weird. I feel very warm and a little sick to my stomach. Is this normal? Maybe the detox? :perplexed

Thanks!

Sick to stomach like diarrhea may be normal. You may be very sensitive and have lots of environmental stuff. But from one pill..doubt it. Continue to monitor and see if it may be something else (like you ate something that didn't agree with you). If you took more pills, you may have to cut your dose. If you really only took one, take one tomorrow and see how it goes...if it doesn't get any better:

Otherwise you may be allergic (there's only a tiny tiny chance to that but you may be one of them) and if so you should stop taking it. Vitamin Shoppe will give you your money back if that's the case!

Duff

I took it with a meatball sub on wheat bread from Subway. It was the 1000 mg one....
if this is your 1st time taking them, it may be too much for your system. you might have to work your way up to that amount, then you will be fine.

luckiestdestiny

Just got mine in the mail today. I ordered Source Naturals (pills). Is everyone doing the powder version?

I ordered a two month supply. Can't wait to see what this does for me.

I have the tablets from source naturals. If you look on the back, you'll find it's freeze dried w/o any fillers, binders, etc so it's still in it's pure form. I can't speak for other brands, only source naturals.

I have had lots of success with it this week. My nails are stronger. My braids are looser. This stuff works for me.

luckiestdestiny

Just went to VitaminShoppe and picked it up! I took a pill recently and I am feeling weird. I feel very warm and a little sick to my stomach. Is this normal? Maybe the detox? :perplexed

Thanks!

Also although chlorella allergy is rare, there's another thing I thought of. My tablets say to take with food. Did you take it with food?

yodie

I have the tablets from source naturals. If you look on the back, you'll find it's freeze dried w/o any fillers, binders, etc so it's still in it's pure form. I can't speak for other brands, only source naturals.

I have had lots of success with it this week. My nails are stronger. My braids are looser. This stuff works for me.

Thanks. Man, I just took three of these pills. Hope this was okay. That's a total of 600 mg's.

luckiestdestiny

if this is your 1st time taking them, it may be too much for your system. you might have to work your way up to that amount, then you will be fine.

That's what I was thinking when she said 1000 mg. That's 1 g. You may have to take half a pill because your system is sensitive and needs to detox...been eating lots of fast food, or just environment smog and stuff. Like bite it, and put the other half away for later, or get one of those pill cutters.

If you still have problems you may have a rare allergy and need to stop taking it if you find that.

please keep us informed.

robot.

I'm getting ready to buy now. I think I'm going to buy a bottle of pills and the powder. I'll start off on the pills just to introduce it to my body, then slowly up the dosages. Once I've finished my bottle, I'll transition over to the powder. :yep:

netnet26

I took Chorella and It DID work!!!!!..I think I recieved the most growth in that time period...I realize it now because I no longer take it...and my growth is good but not as much....Will be starting up again...pronto!!!:yep:

http://fotki.com/denettra/

luckiestdestiny

If you don't mind me asking. Why did you stop taking it.
You know I can't answer for her, but I'm answering for us. You know on LHCF how we get excited about stuff and then forget or move on to try something new. I did this for a while, and then I realized it was ridiculous. Like for instance, I was getting lots of good growth from eating right and nettle tea (internal and external tea rinses) and once I realized, I kept doing those things instead of going back and forth. Another thing is, when you do so much, it's hard to realize what's really working, and you may cut out something not realizing that it really is helping you, in order to move on to something else.

I'm wondering if that's what happened in this case. I'm trying to stop that now. To just do what WORKS. But sometimes you have to dissect, and take away stuff and do it separately to see what really is doing the job. If she's starting up again, then she must like it.

Waiting to hear her response...

Last edited:

yodie

I just read my box and realized that one serving size (10 pills) totals 2 g. Does anyone take 10 pills? (I have the Source Naturals with the CFG).

I'm going to try and start out with 5 pills a day.

Don't want to give TMI, but I went running to the bathroom and it looked sort of different. Sorry ladies! Would I see results so soon from just three pills?

luckiestdestiny

I just read my box and realized that one serving size (10 pills) totals 2 g. Does anyone take 10 pills? (I have the Source Naturals with the CFG).

I'm going to try and start out with 5 pills a day.

Don't want to give TMI, but I went running to the bathroom and it looked sort of different. Sorry ladies! Would I see results so soon from just three pills?

I started at 2 g. It's not a biggie unless your system is sensitive. As you know, they're not the size of regular pills. Infact they call them tablets. They're so tiny, that three equals one pill anyways. If you look earlier in the thread, you'll see the amount that people are taking and suggested amounts posted in articles. BTW your poop would be green when you're taking enough. So you will see a difference (not that we want to talk about each others bathroom movements lol!)

yodie

I started at 2 g. It's not a biggie unless your system is sensitive. As you know, they're not the size of regular pills. Infact they call them tablets. They're so tiny, that three equals one pill anyways. If you look earlier in the thread, you'll see the amount that people are taking and suggested amounts posted in articles. BTW your poop would be green when you're taking enough. So you will see a difference (not that we want to talk about each others bathroom movements lol!)

I read the thread and 15 tablets would total 3 g's. Since today is day one, I'll start out with 5 tablets and increase up to 10 and then up to 15. Can't wait to see all the health benefits.

msdevo

I took my 1st teaspoon with dinner today. I hope I didnt take to much. I dont want to be running to the bathroom all night.

danigurl18

I been taking it for 3 days and I started off with 2 tablets so far.. I have already noticed a difference in my skin but I dont want to start taking too much too soon...

Fhrizzball

I just got my batch of chlorella (it's so green!) and mixed it with my OJ. Turned a really murky green color and the taste wasn't so pleasant. For those taking to powder form what do you do to tone down the taste? If you use it in any smoothies what kind of smoothies are you making?

BTW i'm starting off with 1/2 teaspoon.

luckiestdestiny

I been taking it for 3 days and I started off with 2 tablets so far.. I have already noticed a difference in my skin but I dont want to start taking too much too soon...

What are you noticing?

You should only up your dose as you feel comfortable. Good to see it's working fo you so far!

luckiestdestiny

I took my 1st teaspoon with dinner today. I hope I didnt take to much. I dont want to be running to the bathroom all night.
It shouldn't be a run to the bathroom kinda thing unless you took too much. You took a teaspoon...did it equal 3g?

Let us know how it goes.

luckiestdestiny

I just got my batch of chlorella (it's so green!) and mixed it with my OJ. Turned a really murky green color and the taste wasn't so pleasant. For those taking to powder form what do you do to tone down the taste? If you use it in any smoothies what kind of smoothies are you making?

Someone said earlier that they tried it with bannana strawberry I think and it tasted horrible, but then they tried it w/ apple and it wasn't so bad. Try apple and see what happens.

luckiestdestiny

Btw, as my mom is not a member of lhcf, and she started taking them under my encouragement on the same day as me, I wanted to report some of her results. She has reported that she has nail growth equivalent to one month. She usually keeps them cut down to a certain length and gets manicures, but they had to really file them down this week (she goes every week w/o fail. That's her one indulgence). Trust that she always gets her nails hooked up so she would notice something like that. She was saying she can only imagine how fast her hair is growing. Now she didn't take them for hair benefits, she took them for health, but it's good to know that the chlorella does speed things up. My nails are super long too, and I keep trimming them down. As I'm typing a lot (work/also I am getting my master's so lots of school work), I like to keep them down to a certain length.

That in addition to my braids being loose. Yippee!

MagnoliaBelle

Thanks for the update. I started Chlorella this week. I purchased the Sun brand. It comes in individually wrapped packs of granulated chlorella ($32 for 20 packs). Each pack has 3 grams of Chlorella. I think I will purchase a less expensive brand in tablets also so that I can get more than the 3 grams per day maintanence dosage.

luckiestdestiny

Thanks for the update. I started Chlorella this week. I purchased the Sun brand. It comes in individually wrapped packs of granulated chlorella ($32 for 20 packs). Each pack has 3 grams of Chlorella. I think I will purchase a less expensive brand in tablets also so that I can get more than the 3 grams per day maintanence dosage.
Sun chlorella is supposed to be really good. I understand about expense. If you can look earlier in the thread I posted links to the cheapest source naturals I could find at 600 tablets for $13 dollars and also for the powder at $28 dollars and 151 servings it could last five months for someone taking 3 grams. If you ever up your dose, it's still a good buy. Source naturals is the one that babydollhair recommended in the beginning of the thread that gave her the most growth fastest. She also mentioned sun chorella being good. It is sun chorella not just sun brand, right? If not is it yaeyama which is recommended too?

luckiestdestiny

I just got a response from Vitacost saying my chlorella was on back order. :whyme: SUPER PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I just told them to switch my source naturals brand to the 16 ounce sense it was still available. Had to pay more but for 5 months worth? Sounds good to me. JUST SEND ME MY CHLORELLA NOW!!!!!!! They are wasting my good growing time! :darkcloud:
Are you still on back order?

luckiestdestiny

You know I was reading in a thread somewhere for another idea. Sorry I forgot who posted it. It was for other powdered green stuff like spirulina but I think it would work with powdered chlorella too. I plan to try this when I run out of tablets and order powder the next time around as I don't want to drink if I don't have to. The person suggested taking apple sauce, like a couple teaspoons, take your powder and put it in the middle, and clump it. Then swallow w/o tasting. I think that's a great idea (in theory...let me know how it goes if anyone tries it). I'd suggest following it with water so that you can have the same effects of someone who was going to drink it. You want to dissolve it in the stomach.

I think this serves good purpose...it is suggested you take it with food (problem solved if you're on the go) and it will hopefully take away any "taste" so to speak and make it easier to go down. Definitely include the glass of water or juice or whatever afterwards, though!HTH someone out there.:yep:

AtlantaJJ

I need to read this thread because I have a big bottle of this but I haven't been taking it....why did I buy this again? <bookmarking>

Lebiya

Ok so I ordered the Jarrow 2lb chlorella - 5g p/ teaspoon- and it should be here anytime soon.

When it comes I think I’ll take it before bedtime. I’ll be starting off with a teaspoon then work my way up to 5...YES 5!!!!! that’s 25g of chlorella, but I’ll increase it each month. I’m also going to be adding chia seeds as well. I’ll put together a good regime and go from there.

I’m just going to take a teaspoon of in with water and drink without tasting anything, this could taste like stool, I don’t care, ad long as my hair grows!!

TdotGirl

Someone said earlier that they tried it with bannana strawberry I think and it tasted horrible, but then they tried it w/ apple and it wasn't so bad. Try apple and see what happens.

:giggle: It was I!!!

I love strawberry banana juice and thought it would be cool to mix chlorella in it. :nono: Never again! I think when the juice has to much flavour it's even worse!

Apple juice is really good with it!

luckiestdestiny

Ok so I ordered the Jarrow 2lb chlorella - 5g p/ teaspoon- and it should be here anytime soon.

When it comes I think I’ll take it before bedtime. I’ll be starting off with a teaspoon then work my way up to 5...YES 5!!!!! that’s 25g of chlorella, but I’ll increase it each month. I’m also going to be adding chia seeds as well. I’ll put together a good regime and go from there.

I’m just going to take a teaspoon of in with water and drink without tasting anything, this could taste like stool, I don’t care, ad long as my hair grows!!
Wow. Talk about ambitious. I was planning on increasing mine to 8-10 slowly as that is the "disease fighting level" where you notice extraordinary change. As I have thyroid disease, I thought maybe this could help with that and I could get lots of hair growth too.

The good thing about chlorella is you can't have too much, but my goodness woman, what are you trying to do, have hair down to your knees by tomorrow?:lachen:
Please keep us in the know, because I definitely want to follow your journey. I'll stick to my original plan. I'm already at 4 and I am excited about how fast my nails and hair are growing, so I can only imagine when I double that.

Last edited: