• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

CurlyMoo

if youre taking the source naturals chorella powder i think 5tsp is 15 grams because it says approx 3g for each teaspoon..it should say how much each tsp is worth on the back of the container of whichever brand you take

Thank you. WOW, so I was really taking 12 grams all this time not 9.:blush: Opps! I got caught not reading the label correctly. :ohwell: I have a monster of a headache today. And I was coasting on 12 too. I may drop back, but I really want to make sure I get enough iron, zinc, cooper and significant hair growth and color to my grays from CHL. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

CurlyMoo

Ladies, it just goes to show you that CHL is still in your body and working it's little magic even if you take a few days off. I was still green when I ran out and couldn't take it for 2 days. Although it was lighter green in color.

How can I put this delicately, I don't know if this is a good thing but the stands of my hair are now nearly as thick as my pubic hair. :blush: I have long strong pubic hair growing out of my head but softer. The strands are so THICK I could actually stick them in a needle and sow a hole in my blouse. :spinning:

Essensual

Hey Ladies,

Still going strong with my CHL. I try to check in daily but time doesn't allow. I recently increased to 8gms. I was 10gms for a minute, but it was too much too soon -- so I decreased to 6 and worked my way back up to 8gm. (Jarrow 400mg capsules).

So since I began I've experienced many of the things others here have reported. Initally a little nausea (1 day) and gassiness (almost none now).

On a positive note: I am definitely GREEN. My mood is mellow. Stress response is phenomenal. My nails look whiter and they are certainly longer. Not sure about growth but that's not my main focus with CHL. I will however post another progress pic in the siggy at the end of March.

I absolutely have more energy (without the iron supplement for anemia). My last set of labs show my hemoglobin increasing! For me, this is MAJOR! I have another appt later this week. My skin is clearer and smoother.

I would really like to see the brighter eyes, and decreased cravings everyone else is seeing. I would love to be able to ignore sweets/carbs but that just aint my testimony right now. Luckily, I've got enough energy now to do the "Mile a Day" Challenge. I have increased my water intake. For a moment I was seriously dehydrated.

All in all, CHL is a new staple of mine! I'm looking forward to more great things to report.

Last edited:

Blaque*Angel

Okay that settles it. I GOT to do this tonight!

I have been so focused on getting my internal situation straight NOW I can focus on my masks etc. I just wanted to stop the breakouts. That's done. I must say in spite of the breakouts, the marks they are leaving behind are not that dark so I don't have much to do to fade them. That's a plus!

please try it and report back:yep:

Blaque*Angel

When you figure out the family secret to getting them GREEN, please pass it along, I am right there with you! I only have the 3 kiddos on it, hubby, son, and mom are next.

speaking of family, my mom, three sisters and brother in law have gone green ;)

my cousin and another sister want in on it too!!:grin:

Blaque*Angel

Me too. I'm am sleepy all the time, but I think it's a symptom of detox, right? I need to get the spirulina. I think someone said it gives energy.

i'm not sure if its a sign of me detoxing,but i thought my detox stage was over? i got neck pain, a rash, loads of energy and extreme thirst when i was detoxing :confused:

Jaxhair

lol, i pulled the 2 strands of hair off my chest with a quickness:lachen:i pray for NO MORE!!!!!

I had so so much energy the first few weeks, but not so much now...i'm not tired, it just feels like my body is recovering from the stuff i have been through in the last 15 months.... 2 pregnancies, 2 babies, near death experience, emergency op, lack of sleep etc etc:yawn:

Jeez girl, sound like you've been through the mill! Throwing tons of healing vibes your way!

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to ask if anyone has thought about juicing to take the powder form. I mean juicing fresh fruits and veggies and mixing the powder in with that. My mom does this just about every morning minus the chlorella. She's made all types of potions for me and they really give you kick that lasts all day. Her mixes usually contain cucumber, carrots, celery and she may add an apple for sweetness and even sweetpotato for thickness and creaminess. But the possibilities are endless, you can add broccoli, squash, spinach pretty much anything except bananas because they have no juice. And Ladies it really doesn't taste half bad, but that's beside the point it's the benefits that were interested in, right?

So I was thinking that this would be the perfect thing to mix with the chlorella, you get all the servings of veggies and fruit needed for the day, it would be cheaper IMHO in the long run and what can be better than freshly juiced veggies and fruit?

Unfortunately I won't be able to start the juicing right away b/c juicers are loud enough to wake the dead and I don't think my roommates would appreciate that @7a.m., but I'm going to be moving within the next few weeks so I'll start then. But if there's anyone interested I'd love to hear about it.

Hey Silkii, I juice and smoothie everyday and mix my chlorella in with my juices. Adds a wonderful dark green to them. I started adding spirulina too but those babies make my smoothies smell and taste bad :nono:.

I love juicing the really fibrous veg especially, eg carrots, sweet potatoes and then smoothie the soft fruits - bananas, avocadoes etc for a bit of texture. Works well for me, and it's so good knowing I take my recommended 5 a day with one 'meal' and everything I take on top of that is a good extra.

Still green here and loving it!

Urban

OK, I've read so many pages and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions. I usually don't like when people ask questions without reading the thread ... but this one is 302 pages :nono: ... can't read all of them at the moment, and have just bought some chlorella and spirulina.

1) What is "going green?" - Does that mean your doodoo turns green. Ewww lol.

2) For those taking both Chlorella and Spirulina, what proportions are you taking? I read one post that says half as much Chlorella as Spirulina... is that what everyone is sticking to?

Thanks ladies.

mariofmagdal

OK, I've read so many pages and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions. I usually don't like when people ask questions without reading the thread ... but this one is 302 pages :nono: ... can't read all of them at the moment, and have just bought some chlorella and spirulina.

2) For those taking both Chlorella and Spirulina, what proportions are you taking? I read one post that says half as much Chlorella as Spirulina... is that what everyone is sticking to?

Thanks ladies.

Hi There,

Welcome! Basically the answer to both questions is yes. However, with regards to the Spr/Chl ratio, it is not set in stone. I started at equal amounts and worked my way up to the proper 2:1 ratio, which gave me the chance to see how my body responded.

Most importantly, I can't stress how important a role your water intake will be. Drink plenty, as this will speed your detox and offer relief.

Anymore questions ask away, we GREENIES are great about helping one another. Glad to be GREEN!

Last edited:

GinnyP

I was in Chesapeake, I'm in Woodbridge now. Are you in Chesapeake? Yeah, I've been workign out since January 7. So for about 2 months, but I've skipped some weeks here and there. I started at 207, I'm down to 197 now. I was discouraged because of the scale moving so slow, but I was told since I had been lifting weights regularly, that muscle weighs more than fat, and so I wouldn't see a huge change in teh numbers. I keep that in mind when I want the scale to differ hugely...

Wow great job!!!!

NewlyNature12

I just started taking Chlorella. I would like to attribute my new found energy to the pills, but I'm only taking 1 gram a day until my body gets adjusted. It's probably in my head. I've also added flax seed pills twice daily. We'll see what happens!

sheba1

Thanks ladies.

Hey there, Urban! Welcome :yep:

Mariofmagdal is the bomb so she answered your questions above. But if you have more, take a look at the first couple of posts in the thread. There's a kind of "quick start guide" that's sure to give you a head start.

Oh, and "going green" is when your bms turn a shade of green from chlorella use. :look: You'll understand how exciting it is when you start seeing the changes in your body. lol

AtlantaJJ

When you put it that way should we look at chlorella as a meal replacement or snack maybe? Should I reduce my calorie intake?

I wouldn't call it a meal replacement on its own, it depends what you mix it with. In a glass of water alone, I would not consider it a meal replacement, the calories are very small depending on the amount you take but I use it as a part of my meal, which is fresh or frozen berries, soy milk, hemp protein, flaxseeds, and flax or hempseed oil for instance (I put the kitchen sink in there some days :lol:)

Agreed they're both foods. CHL actually does have fiber. You have to check out page one, the second post of this thread for all the vitamins and nutrients provided by chlorella. However flaxseeds are good for you so please introduce them if you wish!

The amount of fiber is VERY small compared to the recommended daily allowance which is 30 grams per day. I did read your post and CHL does have fiber but you would have to take ALOT to get 30 grams of fiber per day :lol: :shocked:

please try it and report back:yep:
Shoot I didn't get to it last night, I got in kinda late... I a going to to try it.

I'm just so excited that my face just cleared right up! Yay!! :clap:

ETA: RDA for Fiber in a 100 gram serving of CHL is:

Moisture:3.6% Protein:60.5% Fat:11.0% Carbohydrate:20.1% Fiber:0.2% Ash:4.6% Calories:421/100 grams

That is VERY small. Do not mistake this as a high fiber food.......:perplexed: It is high protein which I love, and higher in calories than I expected :scratchch

Last edited:

LaidBak

I thought Super Chlorella was 1000mg not 1000g ?????? :ohwell:

You might try the powder form. I drink it with Naked Juice's Green Machine and I love it. It was strange at first but I really enjoy the taste now. And the pain from my pinched nerve is gone for 2 weeks and counting!

I'm so happy for Chlorella. She changed my life forever. Mom and Dad started 3gs today.

Oops! I forgot the "m". You're right its 1000mg. I'mma go back and correct it. Thanks!

PS.....Ladies, I FINALLY went green. Whew!

Last edited:

Urban

I just took it for the first time! Chlorella and Spirulina in juice. The taste is not too bad, but the smell! phewf! Chug and don't breathe ... that's my motto when I take it again.

Pooks

Twice a day I tip my 20 'little greenies' in my hand, and when I am done swallowing them I always have some green residue (CHL dust) on my palm. Now before I would just dust my hands off and KIM. As of yesterday, I'm mixing a little of my organic body lotion ontop of the leftover CHL in my hand (it goes a little green), and giving my face a little CHL boost. Every little helps right? :lachen:

My skin is doing so much better anyway! Yay CHL!

alexstin

Ladies, it just goes to show you that CHL is still in your body and working it's little magic even if you take a few days off. I was still green when I ran out and couldn't take it for 2 days. Although it was lighter green in color.

How can I put this delicately, I don't know if this is a good thing but the stands of my hair are now nearly as thick as my pubic hair. :blush: I have long strong pubic hair growing out of my head but softer. The strands are so THICK I could actually stick them in a needle and sow a hole in my blouse. :spinning:

Hilarious! I want pubic hair too!:lachen:

HairHustla

Quote: Originally Posted by CurlyMoo

How can I put this delicately, I don't know if this is a good thing but the stands of my hair are now nearly as thick as my pubic hair. I have long strong pubic hair growing out of my head but softer. The strands are so THICK I could actually stick them in a needle and sow a hole in my blouse.

Wowness!

I sure how it can get the gray outta mine I am in my 30's and this is not what I imagined would happen right now, I thought I would be much older so I am holding out hope on that end too !!! :blush:

kryolnapps

Hilarious! I want pubic hair too!:lachen:

I thought that was funny as well! I almost choked while drinking my green smoothie!!:lachen:

yodie

My cycle is officially 9 days late. She's MIA. Chl has to be the culprit because I haven't started anything else.

I'm usually like clockwork. Maybe chl is regulating everything in my body. Hmm... I don't know.
I'm not stressed and I'm very celibate, so it has to be chl.

Anybody else skipping cycles?

mw138

Is anyone craving salt? I am craving salt all day. I have been drinking only water these past few days but the desire for salt is unbelievable.

Does anyone have explanation of this?

I'm not craving salt, but I have noticed that I'm thirsty more often. I always drink at least 60oz of water each day, so this is new to me. I'm usually content with my 60 oz, but I've been gulping down the water recently! :lachen:

Pam Pam

Now this might sound strange, but I noticed that my bbs aren't as lumpy or "fibrous" as they used to be. I was moving my baby's elbow out of my chest and I'm like, wait a minute, where is the lumpiness that's usually there. It is gone. I am so shocked. I don't know if it was fat deposits or what, but they are gone on both. I know some women have fibrous bbs and I thought I was one of them. I don't know if it's the increase water I'm drinking or the chl or the combination.

But now that I'm thinking abou it, some of you said you see a decrease in cellulite. I wonder if that's what it was?

In other news, I can't find my chl, dangit. I can't skip a day; I just can't.

ETA: I found it. 4g down!!! Yay!!!

Last edited:

mariofmagdal

My cycle is officially 9 days late. She's MIA. Chl has to be the culprit because I haven't started anything else.

I'm usually like clockwork. Maybe chl is regulating everything in my body. Hmm... I don't know.
I'm not stressed and I'm very celibate, so it has to be chl.

Anybody else skipping cycles?

I had to search for her too, but she came and went quickly and quietly.:blush:

Another great benefit of being GREEN!

silkii_locks

Jeez girl, sound like you've been through the mill! Throwing tons of healing vibes your way!

Hey Silkii, I juice and smoothie everyday and mix my chlorella in with my juices. Adds a wonderful dark green to them. I started adding spirulina too but those babies make my smoothies smell and taste bad :nono:.

I love juicing the really fibrous veg especially, eg carrots, sweet potatoes and then smoothie the soft fruits - bananas, avocadoes etc for a bit of texture. Works well for me, and it's so good knowing I take my recommended 5 a day with one 'meal' and everything I take on top of that is a good extra.

Still green here and loving it!

That's great! I'm going to be starting as soon as I move.:yep:

sheba1

Hey! I think I have a hair update! I've been wearing cornrows under my wig and spritzing an ayurveda/aloe/nettle mix on my scalp daily. I've been taking a high dose of chlorella (15 grams) for the last couple of weeks. Well... today when I went to wash my hair, I spritzed it with my scalp mixture to help me remove shed hairs before wash. And my hair was NOTICEABLY thicker at the base. Almost like when you have a relaxer and the two textures are so noticeable as you have new growth? That's what it was like! I was like "what in the world?". I think it's new growth! My growth since chlorella appears to be thicker and more tightly packed.

Also, a few weeks ago I was reading a thread about what men considered to be long hair. I asked my bf, out of curiosity, and he said that hair that stretched out past the sholder was long to him. Imagine grabbing your hair in one hand and then stretching it straight out to the side with your elbow at a right angle. I remember doing that and saying, "like this?". My hair reached just past my shoulder. Well today I was stretching my hair like that and my bf commented that it stretched well outside my shoulder. He said it stretched out to my elbow! :eek: I jokingly told him he was silly but you know what? He was right! My hair has grown for sure.

Anyhow, I can't wait to straighten my hair again in July. That will be four months of chlorella use, four months of my ayurvedic reggie and four months from the pic below. I'll post a visual update for you guys then. :drunk:

Green is where it's at!

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Hi ladies, back on the quest to be green. I have a question though, do any of you ladies experience red eyes in the morning? It's like my eyes are always red in the morning and I can't figure out why.

MrsMe

Hello, chlorella bellas! :hiya: I see this thread keeps growing and growing...:lachen:I was gone for just a few days and I had to read five pages of 40 posts! I will never do that again!
I'm still at 4g and today I added 400mg. I will slowly increase my way up to 10g that way, so that my body can have time to adjust. I am COMPLETELY GREEN!! Yup, not even a hint of brown anymore!:grin: I wake up so easily in the morning now and I am NOT a morning person, so it has helped. My boyfriend even noticed that it helped w/ my appetite because I am "a woman who can eat a lot without feeling guilty or putting on weight" and I usually get cranky if I don't get my food like a baby! :lachen:
I saw a few replies that I really liked but I couldn't quote them all. Thank you to all the ladies who kept updating their progress/symptoms w/ chl.
(Special thanks to Sheba1 for her input on skincare! It was really needed!)

So here are a few replies that I ABSOLUTELY wanted to answer to....

Questions for those with acne...how is your diet?

My diet is not the same as last year at all and it has greatly improved. I can officially say that I am eating healthy! :grin:
I realized that I used to eat too much sweets, meat and that a lot of the foods/juices that I consumed had way too much sugars/carbs. How do I know that? Although I haven't exercised regularly since January, I have continued to lose weight. I lost 5 pounds without exercise and without starving. I make sure that I always have fruits available for snacks, at least two to three veggies w/ my lunch/dinner, and always have a fruit with every meal.

However, my skin hasn't benefited from that diet change and has gotten even worse over the past few weeks, but this is due to stress (you know how depressed I was a couple of weeks ago) and hormonal acne. I was getting cysts! I hadn't had cysts for the past 5 years and I was horrified by it! So, I started cutting back on the dairy, meats and sugars and then I started getting addicted to health supplements and superfoods... I started w/ ALA, olive leaf extract and I am now on chl.
I've also been taking EPO and flax seed oil in an attempt to help me with my hormonal symptoms. EPO helped me greatly w/ my PMS symptoms and cramping but my skin is the tough cookie... Flax seed oil turned my skin around in terms of dryness. Winters are usually very tough on it and it cracks all over, but this year I can't complain about dryness. :yep:

My face isn't on point yet, but I have noticed that I have fewer cysts, they don't last as long as they used to and my scars are starting to fade. I started documenting my "skin progress" after realizing that it was a great way to keep track of it like I did for my hair, so I shall post pics in a few weeks (at best) or months.
I believe that I can only benefit from the chl, so it's a keeper for me.

Mine needs to be addressed for certain. I'm starting this week. I have been really busy at work and using that as an excuse to not prepare all my meals. That's bad news for me. I also know that I am going through some hormone changes just because of my age and my cycle pattern. That has a little bit to do with it as well. So I have some tweaking to do with the diet, you are right about that. I am also going to take some herbs that are a good for a woman my age anyway. It's funny how I discovered after some research that many of the herbs for women in periomenopause are also the same herbs for acne :giggle:

YES INDEED! When I told one of my friends that I was taking EPO she told me that it was good for women who have menopausal symptoms, but it also helps young gals like me! :grin: I think that YOU are going to turn me into an herbs addict too...

Hey ladies, just giving everyone my update.

I'm still maintaining at 3 grams of Chlorella a day and I just discovered that they also sell the Green Machine at Costco! Anyways, my skin has not been this clear since I was in middle school. I have no pimples and my scars are fading. Maybe I'll get the guts to post before and after pictures.

Please do!! I'm a sucker for pics especially when it involves such great improvement! :grin:

ALA - Flax Omega 3 and GLA - Hemp oil GLA Omega 9 - are the holy grail for skin problems. I am adding Hemp oil in with my Flax oil, together they make the prefect balance.

This is also a Godsend for me -- > Sarsaparilla
http://www.rain-tree.com/sarsaparilla.htm

The last sentence just solidifies the fact that Sarsaparilla is the perfect complement to CHL for me.

I just started taking sarsaparilla again a week ago for my fingers, they flare up from time to time and I have found that in that short time my face and my fingers are clearing up which caused me to do some research. This explains a LOT!! :scratchch
:wallbash: Now I have to get some more supplements! I must resist! :wallbash: :look:
Can't do it! How long have you been taking these? How did they help?

I just wanted to update everyone and tell them that my face looks great! I feel so great. I haven't had sking this smooth and clear, since before puberty. I did the ACV scrub that Sheba1 mentioned and went to bed with my chlorella mask on my face 3 times and I feel like I look like a new person. I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna have to keep stalking you...:sekret:

Okay that settles it. I GOT to do this tonight!

I have been so focused on getting my internal situation straight NOW I can focus on my masks etc. I just wanted to stop the breakouts. That's done. I must say in spite of the breakouts, the marks they are leaving behind are not that dark so I don't have much to do to fade them. That's a plus!

:grin: You cannot imagine how glad I am to hear that! It gives me hope!!

Last edited: