Use Up the Stash Challenge: Session 3

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
My Curlmart order came in, so I updated my product stash. In looking at my list, I'm actually feeling like I have most of what I need for 2015...lol. I am going to take advantage of Purabody's Black Friday sale if they do the usual BOGO, and I may buy from Hairveda and Silk Dreams, but I'm going to try to stay out of the other sales this year.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Finished up:
*V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying con--may purchase again in the diiiiiiissssstant future (when all of my other rinse outs are gone)
*Loriva Safflower Oil--safflower oil is a staple so I've already replaced this with Pompeian Safflower oil infused with EVOO (95% SO to 5% EVOO)
*Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum sample--I liked this, it felt good and its scent reminded me of Aveda products, not purchasing, but would if this kind of thing were my thing

uofmpanther

Im tossing my MyHoneyChild Olive You Deep Conditioner. It smells like nail polish remover and it didn't do anything great for my hair.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Adding Vatika oil to my use it up short list.

I did a deep clean and found a small bin of products that I put aside a couple of years ago in case I ever went to a meet up. I never make it to those and I'm doing different things with our hair since then, and they are too full/potentially good to throw away, so I guess I'll have to reintegrate them back into my stash.

I found these things for heat styling/straightening which I'll have to add to my stash list:
Redkin Smooth Down Heat Glide
Kms Flatout Hot Pressed Spray
V05 Miracle Mist
Phyto Phytodefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm

I also found these which I don't know what to do with so I'm keeping them separate and off the list for now:
French Perm Stabilizer Plus
Roux Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner

Last edited:

xu93texas

I do need to list my entire stash of products for this session. I'll come back and do that later today. I really have so many products that I don't need to buy anything until 2016. Today, I used up a sample size of Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo from Ulta. Last week dd and I finished Komaza Califia Moisturizing Spray.

Next up on the chopping block to be used up within 30 days:
HTN Follicle Mist
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner
Eden Bodyworks peppermint tea tree oil
ORS HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner
CD Monoi oil Repairing sacred strengthening serum
Aphogee Curlific Texture Treatment

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

oneastrocurlie

Used up DB Herbal Conditioning Leave In Spritz.

I have another on deck but I'm going to work on my diluted APB Leave In and SSI Tahitian Vanilla Leave in.

NaturallyATLPCH

So I purchased 3 HH conditioners to Cowash with. I got rid of my Giovanni TTTT shampoo because the last time I used it it burned my skinned terribly. The Ultra Moist Condish and the Tangerine and Papaya I also gave away.

ImanAdero

Washing my hair tomorrow evening after my run. Need to figure out which shampoo to work on next.

For my conditioner, in going to use my newly found ApHogee 2 Minute Reconstructor.

uofmpanther

I used up one jar of Ecostyler Argan Oil. I haven't been able to find my other one since the move, so I bought one today.

randi415

Finished SM purification masque. I'm sure I mentioned it before but this is my pre poo/detangler/scalp treatment/lazy day DC. it's definitely a repurchase. I'll probably pick up a couple this weekend although I have one unopened. I go through them in 2-3 weeks. Also finished a butter from siamese twist that I had for a really long time. I don't even think it was on my list.

krissyhair

Is this like an empties thread?

The goal is to reduce your number of products in the stash however you see fit.

I'm going the slow-and-steady route, not buying anything new, while trying not to waste anything at home.

ImanAdero

I still haven't washed this weave... No wonder it's rebelling! And here I had all these plans of cowashing and using up my stash...

4 weeks down though. Going to wash tomorrow most likely and spray it down with my leave in. At least I'll be using product.

tjrj1998

I just used up a tea tree conditioner I purchased from TJ Maxx to detangle. It took so long for that dang 32 oz bottle to get finished lol
Im now working on finishing up another conditioner ( the name escapes me now)
I love that my hair supplies only take up one shelf in my linen closet.

xu93texas

I co-washed with SSI Blueberry cowash conditioner. I think I have two uses left before I can scratch off my list.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

oneastrocurlie

Shipping to my mom what's left of:
APB Ayurvedic Oil
DB PSC

And some jbco. I've got two APB oils on the way though lol.

Ann0804

Going through my stash again and decided to toss:

Granier damage Eraser conditioner, and TBS Banana conditioner.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
DCing with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque right now before I go back into hiding for 4 weeks plus+. Don't get it twisted ladies, I will be in here watching y'all LOL!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Used up Bee Mine Luscious last week and today I used up Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Masque.

This month I will focus on the following:

As I Am Cleansing Pudding
Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut Affair
Oyin Hair Dew (50% left)
HV Cocasta Shikakai

*if I use upt he Oyin fast enough I will move onto Qhemet BRBC this month as well.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
September Empties

Eco Styler Eco Custard
Ion Color Solutions Color Defense Intense Moisture
Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel
My Honey Child Hair Mask
Proclaim Intense Hydrating Masque x2
Ampro Pro Styl Olive Oil Gel
Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner
African Pride Olive Miracle Growth Lotion
Dove Pure Care Dry Oil

I just put in some braid extensions so using stuff up may come to a halt because I'll be cutting back on washes.

ImanAdero

October items to use:

Paul Mitchell the Detangler
APHogee 2 Minute Reconstructor (diluted for weave)
Bobeam small shampoo bar
Hydratherma Protein Balance Leave In
DevaCurl Styling gel

krissyhair

My roommate and I went to Wal-Mart this weekend and looked at the clearance cosmetics. They had some Shea Moisture on sale, but I didn't buy any. In fact, this use up challenge is making me cheap because I barely bought any goodies on our Sunday, grocery/leisure Wal-Mart trip. Miniature shopping victory.