Single Christian Women's Support - THE REMIX!

sweetvi

The Lord placed this prayer on my heart today...

Almighty God,

I come before you lifting the single women of this forum. Every time I think of single Christian women, the word "strength" pops into my spirit. Lord, as we move forward into the holiday season, a time that singleness can be a huge burden and a cause for feeling lonely, I want you to remind each and every one of us that through you anything is possible and through you we are strong enough to get through this season.

There are enough ungodly men in this world that each one of us could be married right now but it is by Your strength that we CHOOSE to hold out for a godly man, one hand selected by You. Shield us from the unfiltered, inconsiderate questions and comments of family and friends who use the holidays as a time to question us of our single status. Fill us with the peace the surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7). Remind us that that scripture not only speaks to us but it speaks to those who question us as well. They do not have to understand why we CHOOSE not to marry just anyone. They do not have to understand the STRENGTH that you've give us to wait on You. Redirect their minds Lord. Quench their desire to search through our personal business for answers on our single lives. Send them instead on a search to find the PEACE that we stand on, the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Lord, as a single woman, I stand here confessing that this walk is not easy, but by your GRACE, I will continue to walk this walk until my single path crosses with the path of the husband I KNOW you have for me. Father for every single woman, I declare that every chain of depression, desperation, shame, and guilt is broken right in the name of JESUS. Remind us that we are not choosing to be single, but rather we are choosing to fill your godly purpose for us. Singleness is just merely a step towards fulfilling that purpose. I claim for each of us that the next step of Marriage and Family will be worth every second of our waiting.

Father, you placed on my heart that someone somewhere needs this prayer. Dry the tears of the one who is crying right now. Mend her broken heart Lord. Fill her with confidence and courage. She will get through this. She will see joy in the morning. Father, it took me a long time to reach this place of peace and I can't thank you enough for bringing me to this point. Every tear I shed along the way was worth the unwavering, unshakable faith that I now have as a result of my pain. If you can do it for me, you can do it for the one who is crying right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Father! Her healing has begun and in Your name it will be complete!

Amen!

Thank you........ beautifully written!

Reminiscing

See I don't see it like I am flawed and they are flawed and it's up to me to make the decision. I feel if a man has so much flaws/baggage and it just brings stress and pain to you then it's not what God wanted. I've posted in the relationship forum about some crazy men I've dealt with and I wonder was I suppose to try to make this work. One was in a foreign country and ended up marrying someone else in the states because I never traveled to meet him. By the time I was ready he had moved on. The other has major personify issues where he was controlling and is only here on a visa. My ex was a big time player and the others were just not serious. I don't understand how any of these men could have been my husband. I ask myself would I be happy? Was this my fault? Love should not suffer or cause pain that is what I tell myself. The man God has for me if he has one will be everything I want in a man. He may be flawed but those flaws won't be major issues in our relationship. My biggest regret is the foreign guy cause he was Christian, intelligent, handsome and out families are very close. I screwed up royally by dating a bunch of losers here and he thought I was not serious and I was afraid to travel to his country. Every day I think about it and tears come to my eyes. I pray God to help me get over it or at least see that I did not lose anything cause mentally this is tormenting me.

Kinkyhairlady - I wrote the prayer I just posted before I read your post. The bolded statement above says to me that you may possibly be the one that God placed on my heart. Sis, here's a big hug for you. :bighug:

I want you to wipe your tears and walk forth in confidence knowing that your past is your past and you can move on from it. Just because a man is a Christian does not mean he is the Christian man for you. I know we get caught up on the shortage of Christian men sometimes but we can't focus on it to the point that we lament about a Christian man that "got away." One of the reasons why we all want a Christian man is because he hears God's voice. If God spoke to that young man about you, he would have come to the you and asked to court you. And, if God did speak to him about you but he chose not to listen, then he's not the man you're looking for. We want Godly men who listen to and obey God. So either way you look at it, there was no mistake in you two not coming together. You did not "screw up." That man was for someone else and since he's married to her now, you need to let him go.

Exodus 20:7 says "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's." Change the "wife" in this scripture to "husband." Yes, I want you to let go of this guy for your own peace of mind, but spiritually you also need to let him go. He's married now and and as protection for his marriage, God's Word speaks against your continued desire for "what if" with this man. This is certainly not condemnation, sis, because I've been stuck in a state of "what if" before. Be thankful in knowing that when it's your turn for marriage, God's word will protect you from those who covet you. There's nothing abnormal about the way you feel, but now it's time to let it go. I pray that you find the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Last edited:

Kinkyhairlady

Kinkyhairlady - I wrote the prayer I just posted before I read your post. The bolded statement above says to me that you may possibly be the one that God placed on my heart. Sis, here's a big hug for you. :bighug: I want you to wipe your tears and walk forth in confidence knowing that your past is your past and you can move on from it. Just because a man is a Christian does not mean he is the Christian man for you. I know we get caught up on the shortage of Christian men sometimes but we can't focus on it to the point that we lament about a Christian man that "got away." One of the reasons why we all want a Christian man is because he hears God's voice. If God spoke to that young man about you, he would have come to the you and asked to court you. And, if God did speak to him about you but he chose not to listen, then he's not the man you're looking for. We want Godly men who listen to and obey God. So either way you look at it, there was no mistake in you two not coming together. You did not "screw up." That man was for someone else and since he's married to her now, you need to let him go. Exodus 20:7 says "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's." Change the "wife" in this scripture to "husband." Yes, I want you to let go of this guy for your own peace of mind, but spiritually you also need to let him go. He's married now and and as protection for his marriage, God's Word speaks against your continued desire for "what if" with this man. This is certainly not condemnation, sis, because I've been stuck in a state of "what if" before. Be thankful in knowing that when it's your turn for marriage, God's word will protect you from those who covet you. There's nothing abnormal about the way you feel, but now it's time to let it go. I pray that you find the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Thank you. Yes I know I have to get over it and I try but it's really hard. I feel guilty, regretful and jealous. This is not how my heart should be. I met this man when he came to US and he tells me we would have been married and I would have had a good husband. This is what has stayed in my mind. I should never has met him but I was curious. The devil really knows how to screw with us single ladies. I've recently found a great church and will start praying and attending bible study more. The reason why I'm so weak is cause I don't read the gospel at all when I'm home. I need to force the habit. Someday I'll be ok.

mscurly

Sometimes when you are going through things it can feel like you are alone. Kinkyhairlady I understand how you feel about the what ifs and feeling like you missed an opportunity. I'm going though a similar situation right now.

I was dating this man off and on for 3 years and always had such a crush on him and felt like we were meant to be together. We started dating again in September and when we were together it felt like a dream. He was saying how he was ready to settle down and asking me what types of rings I liked and how he wanted to make me happy. One night I get these texts a 2am from some woman saying how he is her man. I ask him about it and he admits that she was a woman he was dealing with and that it was a mistake. The first time I handle it calmly but THEN I kept getting phone calls and texts and pics with him in her bed. So I started getting mad at him like obviously he is lying to me about his relationship with this girl or else why is she harassing me. I kept asking him to just be honest with me and tell me the truth and stop lying. He says he doesn't want to deal with me anymore because he doesn't want any drama.

I don't know why I am making myself feel guilty for being angry with him about it. What could I have done differently? Thinking maybe I should have handled the situation more calmly then he would have wanted to still speak with me. I should have just cut him off before he had the chance to drop me but I wanted an explanation so badly. It hurts and I feel so rejected. I've continued praying about it and still reading the bible. I haven't stopped doing that but I just feel like maybe I was in this situation because of my own fault. Or God is allowing me to go through this pain and its frustrating. Today was the first day in weeks that I haven't cried about the situation.

I actually believed that me and this guy were going to get married. He had all the things I "wanted" he wanted to give his life back to the Lord, successful, attractive, came from a decent family. All the other guys I've met are either ugly or they don't have their finances in order, or there is no chemistry. I've been single for 2 years and it gets really hard to keep going. Especially after feeling completely rejected after this whole situation.

Thanks Reminiscing for the prayer it blessed me as well.

Praying to move on from this situation but it has really effected my self esteem. My last relationship before this I ended it because the man was cheating on me and I found out because the woman called my phone and told me. Why does this keep happening to me?

Kinkyhairlady

Sometimes when you are going through things it can feel like you are alone. Kinkyhairlady I understand how you feel about the what ifs and feeling like you missed an opportunity. I'm going though a similar situation right now. I was dating this man off and on for 3 years and always had such a crush on him and felt like we were meant to be together. We started dating again in September and when we were together it felt like a dream. He was saying how he was ready to settle down and asking me what types of rings I liked and how he wanted to make me happy. One night I get these texts a 2am from some woman saying how he is her man. I ask him about it and he admits that she was a woman he was dealing with and that it was a mistake. The first time I handle it calmly but THEN I kept getting phone calls and texts and pics with him in her bed. So I started getting mad at him like obviously he is lying to me about his relationship with this girl or else why is she harassing me. I kept asking him to just be honest with me and tell me the truth and stop lying. He says he doesn't want to deal with me anymore because he doesn't want any drama. I don't know why I am making myself feel guilty for being angry with him about it. What could I have done differently? Thinking maybe I should have handled the situation more calmly then he would have wanted to still speak with me. I should have just cut him off before he had the chance to drop me but I wanted an explanation so badly. It hurts and I feel so rejected. I've continued praying about it and still reading the bible. I haven't stopped doing that but I just feel like maybe I was in this situation because of my own fault. Or God is allowing me to go through this pain and its frustrating. Today was the first day in weeks that I haven't cried about the situation. I actually believed that me and this guy were going to get married. He had all the things I "wanted" he wanted to give his life back to the Lord, successful, attractive, came from a decent family. All the other guys I've met are either ugly or they don't have their finances in order, or there is no chemistry. I've been single for 2 years and it gets really hard to keep going. Especially after feeling completely rejected after this whole situation. Thanks Reminiscing for the prayer it blessed me as well. Praying to move on from this situation but it has really effected my self esteem. My last relationship before this I ended it because the man was cheating on me and I found out because the woman called my phone and told me. Why does this keep happening to me?

Thank you for sharing your story mscurly Sounds like he may have been dishonest and possibly you dodged a bullet. It's hard to see it now but you will one day.

Last edited:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Ladies we need a prayer line just so we can raise our voices and fellowship Even if it's monthly or right before the holidays as I'm sure we all feel a ill singles twinge around Christmas, new years and that "single awareness" day called valentines day

I was on a prayer line earlier today for a young mime dance troupe and to hear theses young ladies pray for each other was very encouraging

I'm all for it. We were promised to have a life free of concerns...ummmm...I don't know about y'all but that's just not how I'm feeling right now. Or ever have felt as a singlista for that matter. :/

stephluv

Ladies sending up prayers for all of us...I can't wait until we join the wives club and are encouraging our single women! Have faith ladies!! It'll be your wedding day before you know it...you will be getting ready to walk down the aisle to meet your husband thinking Gods timing is perfect and ALWAYS on time.

Maracujá

If you’re called to love, you’re called to wait. There is no love without patience, no love without waiting, no love without hope. - Gary Thomas

Kinkyhairlady

So I had a crazy idea so I'll share. I was going to submit a prayer request at church to ask for God to send me my husband in 2014. My church is a praying church but I feel kind of embarrassed putting my business out there. Have any of you ladies asked for special prayer at you place of worship?

Divine.

If you all get bored during the holidays, you should check out my new blog: http://thesinglewomanfront.blogspot.com/ (hopefully this isn't in violation of the rules :look:)

Right now, I am just writing what God places on my heart :yep:

To answer your question Kinkyhairlady, I have never done this before. Have you thought about praying with a group of women you are close to instead? Or rather than saying, God send me my husband, maybe your prayer request should be for God to heal you from all the hurt in your past so that you may openly receive all of His blessings in 2014.

Last edited:

Maracujá

Very insightful. It's an adapted excerpt from Gary Thomas' book for singles entitled 'The Sacred Search'. You may already be doing some of these things but since the aim is wholeness and perseverance, I thought it would be a great reminder for 2014. Happy New Year btw ladies ;)

Brain research suggests that romantic attachment—infatuation—is more powerful than the sex drive. Neurologically speaking, it’s easier to say no to physical sexual passion than it is to regulate the rush of emotional infatuation.

Consider all the sermons you’ve heard as a single about reining in the sex drive, developing skills to say “stop” in the heat of passion, not letting yourself get into intense situations, and yet, neurologically, it’s more difficult to deny powerful emotions than it is to regulate sexual passion.

Have you ever heard a sermon or read a blog about emotional self control?
We can’t always choose who we get infatuated with; sometimes, infatuation just happens. But we can choose what to do with that infatuation. We can choose to slavishly follow it, laugh at it, or learn to manage it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did a miserable job of this as a single, so I can’t use myself as an example. Fortunately, we have a much more reliable source to turn to: Jesus. While Jesus never dated, He did have friends, and His friendships reveal the nature of His relationships in such a way that we can imagine how He would date.

For instance, Jesus built rich relationships with Mary, Martha, and Lazarus.
When Lazarus grew very sick, the sisters sent word to Jesus to hurry back because Lazarus was dying. Yet Jesus purposefully delayed His visit until after Lazarus died.

It looked really bad on the surface. An uncharitable view might have been that Jesus was afraid of the Jews in Bethany who had tried to kill Him on his last visit, or that he was simply indifferent. The accusations these sisters greeted Jesus with demonstrated their distrust.

As God, Jesus knew that His friends would feel betrayed. Even so, he held back from doing what they wanted him to do. His friendship was based on something superior to what his friends would think.

Is your friendship great enough to put your loved one’s good above your loved one’s opinion of you?
That’s a difficult place to get to, but it’s the only foundation for mature love. You have to become the kind of person who does what’s best even if the person you love doesn’t think you’re acting with the proper motive or concern.

A 20th century writer, R. Somerset Ward, suggests that such “unselfishness is only possible by means of discipline, of warfare with selfish desires. The highest bond of friendship is forged in the fire of discipline, and it is true to experience to say that the greater the cost of the forging, the greater will be the friendship.”

Most people think the highest bond of friendship is the fire of emotion and affection. What makes someone a friend in the modern mind is that we like them or feel fondly toward them. Somerset suggests, and Jesus models, that the highest bond of friendship is personal discipline—the higher the cost and sacrifice, the truer the friendship. Love is doing what’s best for someone, even if what’s best is confusing or resented. To get to this place, we have to “declare spiritual war” against our selfishness.

Romance is built on dramatic displays of lavish affection
—but such displays can be evidence of an undisciplined heart. Sometimes the most loving thing to do is to limit your displays of affection by submitting to God’s greater good for this person. Ward puts it this way: “A voluntary limitation of demonstration [and] a consideration of their highest good are marks of a great love.”

Jesus could have immediately traveled to Lazarus and healed him, and never given his sisters an opportunity to question His love, or He could have allowed Lazarus to die, allowed Mary and Martha to go through a natural questioning of His love and commitment, and thereby teach them a valuable spiritual lesson. Jesus chose the spiritual lesson and waited until Lazarus died.

It goes a little deeper than this, however. Jesus told His disciples that it was God’s will for him to raise Lazarus from the deadJesus couldn’t do that unless He first let Lazarus die. Jesus lived first for the glory of God, above every human friendship, and that made Him the truest friend anyone could ever have.

Notice also how deliberately Jesus acts in friendship.
Let me ask you a tough question: when you see a friendship or romance just beginning to bloom, are you deliberate or impatient? Do you seek God’s face before you “explore” your feelings and discuss them? If your feelings are contrary to God’s will, they are, at that moment, irrelevant, if indeed Jesus is your God and not just your “friend.”

Many couples tend to be undisciplined and hasty in declaring their affection. They blurt out their feelings before seriously even knowing the other person. And then they tend to be very self-centered, wanting the other person to respond in kind and begin meeting their romantic fantasies with equal desperation.

Jesus does the exact opposite.
Let’s listen to Ward again: “The mistakes in our human friendships are usually due to the fact that we give too generously what is useless to our friend [easy displays of affection], and are too [stingy] in giving the more costly gifts, which are essential to his welfare [reining in our feelings until we know we can back them up].… At the back of all appearances lies the truth that the measure of love is its costliness. To analyze one’s feelings is the worst way of arriving at a measure of friendship; to count its cost is the best way.”

To analyze one’s feelings is the worst way of arriving at a measure of friendship; to count its cost is the best way.

And yet isn’t that what many of us do, spend endless hours trying to figure out what we’re really feeling? Jesus lived and taught that friendship and love are marked by sacrifice: “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends” (John 15:13). Feeling romantically inclined toward someone, but not mentioning it because you know doing so would be premature and unwise, is one of the most loving and difficult things you will ever be asked to do. It is difficult to feel so strongly and not talk about it with the one you’re infatuated with. And it is so delicious to hear that the feelings are returned. But giving free rein to such emotion and conversation is the opposite of love; it is selfish. It threatens that person’s emotional and spiritual health. It shows a lack of concern, a refusal to embrace the sacrifice on which true love is based. Are you learning to deny your selfish desires and put the other person’s spiritual welfare ahead of your own emotional and physical lusts?

How do you truly know whether you are committed to this person, and that you truly love him or her? Here’s how you know: your love is directly proportional to your willingness to act unselfishly, to even let the person think less of you, if in doing so you are serving their spiritual advancement. If you would rather not declare your love because you want to make sure the relationship is wise, that’s counting the cost. That’s love. If you would rather know whether your feelings are returned before you even know whether the relationship would honor God, that’s selfishness. Analyzing your feelings is a waste of time. Analyze instead the fruit of love, your willingness to sacrifice, your commitment to the other person’s welfare.

A God-honoring friendship that might also lead to marriage is exciting
—which is all the more reason we should guard it and make sure it is built on a solid foundation. “The spirit in which we enter on a friendship, determines its growth. Too often we enter lightly and without thought into friendship, but if we consider it as a part of spiritual life, we shall be saved from this disaster. In such a case we shall approach it as a serious matter, striving to discipline it rightly from the start, prepared to give our best to it, however costly it may be… If we can accomplish this by God’s help our life will be enriched by the greatest gift to be found on earth, a friendship such as Christ gave to Lazarus and his sisters.”

If you don’t value God’s approval above your friend’s, you’ll never be able to truly love them. Faith isn’t just about what happens when we die; it changes the way we live, the way we fall in love, and even the way we date.

Link: http://www.garythomas.com/how-would-jesus-date/

Maracujá

^^^*turns green* :lachen: But seriously, this book has been on my wish list on Amazon.com for a while, shoes keep calling my name though:look:.

DreamLife

Back in this thread. Was in a relationship for a few months and things were going so well...then things just crashed and burned. The guy was Christian and we were compatible (so I thought) and I thought everything was perfect. But it was long distance and issues quickly arose and now I'm back here. I was sad for a few days, but now I've reflected on the lessons that he taught me and what God wanted me to get out of that relationship. Can't wait to see what 2014 has to bring (hopefully my husband)! Last year I was so intentional about getting out and dating (and had a ton of good/weird/bad dates) that really strengthened me, so I think it was good for me. I will be prayerful this year and guard my heart regarding relationships.

Last edited:

Phoenix14

^^^*turns green* :lachen: But seriously, this book has been on my wish list on Amazon.com for a while, shoes keep calling my name though:look:.

Listen, don't feel bad. I've had this book for months and I still haven't finished it. It's like I'm afraid of what realizations it will bring me

Belle Du Jour

I have Kindle, I've purchased books via Kindle in the past but they remove it after a period of time so :/.[\QUOTE]

No, that's no supposed to happen. You should write customer service about that. I have never had that happen. I know I've borrowed books from the library on my kindle and those expire but not book that I've purchased. :ohwell:

LucieLoo12

Hello Ladies. I wanted to just stop by and tell you guys that you're waiting is not vain. A little over a year ago I never thought I would be married, but I will be sending out my wedding invitations this week.( wedding date 3/1/14) The devil told me that no one wanted me and that I would die alone. But he is a liar :lol:. I was saved and on fire for God single for about 7 years before I got engaged. And when I tell you my engagement came out of the blue...it really did. I always desired to be married but I desired more for it to be in God's will. I had nights being single that I would cry because of the lonliness. Before I got saved I was very sexually active, so I had to even be weaned from that. My body would crave touch and affectionate from a man, but I would fall on my face and cry out to God. And He kept me. :yep: I know it may sound a little cliche but marriage didnt happen to me until my mind was off of it and I was truly content in God. It seemed like all my friends were getting married and I was the only one left out. But I didnt let that bother me, but I continued to seek God and trust Him. I didn't date at all, but I wanted to do things holy and pure. And the bible says He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. God will do it. Me and Fh have never kissed or been intimate. I will kiss my husband for the first time on my wedding day. They're are godly men out there. When you do things the bible way, you get bible results.

Even after being engaged, I'm very happy, but it isnt the end of all things. It doesn't fill all of our voids and it's not the ultimate joy that is in Jesus. If anything, it has shown me how much I need God even the more. So I just wanted to say all this to say that God is faithful and He sees all things. And He said those that wait on Him will not be ashamed. Love you all.

Reminiscing

Hello Ladies. I wanted to just stop by and tell you guys that you're waiting is not vain. A little over a year ago I never thought I would be married, but I will be sending out my wedding invitations this week.( wedding date 3/1/14) The devil told me that no one wanted me and that I would die alone. But he is a liar :lol:. I was saved and on fire for God single for about 7 years before I got engaged. And when I tell you my engagement came out of the blue...it really did. I always desired to be married but I desired more for it to be in God's will. I had nights being single that I would cry because of the lonliness. Before I got saved I was very sexually active, so I had to even be weaned from that. My body would crave touch and affectionate from a man, but I would fall on my face and cry out to God. And He kept me. :yep: I know it may sound a little cliche but marriage didnt happen to me until my mind was off of it and I was truly content in God. It seemed like all my friends were getting married and I was the only one left out. But I didnt let that bother me, but I continued to seek God and trust Him. I didn't date at all, but I wanted to do things holy and pure. And the bible says He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. God will do it. Me and Fh have never kissed or been intimate. I will kiss my husband for the first time on my wedding day. They're are godly men out there. When you do things the bible way, you get bible results. Even after being engaged, I'm very happy, but it isnt the end of all things. It doesn't fill all of our voids and it's not the ultimate joy that is in Jesus. If anything, it has shown me how much I need God even the more. So I just wanted to say all this to say that God is faithful and He sees all things. And He said those that wait on Him will not be ashamed. Love you all.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Divine.

Today is the first day in a really long time I have felt down. All these emotions of hurt are surfacing out of nowhere! The guy I used to talk to has a birthday coming up on Monday. I have been feeling so bad lately for blocking and ignoring him that I reached out to him yesterday. Idk why I did that.

When you reopen a door God has already shut, you will have zero peace. Why should I really care it's his birthday? I don't even see myself with him ever. Sometimes I care too much about the wrong people. Now my emotions are rattled because I knew I should've just left it alone.

Moral of the story: if God has confirmed to you multiple times that someone isn't the one, don't ignore the signs. Don't make excuses for reopening doors shut by God. They were shut for a reason. Even if you have good intentions, don't leave room for the enemy to use that counterfeit as a distraction.

I'm using my mistake as an example.

Phoenix14

Divine. Go ahead and CLOSE THE DOOR. I know exactly how you feel because I feel similarly with old flings. To be honest, you can still have fond sentiments with someone without reaching out to them. Pray for him, wish him the best, but use God as your communication medium. Tell him Happy Birthday through the Lord. He'll get the message lol.

Divine.

Phoenix14 This is some good advice! I was trying to figure out if maybe I was wrong for still "caring." But it's not even that I care; there's just certain things you don't forget. The Holy Spirit can drop him a message on Monday :lol: Thanks :hug2:

I feel much better too!

Kinkyhairlady

Today is the first day in a really long time I have felt down. All these emotions of hurt are surfacing out of nowhere! The guy I used to talk to has a birthday coming up on Monday. I have been feeling so bad lately for blocking and ignoring him that I reached out to him yesterday. Idk why I did that. When you reopen a door God has already shut, you will have zero peace. Why should I really care it's his birthday? I don't even see myself with him ever. Sometimes I care too much about the wrong people. Now my emotions are rattled because I knew I should've just left it alone. Moral of the story: if God has confirmed to you multiple times that someone isn't the one, don't ignore the signs. Don't make excuses for reopening doors shut by God. They were shut for a reason. Even if you have good intentions, don't leave room for the enemy to use that counterfeit as a distraction. I'm using my mistake as an example.

I'm happy you realize this. I battled with the same thing. Kept in contact with ex's and recently I realized this is a barrier a stagnation from me getting my true blessing. If I hang on to ex's that still want to be with me they do not want another man coming into the picture and will block that blessing. I care about them to but I realize I'm not with them because they are not what is good for me. When they call I answer but keep the convo very short. My point is getting across without me feeling guilty. I've been going to church and joined a woman's group. I finally have a group of people surrounding me and praying for me. This is a breakthrough year for me and I hope to be posting in this thread in a few months my own testimony of finding the man God has prepared for me. Don't let anything or anyone stand in the way of your blessing it's not worth it. I was doing my own self sabotage by letting the Devil block my blessing but no more!

Phoenix14

I took one day off yesterday or well a few hours off (planned). In 24 hours the devil has been working overtime. I found out a family member was killed, but to God be the glory.

Praise Report:
- the recent sermon was EXACTLY what I needed
- rekindled a friendship and that friend was exactly who I needed

Sosa

For me, it's hard walking down the kids section in most stores. I just start ahhhing and thinking about when my day will come.

Tell me about it. I love the baby aisles. Only I avoid those sections when I'm with my mom cuz I have learned that grandbaby hunger>>>> baby hunger :lol:.
The other night my mom had a dream, she saw me as Kate Middleton holding my baby. I was like huh? Then she texted me this picture :look:

SSPX0086.jpg

:lol:

Lenee925

I can't believe I am just seeing this thread and venturing into the CF forum now. I've missed out!

Maracujá I read your posts by Gary Thomas which lead me to read his blog which then lead me to download Sacred Search to my Kindle app and start reading it! I even shared the blog with my BFF and she liked it so much that she shared it with her boyfriend. :lol:

It's a a little intimidating at first because it's so very different from the idealogy of the mainstream mindset of finding a husband BUT it's so powerful and freeing. The more I read, the less I feel like a lonely husbandless victim lol and the more I am learing about who I really am in Christ and how that properly defines the place marriage will have in my life eventually.

I like that he says, it's not only about who you want to marry, but WHY? I think this book is going to help me retain my old mindsets of finding a husband.

Thank you :)