SL 2014

mshoneyfly

Baggying for most of the night with shea moisture thickening hair milk and safflower oil. My hair turns to silk from the ceramides in that oil. Will get up in a few hours to apply my coconut milk powder, bhringraj powder, tulsi powder, AVG, coconut water mix. I added some shea moisture raw shea masque too. Its still frozen bc I mixed it the other day.

Ive been neglecting my hair lately...its hard to keep up a regimen since I started working full time. Ive been seeing a bit of breakage the last few days. May need to do a protein treatment this weekend.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

hnntrr

I really need to wash my hair 2-3 times a week. Gonna try to come up with a prepoo for this new shampoo I bought. It's too harsh and I am almost out of my staple. Hopefully when I get paid again I can afford it...25 bucks to too much. I hate that that's the only thing that works decently on my hair.

Bought more DC, a denman brush and have CURLY curls soufflé on order. Ran out of crime brûlé and almost out of Eco styler so hoping the soufflé will give me a two in one (since my hair really liked the brule. Wearing my hair in a puff again. It looks bigger so I hope that means it's growing. Hoping to be partial SL by February/March..that would be great growth for my 1year.

Gona try the denman out Friday when I finally DC. It's been too long my hair is crying for moisture. Hopefully the denman will get out some of those SSKs that I am getting from exclusively finger combing

LdyKamz

I've started cowashing daily and it is working out wonderfully. Only problem is, this is getting old fast and I'm using a lot more product.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I've started cowashing daily and it is working out wonderfully. Only problem is, this is getting old fast and I'm using a lot more product.

Girl I know that's why I rarely wash n go or cowash more than 3 times per week bc you use so much more products doing it daily.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

faithVA

[USER=317255 said:
KammyGirl[/USER];19138759]I've started cowashing daily and it is working out wonderfully. Only problem is, this is getting old fast and I'm using a lot more product.

Can you try every other day and see how that works? Can you get second day hair?

LdyKamz

I was thinking I would try that tonight. I can definitely get second day hair just wanted a boost in moisture fast. I think it worked. So now maybe I can scale back.

APrayer4Hair

My hair is doing well even though I no longer cowash daily, heck TBH IDK when the last time was that I washed my hair (i think 2 weeks ago). This is a big deal for me seeing as tough I cowashed daily for the first year. Twistouts have been a Godsend, I wear it for about 3-4 days then put it in a TO puff for the next 3 days. This natural hair thing is coming along. I have honestly enjoyed the experience of watching my hair grow from the TWA to now.

APrayer4Hair

I really need to wash my hair 2-3 times a week. Gonna try to come up with a prepoo for this new shampoo I bought. It's too harsh and I am almost out of my staple. Hopefully when I get paid again I can afford it...25 bucks to too much. I hate that that's the only thing that works decently on my hair.

Bought more DC, a denman brush and have CURLY curls soufflé on order. Ran out of crime brûlé and almost out of Eco styler so hoping the soufflé will give me a two in one (since my hair really liked the brule. Wearing my hair in a puff again. It looks bigger so I hope that means it's growing. Hoping to be partial SL by February/March..that would be great growth for my 1year.

Gona try the denman out Friday when I finally DC. It's been too long my hair is crying for moisture. Hopefully the denman will get out some of those SSKs that I am getting from exclusively finger combing

You should really try Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo. Its very gentle and doesn't dry my hair out. I am sensitive to shampoos too, even those "no sulfate ones" .Its $6 for 10oz at curlmart.com and you only have to use a little.

faithVA

You should really try Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo. Its very gentle and doesn't dry my hair out. I am sensitive to shampoos too, even those "no sulfate ones" .Its $6 for 10oz at curlmart.com and you only have to use a little.

I just saw an article online this week, that said the Elucence and the Cream of Nature Argan were two of the most gentle shampoos for hair.

Wenbev

prepoo'd this morning with warmed hair trigger to the scalp thanks mshoneyfly and kera vada's green tea oil on the hair. cowashed with tresseme naturals aloe vera and avocado condish. Sitting with oscar blandi's marine mud ( my untimate spa product guilty pleasure) as a dc for 20 mins w/ heat. Will wash that out and final rinse w/ my tea brew of nettle, horestail, fenugreek, and rose hips.

HairPleezeGrow I use my unhenna'd roots as a growth marker too. :grin:

I've been averaging about 3/4 inch every 6 weeks and I havent needed to trim so hope to see some good length soon.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Bought some shea moisture products CVS had a bogo free on this brand. I purchased 3 yucca & aloe thickening milks, 3 coconut & hibiscus curl milk, and 2 anti breakage mask.

HPG

LdyKamz

Deep conditioning now with Komaza Olive Moisture Mask. I love this stuff. I'm DCing over night because I'll be out all day tomorrow and want my hair to stay soft without having to moisturize again.

I was supposed to do a protein treatment first but I forgot so guess I'll be doing it next week.

mshoneyfly

Sunday Im going to Walmart to get some yarn for yarn braids. Im gonna try to do it myself. I want them long enough so I can make a high bun :look:

I feel like I can have more control over the yarn strands instead of bulk hair. Im gonna try practicing a few braids until I feel comfy with the process. I want it done for my BDay next month

I LOVE this HHJ!!

apemay1969

Sunday Im going to Walmart to get some yarn for yarn braids. Im gonna try to do it myself. I want them long enough so I can make a high bun :look:

I feel like I can have more control over the yarn strands instead of bulk hair. Im gonna try practicing a few braids until I feel comfy with the process. I want it done for my BDay next month

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I just don't understand how yarn braids don't look like yarn...braids. do they really look like hair? What's the advantage? I better go do some research.

mshoneyfly

I just don't understand how yarn braids don't look like yarn...braids. do they really look like hair? What's the advantage? I better go do some research.

apemay1969
They look kinda like dreads...pretty cool IMO. My DD did her own hair before she left for school with brown yarn. It looks so much easier to install on my own.

Heres a pic

image-1006369219.jpg

I LOVE this HHJ!!

hnntrr

Oh! Thanks! I just saw this. I will definitely check it out.
I bought JASÖN 84% Aloe Vera Moisturizing Shampoo cause my hair likes the conditioner and it just stripped my hair so much. Took two days of moisture recon to get it back straight and it was squeaking. So I am saving it for my once a month, once every month and a half clarifying shampoo. I think it also made my hair hard cause I did a protein treatment after and I shouldn't have used a new shampoo and done a protein treatment in the same wash, especially when I am sensitive to both.

I will check it out though! Thank you :yawn:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
What length are you now?

NL barely SL

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?

Natural

What retention methods do you plan on using?

I stay cornrowed under a wig.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special?

Nope

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131027_123015.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131027_123015.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 48

Aggie

Im doing a one-step hendigo treatment right now using some left over henna I had 2 weeks ago. I added some fresh indigo to it to stretch it for a full head treatment.

Aggie

Oh, in addition, I will be giving myself a much needed deep conditioning treatment this afternoon as well. Can't wait.

Queensheba88

What length are you now? Bangs nose length, sides neck length, crown comes to forehead..nape almost collar bone length 5-6 inches all over

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? 4c natty

What retention methods do you plan on using? Braids, weaves and wigs...I want to try some protective styling with my own hair also...trimming as needed...upping water intake

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? I'm taking country life maxi-hair plus it contains high levels of biotin

Post a starting pic...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 30

LdyKamz

Walmart has a 20% sitewide discount. I just bought way too much stuff. But they were all conditioners that I've wanted to try.

apemay1969

Id love to join this challenge because I won't make it this year.

Also, answer the following:

What length are you now?

NL, I guess. The back rests on my collar bone when i pull to measure.

Texlaxed

Buns, crochet braids, wigs.

I'll use an MN/Vatika massaged into scalp for optimal growth.

Post a starting pic.
My phone camera has 2mp. Every picture looks like Christmas there's so much snow. I'll post soon as I can. Promise.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Sitting here with my hendigo on my roots. Will wash out in 4 hours and then 30 minute dc with shea moisture yucca & baobab anti breakage treatment. Then dc with SD raz affair.

HPG

I want to join!!
Also, answer the following:

What length are you now?

SL, in the back but I want to be full shoulder length and thicken up my hair.

Texturizer

Buns

Biotin every now and again, msm when ever

Post a starting pic.
When I get home!!!