Waist Length Challenge 2015

jnel29

I'm in. I am inching towards APL. If I can keep the scissors out of my hair I will get there.

I am currently wigging it for the colder weather. When not in a wig and even under the wig, I will be in mini braids.

My products change all the time....as long as I have a leave-in, a rich oil, heavy moisturiser I am good.:yep:

IronButterfly

Stranger things have happened so I'm throwing in all the chips on a gamble to WL in 2 years. Currently I'm just past SL and CL in the back. My regimen varies by need and desire (ayurvedic, co washing, occasional shampoo bars, betonite clay, protective styling). Got my fingers and toes crossed.

blazingthru

Joining twa for now, but I am working hard to get my hair back, goal is
Bra strap 2015 so excited haven't worked out my Reggie yet but I brought my oils.

Changed Up. I now do the Green house Effect and Wash and Deep condition once a week, I do protein treatments every two weeks.

So far loving it and have much thicker hair. Can't wait to see the growth!, I'll make Bra-strap by summer.

Last edited:

ImanAdero

I'm. In! I anticipate being WL in 2014, but I'm not going to put a time limit on it. I'm just going to enjoy it.

Current regimen;

- Shampoo with non sulfate shampoo (Elasta Creme Conditioning Shampoo) roughly every 2 weeks.
- cowash when in braids weekly either with a V05 moisture milk conditioner and trying to use up the As I Am Coconut Cowash.
- Trying to get into deep conditioning, mostly moisturizing, but occasionally a protein conditioner too.

Mostly protective styles. Sometimes braid outs. If hair is not in big braids pinned/bunned, it's probably in a braid out.

Straighten whenever working out allows. Search and destroy missions whenever I see splits. Trims when my hair is straightened.

Currently just at BSL. Photo to come before I get extension braids put in next week.

ImanAdero

Oh and I prepoo too. I'm trying to get into this ceramides thing so I have been using safflower oil.

Oh and I also do some variation of LCO or LOC. With whatever is on hand.

I think that's it. ( ._.)

Celesti

I was wondering if anyone on the thread is dealing with low porosity hair? It's been kicking my butt for a good year, but I've recently been starting to find ways around it. How about you all?

ChannieBoo3

I'm in ! I know I can be at WL by then :)

Regimen :
Baggy overnight w/ variety of oils
Wash 1x a week
DC 1x a week
Condition w/ egg every two weeks
Air dry and m&s in twists
Flat iron whenever I feel like it lol

I'll post a starting pic next week..

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I would like to join!
I'm currently almost APL.

WL December 2015 sounds like a great challenge!

I am planning on flat ironing in 2 weeks so I will post my starting pic at that time.

eta:

Regi:

I wash every 4-6 days.

Wash day #1
  • Oil scalp
  • Finger detangle
  • Shampoo
  • Quick conditioner rinse w/Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment
  • Rinse
  • DC (w/heat) or overnight if its the weekend
  • Rinnse
  • Seal cuticle with Porosity Control + Kenra Mositure conditioner
  • Leave ins and LCO
  • Bun or wig PS
4-6 days later
  • Oil scalp
  • Prepoo (with heat)
  • Finger detangle
  • Shampoo
  • Quick conditioner rinse w/Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment
  • Rinse
  • Seal cuticle with Porosity Control + Kenra Mositure conditioner
  • Leave ins and LCO
  • Bun or wig PS
Extras::

I always mix oils and conditioner for my prepoo
Wash#1 is fancy.. I usually add oils and cassia to my DC. I recently started adding fenugreek to that DC mix as well :lick:

-M&S nightly, Satin bonnet to bed
-Protein every 5 weeks
-Texlax every 12-14 weeks
-Trim as needed (shooting for every touchup @5 wks post when I straighten)

Last edited:

iVR

I'm in!

I am currently NL, and this challenge may be a bit premature for someone with my length, but I'm finished cutting my hair, and since WL is my goal, this gives me something to work towards - and a greater reason to leave those scissors alone.

My current regimen: (weekly)
Pre-poo with oils/hot oil treatment
Cleanse
Condition
Seal
Air dry in plaits

My products:
Pre-poo - coconut oil, I intend to mix up an herbal blend like this one on YT once I purchase the herbs and oil

Cleanse - different poo bars: Anita Grant Babassu and Amla, Anita Grant Peppermint Babassu, Henna Sooq Cocoveda bar

Condition - Tresseme Naturals (I have one more bottle of the old formula before I make the switch to one that I make myself or go back to Oyin Honey Hemp)

Seal/scalp treat - Qhemet Biologics Nourishing Amla Pomade, JBCO for edges

Lol I'm not even NL! I got a fro hawk about a month ago, but I'm in.

JosieLynn

Did a length check today so i'd thought I'd add my starting photos in. I don't know how easy it is to tell but my hair reaches the 10 line on my WL length check shirt :grin: BSL is around line 11 or 12 for me so i'm hoping to be grazing or basically BSL by december

Attachments

• 996598_10151863249007726_1074241337_n.jpg
    996598_10151863249007726_1074241337_n.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 131

Duchess007

I was wondering if anyone on the thread is dealing with low porosity hair? It's been kicking my butt for a good year, but I've recently been starting to find ways around it. How about you all?

I tested my hair for porosity a couple weeks ago and found that I am medium-high porosity (hair sinks steadily to the bottom of a cup of water). I was SOOO sad that I... might have checked... like... three more times. :look:

The way I understand it, high porosity hair requires constant moisturizing and, while high porosity can occur naturally, it's often caused by chemical treatment or other forms of damage. I find that I need to moisturize daily.

Based on the descriptions I see online, it sounds like it would be much easier, regimen-wise, to be low porosity. What kind of struggles are you facing?

ETA lanks: http://www.curlynikki.com/2012/11/hair-porosity-and-width-natural-hair.html?m=1

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2013/05/5-ways-to-get-moisture-into-low-porosity-natural-hair/

http://naturalme4c.weebly.com/1/post/2013/03/what-is-my-hair-porosity.html

http://www.blackhairscience.com/porosity-concerns/

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Duchess007

Went to Goodwill and bought a 2 dollar striped shirt that will be my length check shirt. I'll do a length check at the end of September and another at the end of the year. Hopefully using this shirt will help me measure what's actually happening with my hair (I've been very bad about tracking length and other changes). I'm excited to start the journey to WL!

image-3322214999.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

YellowMellow

I'm sooo tempted to join this challenge! But Recently I've noticed how loooooong WL hair would be on me. My waist is so far down since im tall. My final goal may just be MBL

ojemba

I'm in...

I first taught no way I'll be WL by 2015 but I did the math..

Sept is 2 years since my last relaxer. My nape area is 7.5' long

I measured where WL is from my nape and it's 19'. My past growth in my nape average 3.75 per year. I think if I stick to my 2strand twist and wash/con every 3 weeks to re-do twist regi I may be able to retain at least 5' per year. That would put me at 17-18 inches in Sept 2015. Then I still have until Dec to get to 19.

Like I said I'm IN!!!

image-655879413.jpg

I'm starting here

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

You guys can do it! We had a ball in our 2013 WL thread and we started in 2011. A lot of ladies made WL already!:yep: So 2 years is DEFINITELY a reasonable time frame especially if you stick to whatever causes you to retain growth throughout the challenge.

KaramelDiva1978

Add me please! I'm hoping at the latest, Spring 2015. I'm about 2 inches from BSL right now and about to hide my hair for the winter by moisture & sealing and wigging it. My plan is to only wear it out for the week after my relaxer. I got a much needed trim for my relaxer last week and had some unnecessary breakage due to dryness. So I'm about to cover it well and help it grow. I started back on my GNC Hair, Skin & Nails vitamins too. I've always had the best results with that vitamin as opposed to HairFinity.

Thank you JJamiah, this came right on time. I'll be shampooing and deep conditioning tonight so I'll post my LC between tonight and tomorrow.

SCarolinaGirl

I'm in! Currently APL. Will relax mid October then I'll post a length check pic. The pic in my avi is from last week with conditioner. Currently 9 weeks post. Regimen is linked below.

Evolving78

Ok I'm IN ! I'm also between collarbone and APL and I think 2015 is the perfect goal year to hit the WL !

Don't know wether I'll be able to get there by the beginning or end of 2015 tho looool

I'm SL, but with no crazy setbacks, I will make it, so I'm in too!

NaturalfienD

Please add me JJamiah ... thank you for creating this challenge!

I think I can make WL by the end of 2015. I am going to PS literally for an entire year (until the end of 2014) and see what happens from there. I began using sulfur a month or so ago and have noticed pretty good results since adding that to my regimen. Anyway, here is what I do:

Daily: Spray scalp with AVJ.

Weekly: Cowash with V05 and a few drops of EOs.
Apply sulfur mix to scalp two or three times a week.

Monthly: Remove/redo twists around the parameter.

Bimonthly: Take my twists down, pre-poo; shampoo; Aphogee 2-Step; Moisture D/C; and install twists using the deep moisture method.

I am excited about the length I will retain and the encouragement we will give to one another!!

** I will post a picture of my hair sometime in October. **

HHG ladies ...

prettybyrd

Lol I'm not even NL! I got a fro hawk about a month ago, but I'm in.

Yay, fellow short haired lady! We'll be bringing up the rear together. :lol:

I'm going to need every day, every second of 2015 to make it to WL. We can do it! :)

snoop

I'd like to join! At the moment I'm working towards APL by the end of this year.

I mostly wear mini twists. I think the biggest challenge will be finding a good winter routine.

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Add me in this joint. I'm in the W(hip)/Tail Bone 2014...but this is more realistic. I am hoping to be grazing WL by end of 2014, so 2015 will definitely happen.

Ultimate Goal: WL...maybe longer. Depends on how I feel about WL when I get there.

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural 4 a/b, strands on fine side, normal porosity.

Tips/Tricks: Protective styling is what's up. Don't be afraid to dust, but don't OD.

Issues or difficulties you're having: None. If I keep this same reggie up, I will get to my goal.

Current Length: BSB/Bsl...same thing on me.

Goal Month: March 2015 (bday month)

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 6. I plan to retain at least four in this next year to put me at around 15 or 16." 17" is waist on me.

Reggie: Prepoo with coconut oil. Shampoo biweekly, cowash biweekly, Dc weekly, add leave in, seal and style in twists braided or pinned up. Spritz, moisturize and seal every other day with LCO method. Heavy seal with butters. My hair loves a lot of oil. I take vitamins, try to work out and drink enough water. I am a minor pj with not so picky hair, so products don't matter...methods do. :yep:

I also Ps 100% of the time. I prefer my hair up so yes I am still enjoying my hair.

ForumRunner_20130921_220222.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Last edited:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I'm in! I'm SL right now, but I think I can still make it!

Once a week, I deep condition, shampoo, and condition. During the week, I moisturize and seal 1-2x per day. I also usually wear my hair in wigs during the week and out on the weekend, but that may change now that my hair is getting longer.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I'm lurking for now. I'll be back in December.

I lied to myself. :yep: I'm going to join now, instead of waiting until December. I will post a pic and current regimen on Monday.

Edit 23 Sep 13:

My current regimen is as follows:

Pre-poo w/ oil/ conditioner concoction
Shampoo w/ ORS Aloe poo 1/wk
Deep condition (moisture) w/ whatever I have on hand 1/wk
Protein as needed
LCO w/ water, Shea concoction or Kandy Kurls leave-in (until it runs out), and seal with RBO

I either bun my hair or place two big two-strand flat twist and pin up the ends. I purchased some Marley braiding hair that I plan to use this weekend.

Last edited:

YellowMellow

Ok I'm nervous I won't make since I'm not even BSL yet. Here's my September length check. I'm soooo excited! This is the longest my hair has ever been even as a child!! I'm wearing my hair straight for the rest of this week then it's back to braid outs. I love how my braidouts turn out. And if they come out a little iffy I just put them in an updo.

I may be getting a weave for this cold winter. I live in Alaska !! Lol so we'll see. I'm hoping to be WSL by December 31!!:) lol taking my sweet time!

Attachments

• image-2722750137.jpg
    image-2722750137.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 108