~~~Relaxed Bunning Thread~~~

Leesh

I have to find something to secure my buns. :/ Elastics are too harsh, silk scrunchies work but they don't hold my hair as tight as Id like and I feel like am too bald for banana clips. I ordered the small and they were too small. I feel like the large will laugh at me.

SuchaLady,

I got this trick from another poster here, which I wish I started using sooner or I wouldnt be in the midst of a set back as we speak.

Cut a stocking or a really stetchy thin sock about an inch and a half in width and snip, knot both ends. It stretches as far as you need and the two knots work as ballies do. It slides right under the other and locks into place. Saturate it with oil first. And youre good to go.

I was dragging my textured hair thru a ponytail holder, while slowly snatching my hair to shreds. :cry:

Last edited:

lovely_locks

I was in the Navy and bunned all the time. The problem I had was from where my hair tie was my hair dyed. I had to cut all my length off because I bunned all the time. What can I do to prevent that. My hair is to short to do high buns or anything fancy. My hair wont stay in spin pins it is too short. My hair is weird. My hair is long enough to rub on the color of my clothes (only the back) So, I need to pin it up, but my ends are not doing too good, so I want to protect them. I woke up this morning and it was nine degrees, yes nine!!! So I need to protect my hair from this weather.

Lymegreen

I was in the Navy and bunned all the time. The problem I had was from where my hair tie was my hair dyed. I had to cut all my length off because I bunned all the time. What can I do to prevent that. My hair is to short to do high buns or anything fancy. My hair wont stay in spin pins it is too short. My hair is weird. My hair is long enough to rub on the color of my clothes (only the back) So, I need to pin it up, but my ends are not doing too good, so I want to protect them. I woke up this morning and it was nine degrees, yes nine!!! So I need to protect my hair from this weather.

You can use satin elastics

http://www.etsy.com/listing/9471294...ip_to=US&ga_ref=auto6&ga_search_type=handmade

or

Something like this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/112464561/onyx-escrunchie

sunnieb

lovely_locks I wore my bun in the same place pretty much everyday. Here's what I think helped me:

-weekly dc's with light protein to keep my stands strong

-I take my bun down nightly so it gets a rest from being bunned all day

-weekly moisturizing dc's to make sure my strands didn't dry out

-moisturize 2x daily

-use bunning gadgets to bun so I'm not using a ponytail base all the time

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

sunnieb

Lesson learned from using my banana clip today:

I put it in with the clasp at the top so the attached part was near my nape.

Well as bad luck would have it, I was removing the clip and one of my nape hairs got stuck in between the enclosure. I tried to slide it out, but it was no use. I could take it better it the hair was on my crown. My nape is still in recovery mode.

I'll put the clasp on the bottom next time. :yep:

sharifeh

my hair isn't the length i want to be to go full-time with bunning. when i get to MBL, or WL i will feel more comfortable. i have fine hair and i just want them to be more bigger, thicker. and fuller, without any assistance.

that's my problem, my buns are sooo anorexic

Evolving78

that's my problem, my buns are sooo anorexic

yep! so the more hair i have and if i do it on air dried hair, i can get that juicy look! Sunnieb and Divachyk put me on to making them appear more fuller. but i always just stick a decorative hair bun net over it.

crlsweetie912

I have to find something to secure my buns. :/ Elastics are too harsh, silk scrunchies work but they don't hold my hair as tight as Id like and I feel like am too bald for banana clips. I ordered the small and they were too small. I feel like the large will laugh at me.

SuchaLady Tracie from kiss suggested using headbands to bun with since you can control how loose or tight they are....

sunnieb

Today's bun is spilling out of the hair net, but I don't care. I don't feel like being at work anyway.

ForumRunner_20130125_083629.jpg

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Lilmama1011

I still can't bun, I attempted to do one like three days ago, it just seems like my hair is so dampen THIN! It makes me freaking sick, that I can see someone on YouTube that appears to have thinner hair than me and still do a bun, that is ridiculous, I'm going to try and air dry with rollers so it can be thicker or I might just do my curl formers SMH

koolkittychick

Great thread! Buns are my go to style now--they helped me get past the shoulder-length plateau I was on for two years into APL territory, and with some diligence, I will see BSL and maybe even MBL this year!

I never use things like ponytail holders or donuts for my buns (my hair snags horribly on those things); instead I use Goody spin pins, as they do the best job in securing my fine hair without pulling on my scalp or snapping the hair off upon insertion or removal.

Once I reach waist length, I will consider using this Goody toy: http://www.goody.com/Products/Hair%20Accessories/Simple%20Styles%20Bun%20Spiral, It's like a spin pin, but on a much grander scale. :yep:

sunnieb

koolkittychick thanks for posting that link. I have one of those bun spirals, but I couldn't remember what it was called. Now I can look up the vids on YT and see if I can work it.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

bebezazueta

Here ya go Babygrowth

Moisturized with Scurl & sealed with JBCO on cowashed/airdried hair.

Attachments

• image-3029208814.jpg
    image-3029208814.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 209
  • image-3793441196.jpg
    image-3793441196.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 204