Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
I don't understand why a website would advertise a certain product as being in stock then when I call them 9 days later to find out why my order hasn't shipped yet, I get "Well we're waiting for that color to come in, we should have it by Monday." Monday will be 12 days after I placed my order. :angry2:

And that's just for the ship date! Then I still have to wait for it to get here. From now on, if samsbeauty doesn't have the wig I want, I'm just not getting it.

Last edited:

von rose

Garlic+onion mask is a win. Shedding down 30 - 50% after one treatment and barely any of it lingered (though true test will be if SO can smell it all). Combined with olaplex its a definite win. However, still lost a ping pong ball of hair so its still problematic (I think; i'm MBL so maybe its not too too bad?:pray:).

What wasn't a win was APB UCS :cry3:Loved that stuff and my hair suddenly hates it. So back to the drawing board to find a new moisturizing DC

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I washed my hair twice this week and I like the way it feels. With temperatures well above the 90s, I have to keep my scalp clean and fresh.

I will rinse it red, wash and do a keratin treatment Tuesday. Hopefully I am done before people start showing up to the party.

Usually frizz bothers me, but my hair has puffed up into something wonderful. I barely recognize my hair today. It's soft, textured and looks thickish.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I didn't want to start a new thread but I just came across a tickler that said that utuber meechymonroe passed away at age 32. I believe she had a rare form of brain cancer. Was this posted?

Last edited:

Bad&Bougee

@Nightingale Awww thanks Sis! I appreciate that!

Just like you, my scalp was acting weird putting oils directly on it but the way I went around it was oil rinses. After washing & conditioning...just putting the oil on the hair and scalp them rinsing away that top greasy layer. You will still have a small amount left behind but not so much to be aggravate the scalp or leave the hair greasy.

Same here for the scalp/oil thing and I hate it because there are some really great oils that are fantastic for healthy hair and scalp. One that I recently began using that hasn't irritated my scalp but completely improved the health of my hair after one use is Neem oil.

Yes, Neem oil smells like 8 month old garabge with a skunk on top, possum juice and coffee grounds but honey, when I rinsed out the conditioner and roller set my hair I did not lose ONE strand of hair. My scalp was wonderful and my hair was strong and shiny.

Grant it, it stunk so bad that I didn't get any sleep with the homemade Neem prewash treatment that I did but this is my 2nd week doing it and I'm over the smell.

Prewash: dry hair (per weak area in hair) - 6 drops Neem oil, 4 drops tamanu oil, 4 drops carrot seed oil, 5 drops sea buckthorn oil and 6 drops lavender oil. I messaged mixture into areas of concern, crown, hairline, back of head, put on a baggie, tied with old scarf and went to bed. In the AM, wet hair, mixed 4 drops of Neem oil and natural shampoo in my hand and lathered hair. Let sit for 10 minutes. Repeat. Wash once more with just shampoo to remove smell. Towel dry hair. Conditioned with Queen Helene Cholesterol with argan oil and same mixture of prewash oils plus avacado oil. Sat under dryer for 30 minutes. Cooked and ate breakfast. Took off plastic cap and put a little Nairobi Humecta Sil on conditioner laden hair and rinsed all.

Normal routine and products for roller set. Hair and scalp were superb!!! I can just imagine my hair regrowth if I continue this routine each week. Yep, Neem oil stinks like nobodies business but I can suffer through the stinch.

FYI - I couldn't sleep and my husband slept on the couch the 1st time I used it. Probably not so much from the smell of my prewash treatment but because I also put it on my recently pierced navel, face and neck. Neem oil is good on everyhing. No adverse reaction on skin and was advised by piercer to use on piercing to decrease healing time and reduce the risk of infection and swelling. She was right!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I don't think I can stretch my relaxer as long as I'm doing. My hair is breaking off because my new growth is too strong :cry3::lachen:

Do you have a set frequency for when you re-relax or touch up your hair, or do you just do it whenever you feel? I was never an at-home hair relaxer, so I don't know how that works! I used to go into the salon every 10 weeks or so, about 5 times a year, and keeping to a schedule kept everything simple. I just tried to manipulate my hair very little that last week or so. :smile:

I had a friend with VERY LONG, gorgeous, THICK hair who only went in 3 or 4 times a year for a relaxer. I don't think I could have swung that without experiencing breakage, but she definitely kept to a simple, scheduled frequency. Is your hair so finicky that a simple schedule won't do?

Evolving78

I don't think I can stretch my relaxer as long as I'm doing. My hair is breaking off because my new growth is too strong :cry3::lachen:
How many weeks are you?
What brand do you use again?
I have new growth now and I believe I'm only 3 weeks. I'm going to relax the end of August.
i may try that Keracare stuff for straightening, if I need to, but I really need a better flat iron.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
How many weeks are you?
What brand do you use again?
I have new growth now and I believe I'm only 3 weeks. I'm going to relax the end of August.
i may try that Keracare stuff for straightening, if I need to, but I really need a better flat iron.
I was supposed to relax in March. I never got around to it. I'm sure it's been quite a few months :lachen:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Do you have a set frequency for when you re-relax or touch up your hair, or do you just do it whenever you feel? I was never an at-home hair relaxer, so I don't know how that works! I used to go into the salon every 10 weeks or so, about 5 times a year, and keeping to a schedule kept everything simple. I just tried to manipulate my hair very little that last week or so. :smile:

I had a friend with VERY LONG, gorgeous, THICK hair who only went in 3 or 4 times a year for a relaxer. I don't think I could have swung that without experiencing breakage, but she definitely kept to a simple, scheduled frequency. Is your hair so finicky that a simple schedule won't do?
I was supposed to relax in March but never got around to it. I don't call my hair Sybil for no reason. My hair is a diva :lachen:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
DH leaned in like he was about to give me the sweetest kiss. And he does! But then he removes my puff elastic (shocks me!!!), starts separating my hair, and says, "Definitely dry back here. Not silky like usual. You should do a wash-and-go at least."

He does this because he knows I'm not feeling "hair" right now.

So, yeah, I'm under the steamer pre-pooing, about to scalp and strands cleanse, but I didn't want to get started. Exhale.

At least this Soultanicals ayuverdic shampoo bar from Hattache' has amazing ingredients. I'll see how much slip it provides.

Evolving78

DH leaned in like he was about to give me the sweetest kiss. And he does! But then he removes my puff elastic (shocks me!!!), starts separating my hair, and says, "Definitely dry back here. Not silky like usual. You should do a wash-and-go at least."

He does this because he knows I'm not feeling "hair" right now.

So, yeah, I'm under the steamer pre-pooing, about to scalp and strands cleanse, but I didn't want to get started. Exhale.

At least this Soultanicals ayuverdic shampoo bar from Hattache' has amazing ingredients. I'll see how much slip it provides.
:lachen: :lachen: that's so funny and sweet!