~~~Relaxed Bunning Thread~~~

questionable

Do you ladies find bunning to be addictive? I've been bunning now for the past 2-3 years and I can't seem to stop. I find that I'm getting a little paranoid to wear my hair out. I guess I'm taking this protective styling thing a little to seriously.

I wash, condition and rollerset on a weekly basis and as soon as I take my rollers out...up in a bun my hair goes.

I would like to know if this has or is happening with anyone else?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Do you ladies find bunning to be addictive? I've been bunning now for the past 2-3 years and I can't seem to stop. I find that I'm getting a little paranoid to wear my hair out. I guess I'm taking this protective styling thing a little to seriously. I wash, condition and rollerset on a weekly basis and as soon as I take my rollers out...up in a bun my hair goes. I would like to know if this has or is happening with anyone else?

I don't find it addictive, just a quick reliable style. I haven't been roller setting since DS was born but for the last 3.5 years I've been rollersetting and bunning. I don't get paranoid of wearing my hair out becuse I just don't want to. My hair has been thriving without wearing it out in general so I don't worry.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
questionable, I find protective styling addictive. I like to vary my styles, but yeah, my hair rarely gets hang time. If it does, it's very short lived. I'm not paranoid, it just gets in the way and annoys me.

questionable

Bunning is quick and reliable..it has now become my go-to hairstyle. It's almost as if I forgot how to style my hair. I don't like to feel my hair against my skin, especially when it's hot. I have to agree with divachyk about hair getting in the way and being annoying. I feel the same way.

I think the people around me are getting a little tired of my bunning as well..I'm starting to hear the same question from everyone about why I won't wear my hair out...sighs deeply..what's a girl to do.....

shasha8685

questionable, I find protective styling addictive. I like to vary my styles, but yeah, my hair rarely gets hang time. If it does, it's very short lived. I'm not paranoid, it just gets in the way and annoys me.

I'm the same way. My hair may be out for a day...and it starts getting all in the way. It annoys me so I pin it up lol

sunnieb

Wet bun fail today. Dc'd late last night and didn't bother to airdry. I just put in 2 twists added my scarf on top and went to sleep.

It's Monday and it's raining here. I don't even care that part of my scrunchie is showing. I don't have any face to face client meetings today, so I'm good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140915_084132.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140915_084132.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 65
  • ForumRunner_20140915_084152.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140915_084152.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 64

divachyk

GettingKinky sunnieb, thank you ladies.

Sunnieb, yes girl I love my silk scrunchies. Thanks to LHCF, I purchased these several years ago when they were trending. I kinda have moved away from the cut up stockings. I still use them from time to time when I need a tighter, firmer hold.

sunnieb

Cowashed last night, so I was working with slightly damp hair, but I was able to conceal most of the scrunchie today.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140918_090515.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140918_090515.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 73

divachyk

Attachments

• 2 Strand Twist.jpg
    2 Strand Twist.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Two Strand Twist relaxedthairapy.com.jpg
    Two Strand Twist relaxedthairapy.com.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 103
  • Wash Day Two Strand Twists relaxedthairapy.com.jpg
    Wash Day Two Strand Twists relaxedthairapy.com.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 139

Lilmama1011

I will have to learn to do a bun without a ponytail holder. I can tell early on it will damage my hair. I finally did a bun and split it into too and wrapped it around and I felt it was tugging at my back edges and it wasn't tight. I have long edges, but not long enough to add up with majority of my hair. Most people I see have short edges so don't have to struggle to put it in a ponytail, just lay it down with gel or pomade and brush it in and go

divachyk

Hold the base of the pony with a few fingers from one hand and use the other hand to twirl the length around the base. Gently remove your fingers from around the base while holding the hair in position with the twirling hand. Pin hair down. Use a cut up satin scarf as a headband for nape hair control if you don't wanna use gel or styling prods. Lilmama1011.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I will have to learn to do a bun without a ponytail holder. I can tell early on it will damage my hair. I finally did a bun and split it into too and wrapped it around and I felt it was tugging at my back edges and it wasn't tight. I have long edges, but not long enough to add up with majority of my hair. Most people I see have short edges so don't have to struggle to put it in a ponytail, just lay it down with gel or pomade and brush it in and go

I used to do my buns like this but it got harder when my hair got longer.

sunnieb

My first attempt at doing @divachyk's french twist. I like this look. My bun looks messy and loose, but it's surprisingly secure.

ETA: Pics not posting....will keep trying

Last edited:

sunnieb

Uploaded online so let's see if this works:

Clips:

Clipped half hair up:

Roll up hair and pin:

sunnieb

Went back to the Southern Tease bun for today. I didn't even put a net over it. I just left it messy.

ForumRunner_20141120_201911.jpg

sunnieb

Back to my basic bun. Might rock this for the rest of the week.