Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

krissyhair

bronzephoenix
Fauxshim
krissyhair

Are you still interested in joining? No pressure I just want to make sure I get everyone.

also Fauxshim why did you delete your post? I was going to respond. I think if we seal our hair with butters and oils we can survive the harsh winter. In fact I am going to buy a sealing leave in conditioner and see if i can make a 2 products job with one product.

I'll join. I wear mostly wash and gos anyway.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I have a class in a few hours. Going to cowash with Garnier Fructis Tripple Nutrition conditioner, not sure what leave-in I'll use (if any), and apply my gels.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Im currently rocking 3rd day hair in a low puff. It seems like my wash n go lasts a few days when it dries fully, even at the roots. Now the issue is how am I gonna make that happen on a regular basis? Hopefully this wasnt just a fluke.

Last edited:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I was running super late today. Quick cowash with herbal essences the sleeker the butter condish. I just split my hair in halves and applied condish to each half and clipped it up while I showered. No time to detangle, so I ran my fingers thru my hair a few times at the end of my shower and rinsed. My hair was really soft. I used garnier leave-in and put in a wet bun. Sorry for any typos I'm on my phone

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Hey ladies I tried something different. I styled my hair last night instead of this morning. I used aloe vera gel on damp hair. Then went to bed. When I showered this morning I avoided getting my hair wet. I took my bonnet off fluffed it a bit and added more gel to a few spots. I think it came out ok. I'm not entirely thrilled with it. I feel it's a little smooshed. I may try it again in the future but for now I think I prefer to do it in the morning. I will probably try it again once it gets cold and I don't want to go out with wet hair.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• image-4238327890.jpg
    image-4238327890.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 123
  • image-4153845319.jpg
    image-4153845319.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image-4150091640.jpg
    image-4150091640.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 125
  • image-2336819689.jpg
    image-2336819689.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 124

krissyhair

My wash and go yesterday lasted so good overnight that I didn't do anything to my hair at all this morning (besides look at it). My curls are care free.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I tried the roll n tuck method in order to preserve my wash n go. It actually worked pretty nicely. I think the key is to have hair that is completely dry in order to keep the curls overnight. I was able to stretch my wash n go for 4 days:grin:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I tried the roll n tuck method in order to preserve my wash n go. It actually worked pretty nicely. I think the key is to have hair that is completely dry in order to keep the curls overnight. I was able to stretch my wash n go for 4 days:grin:
I will have to find some videos of this and try it.

beauti

I wash and go once a week. If it didn't turn out to my liking or frizzes by day two, I wear it in an updo for rest of week.

I don't really have a regimen because my products aren't always the same but my method is. I either leave conditioner in my hair as a styler or rinse it out completely and use an actual styler. I then put 4 bantu knots in my hair to help stretch it out. Out the shower after I get dressed I apply my gels to damp hair then a little oil over it.

I use eco styler gel olive oil and waves and curls gel. My stylers for now are curl enhancing smoothie or cantu coconut curling cream.

These pictures are day 4 wash and go that I didn't care for so they've been in an updo since day 2... I'm actually gonna dc my hair tonight because I didn't do it last week

Attachments

• 2014-10-02 08.45.12.jpg
    2014-10-02 08.45.12.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 2014-10-02 08.44.26.jpg
    2014-10-02 08.44.26.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 213

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Does anyone else use a denman brush? I've been using one regularly since I been fully natural August 2nd. I'm getting paranoid that I may be causing unseen damage by using it. Only because I've been reading some peoples experiences using it and it's making me nervous. I definitely do not want to have a setback. I only use it when I've fully detangled. I don't think I'm losing an excessive amount of hair when I use it (maybe 25 hairs if that). I plan on getting my hair straightened for the first time since I cut it on my next salon visit. So I'm thinking that is when I will be able to determine if I've done any damage. What are you all using to distribute your products throughout your hair? This morning I tried just using my hands and I didn't like it so then I tried my shower comb and didn't like that either so I just ended up using my denman brush anyway. Sorry for the long post I'm just feeling nervous and a little frustrated. I'm loving my natural journey so far and really haven't had any issues but in the back of my mind I'm thinking there going to be a problem.

myfaithrising

Went out yesterday morning with a damp head and I thought my teeth were going to start chattering. I have got to start planning for this NYC winter wash and go

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Shampoo'd today! I used all garnier fructis products...my hair really seems to like them. I'll need to get more leave in soon.

wash and go with yellow Eco Styler and Worlds of Curls

Attachments

• IMAG1487.jpg
    IMAG1487.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMAG1502.jpg
    IMAG1502.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMAG1495.jpg
    IMAG1495.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 186

Joigirl

Does anyone else use a denman brush? I've been using one regularly since I been fully natural August 2nd. I'm getting paranoid that I may be causing unseen damage by using it. Only because I've been reading some peoples experiences using it and it's making me nervous. I definitely do not want to have a setback. I only use it when I've fully detangled. I don't think I'm losing an excessive amount of hair when I use it (maybe 25 hairs if that). I plan on getting my hair straightened for the first time since I cut it on my next salon visit. So I'm thinking that is when I will be able to determine if I've done any damage. What are you all using to distribute your products throughout your hair? This morning I tried just using my hands and I didn't like it so then I tried my shower comb and didn't like that either so I just ended up using my denman brush anyway. Sorry for the long post I'm just feeling nervous and a little frustrated. I'm loving my natural journey so far and really haven't had any issues but in the back of my mind I'm thinking there going to be a problem.

I only use mine occasionally. I don't want to damage my hair. I will use it to detangle about once every two or three months. I use my fingers most of the time.

krissyhair

Went out yesterday morning with a damp head and I thought my teeth were going to start chattering. I have got to start planning for this NYC winter wash and go

It's probably going to have to be a nighttime thing, or a weekend thing that you make last into the week.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
For those concerned about going out with wet hair you may want to try wetting at night. That's what I've been experimenting with this week. It has worked out pretty well. When I get up in morning I just put styling products on brush them though my hair and go. When I leave out my hair is damp and dries in half the time.

bronzephoenix

Here goes!

•Regimen
Currently, I finger detangle under running water & cowash 1-2x weekly with Everyday Shea Vanilla mint conditioner. It also doubles as my styling base so I leave it in :)

Coat wet hair with generous amounts of EVOO & FSG (in that order).

Fluff after air drying 100% which usually takes an entire day...

At night I oil my scalp with a blend of my favorite oils & cover with a satin bonnet.

Mornings, I let the shower steam hit & add a bit of moisturizer/oil to refresh. Fluff and repeat!

My goal during this challenge is to have my twa's wng last for an entire week so I'm not enduring the cold weather with wet hair... I may look into a hooded dryer as well.

•New products,styles and techniques that you are using

My newest product addition is a Fenugreek Masque which I'll be using bi-weekly. I love it because it seems to cleanse, strengthen & moisturize all at once. Not to mention the detangling slip is RIDICULOUS. It's also helped quite a bit with my itchy scalp.

Technique-wise, I'll probably play around with light banding overnight to stretch hair as the week goes by. I think this will help prolong my efforts since I won't be dealing with lack of definition AND shrinkage simultaneously.

I also really love the GHE for retaining moisture while sleeping.

•Starting pics!

Freshly cowashed.

image-72877337.jpg

Fully dry & fluffed at day 4 :)

image-3599938499.jpg

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody

I did a wash n go with Novex 15 in one treatment. My hair came out great! I like that it dried quicker than the herbal essences i usex to love. I may need the thicker treatmnt for the cold weather and save the lighter stuff for next summer.

Last edited:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I did a wash n go with Novex 15 in one treatment. My hair came out great! I like that it dried quicker than the herbal essences i usex to love. I may need the thicker treatmnt for the cold weather and save the lighter stuff for next summer.

Your hair came out great. Very pretty results. I looove your hair :3

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I did a wash n go with Eco Styler this morning. It's mainly soft, but not much definition or hang time, which is surprising (my hair is SL on the sides). I think I get more hang and definition with KCCC or the old formula of UFD Curly Magic.

ForumRunner_20141004_211347.jpg

ETA: I'm not sure why the picture is sideways.

Last edited:

krissyhair

I wore a wash and go yesterday. Today I twisted it dry with some oil. Hopefully I don't get the urge to play in my hair this week too much.

bronzephoenix

Since I'm already in the wng challenge, I decided to take the plunge into MHM. So far, I'm really impressed. I can see this method really helping my fall/winter wng life!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF