Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

lamaria211

i have been feel so defeated these last few days about my hair. i really hope i have a good wash experience to motivate me to go on. i was thinking about just cutting my hair off and starting over, but i am going to see it through. a whole chunk of my hair is just a mess. i'm sitting here with conditioner in my hair now. the new growth isn't the problem. it's the relaxed ends! they are so fragile!

That's my problem as well. The more I cut the easier it gets. I might be BCing sooner than I thought

GettingKinky

I'm 16 weeks post today. This is my normal touchup time. But I've stretched 18 or 19 weeks before though so this isn't quite uncharted territory.

I'm getting color and flat iron today. Maybe a 1 inch trim, my ends are super tangly.

sweetpea7

Congrats! Anything significant about waiting 5 more months?
I'm in my senior yr of undergrad and in exactly 5 months I'll be on spring break so I said what the heck, ill have a week to adjust to short hair :spinning:

Pics of my curl pattern from today. I can't wait to do the hmm I have so much frizz

Attachments

• image-3459730120.jpg
    image-3459730120.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 72
  • image-827899733.jpg
    image-827899733.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2747609634.jpg
    image-2747609634.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image-4166417260.jpg
    image-4166417260.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

GettingKinky

I think I'm going to transition for 2.5 years. I survived for that long transitioning to texlax so I think I can make it that long again. So hopefully in Dec 2016 I'll have fully natural MBL hair

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
i have been feel so defeated these last few days about my hair. i really hope i have a good wash experience to motivate me to go on. i was thinking about just cutting my hair off and starting over, but i am going to see it through. a whole chunk of my hair is just a mess. i'm sitting here with conditioner in my hair now. the new growth isn't the problem. it's the relaxed ends! they are so fragile!

shortdub78 girl please don't get discouraged. Do you finger detangle prior to wash day? I have extremely fine and kinky hair and I'm learning to put the comb down and FD more often on and use a comb only once per week during my main wash day. I have found that sectioning my hair in 3-4 sections and using my oil mix and FD helps a lot. My hair, especially the back of my head cannot go a whole week without getting tangled. I take my time and then CW and restyle all with my hands.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm 16 weeks post today. This is my normal touchup time. But I've stretched 18 or 19 weeks before though so this isn't quite uncharted territory.

I'm getting color and flat iron today. Maybe a 1 inch trim, my ends are super tangly.

I cut about 4" off the day I decided to transition. My ends are smooth and tangle free, getting rid of those bone straight ends really is helping me while I figure this all out and not lose my mind. The front and middle of my hair is so very healthy while the back is a mess.

PlainJane

10 months post! I can't believe I've made it this far without a sew in.
I'm officially staying away from heat because even after my recent trim, I still feel I need to trim more.
Oh yeah, and grease is my friend and really helps with stretching my hair.

Evolving78

shortdub78 girl please don't get discouraged. Do you finger detangle prior to wash day? I have extremely fine and kinky hair and I'm learning to put the comb down and FD more often on and use a comb only once per week during my main wash day. I have found that sectioning my hair in 3-4 sections and using my oil mix and FD helps a lot. My hair, especially the back of my head cannot go a whole week without getting tangled. I take my time and then CW and restyle all with my hands.

yes, i finger detangle with oil on wash day. my issue was the color i used. it was a box color and it caused a reaction. my hair broke off in crown area and i believe i got a tiny bald spot. not using the comb caused me a major setback when i was shedding like a dog! but i totally agree with finger detangling first! plus, mane and tail is the truth! i can detangle with no problems using that! that conditioner really gave me life! i'm totally switching to dominican products. i bought some more stuff for myself and my dd. i can't wait to do her hair tonight! hopefully if can, i will take some pics of her hair. ii'm rocking my wig right now. i wear a satin wave cap under it.

i think somebody decided to hit up the beauty supply store i went to, since the silicon mix is completely gone now...that was just a couple of days ago... who did it? :look:

PlainJane

Currently looking up natural hair styles on Pinterest...
Even though I'm transitioning, I really don't like 80% of the natural hairstyles I see lol.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
yes, i finger detangle with oil on wash day. my issue was the color i used. it was a box color and it caused a reaction. my hair broke off in crown area and i believe i got a tiny bald spot. not using the comb caused me a major setback when i was shedding like a dog! but i totally agree with finger detangling first! plus, mane and tail is the truth! i can detangle with no problems using that! that conditioner really gave me life! i'm totally switching to dominican products. i bought some more stuff for myself and my dd. i can't wait to do her hair tonight! hopefully if can, i will take some pics of her hair. ii'm rocking my wig right now. i wear a satin wave cap under it.

i think somebody decided to hit up the beauty supply store i went to, since the silicon mix is completely gone now...that was just a couple of days ago... who did it? :look:

shortdub78 I need to get some of that m&t conditioner, I've read great reviews on it! What beauty supply do you get the silicon mix at? When its back in stock can you please let me know?

I experienced a set back too which is why I decided to transition. I cut several inches off early this year or late last year because I had breakage in the back center of my head. Thought I was back on track and then saw that it had gotten worse over time. My stylist didn't tell me I had a 3" section of hair only 3-4" long. I'm so tired of stylist and I refuse to relax it myself.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your daughter's hair!

Evolving78

shortdub78 I need to get some of that m&t conditioner, I've read great reviews on it! What beauty supply do you get the silicon mix at? When its back in stock can you please let me know? I experienced a set back too which is why I decided to transition. I cut several inches off early this year or late last year because I had breakage in the back center of my head. Thought I was back on track and then saw that it had gotten worse over time. My stylist didn't tell me I had a 3" section of hair only 3-4" long. I'm so tired of stylist and I refuse to relax it myself. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your daughter's hair! Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
they had a big tub of it for $22. All of the smaller jars were gone. I will let u know. I will check another store and see if they carry it. That conditioner gave me the best slip ever!i had a hairgasm. That's what my issue is too and I'm going to do the same thing.

SuchaLady

Currently looking up natural hair styles on Pinterest... Even though I'm transitioning, I really don't like 80% of the natural hairstyles I see lol.

Me either. If I complete this transition my hair is going to be straight or in a bun. I've never seen a natural hairstyle that I would wear. Cute on other people? Absolutely. Me? No.

H0tPinkButtafly

Why are you thinking about texlaxing? I'm constantly questioning going natural and wondering if I should just keep texlaxing.

Because I was natural before for a year and I always kept my hair in a bun or some kind of protective style or flat ironed. I didn't do wash and goes and other styles until after I texlaxed. I tried them by they never looked how I wanted them to until I texlax. I like my natural hair... but the again I like my texlax. I want to be able to enjoy my hair and length. idk I'll see

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
they had a big tub of it for $22. All of the smaller jars were gone. I will let u know. I will check another store and see if they carry it. That conditioner gave me the best slip ever!i had a hairgasm. That's what my issue is too and I'm going to do the same thing.

OK, thanks.

PlainJane

This is why I'm going natural. Big and fluffy stretched styles!

Attachments

• image-729286558.jpg
    image-729286558.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 119
  • image-1921855647.jpg
    image-1921855647.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 120

Britt

Currently looking up natural hair styles on Pinterest...
Even though I'm transitioning, I really don't like 80% of the natural hairstyles I see lol.

I felt the same exact way when I decided to go natural, and I still do :lol: . I just got my hair flat ironed on Sat and I'm glad I went natural. I actually prefer how my hair looks on me when it's bigger and curly. I think I look better with my natural hair. You don't know how you'll look when you style your natural hair, you just might like it. You never know.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
EnExitStageLeft, I never could get my hair to do quite like yours and the tutorial. The band of the wig was showing and the tail of my twists were noticeably different (straighter) than the wig's texture (wavy).