What Are Some Stupid Things You Did With Your Hair Before LHCF?

basketballbabe03

I would put super relaxer in my hair for 45 mins plus. :lachen:

I would grease my hair everyday and use sponge rollers (then wonder why my hair was so dry and frizzy after a while)

At the times I was natural my hair grew out much better with the grease treatment, but then I would eventually go back to the super relaxer.

I went through a phase where I used the curling iron everyday, with layers of grease on top. :barf:

I would use any old pantene shampoo and conditioner about once a month.

I never deep conditioned.

I would wear cotton scarves every night.
One time I put so much pink oil in my hair my hair looked kinda pink :lachen:

Then slowly I started to improve... thank God!

I used to use the sponge rollers! My ends were always dry and chew up. :nono:

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I would use the curing iron several times a day - no heat protectant, nothing!!! Then I would repeat this seven days a week.

pinkchocolatedaisy

It's amazing I still have hair after all the things I've done to it in the past... Once I colored my hair with one of those highlighting kits- when I was relaxed. I totally hated it- it was orangey and brassy- I went down to right aid and slapped on another color the SAME day!!! :blush:

I have overprocessed my hair while relaxing but thought I was doing it right. I would put the relaxer in ALL my hair, b/c I thought that since the ends were frizzy, they needed to be relaxed too. I would blow dry and flat iron the same day w/o using a heat protectant. I HARDLY ever used one. I would only wash once a week. I had a phase when I'd cowash like a couple days week. But I'd only DC on a whim (which would be like every couple of months). I ;used grease, pink lotion, any "black" hair care product or those promising to grow my hair all the while abusing it. I would get a trim reliously every 4-6 wks, thinking it would help my hair grow..

vlucious

i dyed my hair with koolaid and peroxide (it was cute! i swear :lachen:)
i was so frustrated with my hair cause it was so "nappy" i would grease my scalp and hair with some ampro pressing grease and i burnt like 2 inches of my hair cause i was using the comb on the stove, and it was too hot.

then i relaxed... and then it was over!! my hair was bad.

shermeezy

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
I never added moisture or oil before LHCF. My hair was so so dry! I also used a hard brush and heat on my extremely dry hair. Once I learned about moisture and sealing, my trims became less frequent and I've retained most of my length.