To Stimulate Hair Growth Mix Olive Oil and Cayenne Pepper!

esoterica

Maybe you guys should just try cayenne tincture. It's a lot less work since it's already in liquid form. And its highly concentrated. Hell, i might have to get some myself... after i run out of Surge tho :look:

California

championgurl said:
O.K. I know this is soooooo off topic, but I just had t ask :lol:......
What does this mean: 4a/3c/S/O/iii?
I understand the "4a", and the "3c", but I keep seeing this "iii" and "S/O" and no clue what the heck it stands for......
Can someone help me out please? :huh:

Girl I forgot :lol: but now let me look into it. Okay, iii means extra thick and S/O means something I tried finding it but can't. I think its like the S means a S curl pattern and the O means something.

candie19 said:
Ladies, it's still working for me!! I'm getting 1 inch a month. Since June 4, I've been doing daily conditioner washes and using the cayenne pepper and oil daily. It is worth it and it has cost nothing. I thought about MTG but if it's not broke don't fix it. My last retouch was April 28. I took lots of pictures to post but my hubby accidentaly erased to take picures of a wedding I was in. My next touch up will be Aug. 1. I'll take pictures and add them to my album.

I would suggest this to anyone that can bear it.

Girl you are doing Fantastic!!! Wow!!! So, hey I'm jumping on it Today!! I'll keep yall posted too. Keep doing it girl!!!!

Tru_Mind

California said:
I'm joining you on this one. I've been putting it off since I first read this thread and I pulled out my Cayenne yesterday, meaning to utilize it in my head. Most likely I'm a do it Sunday. Let us know how it goes tru.

Hi California!

I sure will let everyone know...and you do the same. I will be posting. :lol: Yesterday, I pulled out cayenne pepper too.

-tru

Tru_Mind

Wheewwww! [size=+3]HOT![/size]
I was impatient so I did it a few minutes ago. However, I did not use olive oil, because I don't have any. I used Alma Hair Oil(because I have a FULL bottle of it) and I didn't mixed the two together. Instead, I put the Amla in first then I parted my hair and sprinkled it on each part and rubbed it in and covered my head with a plasic cap and scarf. It's hot all over.........SMOKING!

Anyway, did I say that I was going sleep with it and wash it out in the morning...chiiiiillld please...not even! I ain't that bad!

Ok..............I forgot what I was going to say.............oh this takes practice maybe in a couple of months I can sleep with it on, but not today.

-tru

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Tru, I have to try your idea on my hair tomorrow. Since I don't have EVOO, I'll be using coconut and soybean oil mixed with a teaspoon of cayenne as a pre-poo treatment before my weekly COW-C routine. I'll let you know if this works on my head until then. Keep posted.

BC

California

Dolapo said:
er....God im really late to this thread. can i use the fresh pepper? cos i have lots of that

I don't know to be honest :confused: maybe if you juice them, or boil them down in a little water in a saucepan, thats after you chop them, then and mix into some EVOO or some kind of oil. But, now its just a thought. Goodluck.

tru_mind said:
Hi California!

I sure will let everyone know...and you do the same. I will be posting. :lol: Yesterday, I pulled out cayenne pepper too.

-tru

Hey Tru, Giiiiirl your scalp is burning!! :( Dang that's messed up!!! I have it in my head right now. I Co-Washed it then put my mixture in a nozzled bottle of lots of Cayenne and EVOO. But, I got a tough head so maybe I ain't feeling it, I feel theres something but nothing noticable. I hate to see you feeling like that. But yeah otherwise girl I wanna see some growth. I will continue to do this, and if you feel up to it, cut back on the pepper, I wanna see you do this too with some of us, cause Tru you the one that put us up on it. :(

Shatani

tru_mind said:
I was impatient so I did it a few minutes ago. However, I did not use olive oil, because I don't have any. I used Alma Hair Oil(because I have a FULL bottle of it) and I didn't mixed the two together. Instead, I put the Amla in first then I parted my hair and sprinkled it on each part and rubbed it in and covered my head with a plasic cap and scarf. It's hot all over.........SMOKING!

Anyway, did I say that I was going sleep with it and wash it out in the morning...chiiiiillld please...not even! I ain't that bad!

Ok..............I forgot what I was going to say.............oh this takes practice maybe in a couple of months I can sleep with it on, but not today.

-tru
dang! maybe my scalp is just thick, it didnt burn at all when i did it the first time! except when i accidentally touched my eye. :look: :eek: :lol:

oglorious1

Mixologist
Okay, for those who are trying to get that burning feeling, try a plastic cap, it works for me, it ain't that hot...what I did is mix some olive oil, 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, conditioner, and self heating oil(oil for hot oil treatment), mix it to a creamy consistency, voila', I shook some straight out of the bottle onto my scalp too, put on a plastic cap go do something, I took a shower than wash it out..and there goes your cayenne pepper treatment...HTH

Tru_Mind

Hi ladies!

I will definitely do it each time I wash. Seems like for me after 3+ hours the heat stops, so I will keep it on until the heat stops...or until the throbbing goes away(with was after 3+ hour for me). Next time if it takes longer that 3+ hours than I will leave it longer. I can't go outside with it like I though I could, because the orange dandruff ain't cool. :lol:

That was a great exprience...never felt anything like it! My whole head was stimulated. I could feel heat waves...moving...if that makes sense. I left it on for 3 1/2 hours before I decided to wash it out.

This was a unique experience. Wow, the heat calmed down after about an hour for about 10 mins., and then the heat came back for about 10 mins...then it calmed again. This happened over and over and at the 3rd hour I hardly felt anything, so I wanted sleep with it on. Buuuut...when I looked in the mirror I had trouble fitting the entire cap under the scarf...then I looked at my shirt and new that my pillow will be coved with the orange liquid like my shirt was (the pepper liquefies). I had to wash is out...but at that time it some was not hot. Make sure you put the water on the right temp...not too hot...use cool water...trust me!!!

After washing it out it felt like I had an intense scalp message. It's WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I will do this as much as I can.

I will continue to use Amla and cayenne the same way that I did..."If it ain't broke don't fix it." However, the only problem I had is because Amla is an oil I didn't need the eight drops of WGHO...so next time I will use less WGHO because my hair is oily now...or I might not have to use any WGHO at all. I will see.

...and those ladies that only feel tingling...WHAT! :lol: Tingling ain't even the word for it. It's like a hot oven. After about 40 mins it feels good though. :lol:

To the tingling heads you might want to cover it with a plastic cap...and see what happens. Tingling means it's not working...because tingling does not describe. Seabreeze on your scalp...now that's tingling. :lol:

PB! Don't heat it up girl...trust me you don't have to.:lol:

I know that I was complaining about how hot it was in my post, but at that time I still was planning on doing it as much as I can. All I was think at the time of my post was that I can't sleep with this mess on my head. :lol: Shoot...that mess was working! :lol: It's not likely that you can find something that does what it says it going to do...so I was sold. The heat does calm down after a while.

BTW...burning it not a word for it either...it hot like a heated oven! Nothing but heat on your head. Burning sounds scary!

Shatani, it flug into my eye when I was rinsing it out....NOW...THAT'S BURNING!:lol:
-tru

Last edited:

California

I Co-Washed today, and the hot water didn't bother me. I do notice a remarkable difference though, my hair strands are a straighter texture. I left my mixture in overnight. Again, I like it and will add some more in while its wet today, let it dry and just clip it up. By the way I will add in more Cayenne too, because I felt no heat.

Last edited:

California

I didn't feel any heat and I added in much more Cayenne. I taste tested it in my food and it was hot, just to make sure. I have on a plastic cap too, again no heat. Its doing something because again my hair strands texture is silky. I wonder if they will change? Or it could be my new regmine of Co-Washing daily?

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Update: Well, as of today, I did my cayenne/coconut/soybean oil concoction with great results. I spritzed my hair with water, applied the cayenne oil mixture to my hair, covered with a plastic shopping bag, and went about with preparing the rest of my dinner. I felt the heat throughout my head, as if it were sitting in a steam room. I left it on for an hour, and after fixing my family's plates, I went in the shower to rinse it out. After doing the C-O-W-C and protein deep conditioner, my hair felt soft and feels real good. My whole head never felt anything quite like this! I'm like, Wow!

I'm going to do this again on Wednesday, this time, I'll clarify first to really feel my scalp get stimulated from this mixture.

BTW, Tru, since you are the genius behind this, why not do a challenge to see if any of our ladies would be interested. I would like to try it for the heck of it. Hope you pass it along. Thanx.

BC

candie19

I think it would work better if you apply it to the scalp. The cayenne is supposed to stimulate the scalp which will create growth. I've never applied to my hair. I did one time and it was too messy for me. I put it on my scalp each morning after my conditioner wash and them wash it out the next morning.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
candie19 said:
I think it would work better if you apply it to the scalp. The cayenne is supposed to stimulate the scalp which will create growth. I've never applied to my hair. I did one time and it was too messy for me. I put it on my scalp each morning after my conditioner wash and them wash it out the next morning.

That's what I meant to say. I'll try it again Wednesday morning. Thanx, candie.

BC

Tru_Mind

BabyCurls said:
Update: Well, as of today, I did my cayenne/coconut/soybean oil concoction with great results. I spritzed my hair with water, applied the cayenne oil mixture to my hair, covered with a plastic shopping bag, and went about with preparing the rest of my dinner. I felt the heat throughout my head, as if it were sitting in a steam room. I left it on for an hour, and after fixing my family's plates, I went in the shower to rinse it out. After doing the C-O-W-C and protein deep conditioner, my hair felt soft and feels real good. My whole head never felt anything quite like this! I'm like, Wow!

I'm going to do this again on Wednesday, this time, I'll clarify first to really feel my scalp get stimulated from this mixture.

BTW, Tru, since you are the genius behind this, why not do a challenge to see if any of our ladies would be interested. I would like to try it for the heck of it. Hope you pass it along. Thanx.

BC

Yeah...good idea...but I want to wait until more ladies get the hang of it first.

-tru

Plenty

I just whipped up this concotion a short while ago. It took about 5 mins to tingle.

I also made another bottle to marinate for 10-14 days like a website suggested. I think you have to let the pepper marinate in the oil for best results.

candie19

Country gal said:
Has anyone's hair grown from this process?

My hair is growing consistently. I've been doing it since Feb of 2005. May and June I got 1 inch in a month. I am just being able to keep what I grow. I have a problem growing at one end and breaking off at the other-buts that's another story. But it really works. I have new growth for days and it's so inexpensive.

misspriss

I just bought the pepper and mixed it with olive oil. I'm going to let it marinate for a week or two until I take my braids out then try it. I'll make sure to post updates. I figure I'll do it as a pre-poo treatment 2x week for the rest of the summer depending on this "tingle" factor.

Tru_Mind

Ok…this is my third time doing this. This time I bought a hair dye bottle for Sally’s with the ounces on it. I use EVOO this time!:) I filled the bottle to 4 ounces with EVOO and put 4 tablespoons of cayenne in it. I shook it and let is sit for many hours(over 12 hours). The EVOO turned orange. I also shook it before I put it on my scalp…just in case. I also put EVOO on my ends.

Ladies, I figure out the problem that some of you are having. This time, I tried to just put the plastic cap on without a scarf…and nothing happened:mad:. A few minutes after I tied a scarf around the cap it began to work. So, the key is to get the air out of the cap. Use a scarf…or that towel thingy. :lol:

I still have over 3 ounces left in my bottle...so next time I will see if it's any better after sitting a week or so.

I don't know...but I just can't love Alma Oil...maybe it's the mineral oil in it...I don't know. This time eveything was much better and less messy.

-tru

Last edited:

California

I love it. It can be messy though. It turned my pillow orange. How do you deal with that? I put mines in overnight. I wonder if I will get the same effect if I do it just for a few hours then wash my hair? TIA

Tru_Mind

California said:
I love it. It can be messy though. It turned my pillow orange. How do you deal with that? I put mines in overnight. I wonder if I will get the same effect if I do it just for a few hours then wash my hair? TIA

Hi California!

I love it too. It's much better with EVOO...and it's not as hot like it was with Alma Oil, but it's still working. I want to sleep with mines too...but I keep thinking about my pillow. Even though I got nothing but one drop on my shirt this time...I now that my pillow will be organe too. I was a breeze this time!!

Oh...you know that towel thingy that they sell now...maybe that might work...it does cover the entire head...but does it stay on over night?:lol:

I don't know if you will get the same effect if you wash you hair a few hours later...try it.:) I going to try to sleep with it without turning my pillow organe...if it's possible.:lol:

I'm sooo late using EVOO...this is my first time. EVOO really conditions my hair and scalp. My crown area does not feel as tight anymore, so EVOO did something. I know that some of ya'll are saying duh:lol:...but I always thought that it would be greasy and hard to wash out. I hope that EVOO can fix my sore scalp (crown area). If I touch my crown area it's still sore in sections (the sections that have not healed yet). That's how I now that something is wrong with my scalp and it's continuing to cause my hair to break in my crown. It's so dry...even though I oil it. The good thing is that 3 quarter size random sections in my crown area have already changed/healed (whatever) there is no more soreness in those 3 crown area sections. So it's changing slowly but surely. Everywhere else but my crown went back to normal about 8 or more months after my last relaxer.

:lol: The cayenne pepper is a bonus…I’m loving the EVOO...or should I say that the EVOO is a bonus...ok they work great together!:lol:

Oh well...the Alma Oil goes back until I find something to use it for...again.

-tru

Last edited:

Shatani

when i wanted to sleep with mine i just threw on one of those flimsy little shower caps and then tie it with my scarf....nothin happened to my pillow....

California

:) Sounds good Tru!! Yeah the EVOO isn't as bad as it seems, as far as the heaviness goes with the Cayenne. Shanti that's a good suggestion. I did it with the plastic cap, but girl I felt like I was in the 80's :lol: like I had a Curl and I don't miss those days. But, I guess its the plastic cap routine for me. Oh well, the things we do for beauty. My boyfriend commented on how fast my hair is growing.