Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Last night and the night before: detangled hair with EVCO then re-twisted and cornrowed the twists to set for the night. I will return with what I am applying this evening.

ETA: Beamodel just reminded me to reintroduce my Sarenzo beads chocolate butter :grin:.

Last edited:

faithVA

Same routine, cleansed and sealed with hairveda shikakai. Will oil my scalp in the morning with nature's blessing. Will probably use up both of these this month.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Spritzed with CD Tui Spray, massaged scalp with hemp seed oil, then prepped for a braid out with EcoStyler.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Sitting here now with b.a.s.k. Beauty's Apple Sorghum Hair Pre-Rx.

Will probably also use my M/N Mega-Tek Mixture today and some Pure Pumpkin Seed Oil

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have all if them. I like the Ayurvedic creams the best along with the leave in sprays. Then the puddings. The body butter is nice too but I've had others I like more.

Beamodel

Thank you Ms. Lady!:grin:

I'm stuck on the Ayurvedic Crème and the Tonic and the Scalp Rx.

I haven't ventured out much from those.:drunk:

If/when I do a re-up, I will get some of the Puddings & the Leave-Ins.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Baggying a few hours with:

Darcy's Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning
Pure Pumpkin Seed Oil
Couple Spritz of LACE Ayurvedic Spritz

toaster

It's time to put my beloved Entwine Butter Cream away. I used it when I was rollersetting regularly to moisturize my hair without reverting it, and it worked wonderfully. Lately I've been setting my hair with twists and wearing a twist out bun during the week. Since I'm not worried about reversion, I can use a moisturizer without cones. Will head to Target tomorrow to see what's available.

faithVA

It's time to put my beloved Entwine Butter Cream away. I used it when I was rollersetting regularly to moisturize my hair without reverting it, and it worked wonderfully. Lately I've been setting my hair with twists and wearing a twist out bun during the week. Since I'm not worried about reversion, I can use a moisturizer without cones. Will head to Target tomorrow to see what's available.

Let us know what you find that works.

toaster

I will faithVA! I actually live in Austin, TX and I can order from CurlMart and go pick up from their office with no shipping costs. If I don't find anything on the ground I might go that route.

ronie

Moisturized with APB Ayurvedic cream in cookie dough. I find this works better without sealing. The first time I used it, I sealed with my Marie Dean Shea butter. My hair was crunchy and hard as a stick by day 2. Since no one took it from me on the exchange forum, trying to use it up different ways. So far so good.
My hair was dried out by the sauna heat the other day, And it did a good job at restoring softness to it all by itself.
I gotta remember to use a shower cap in the sauna.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Used APB Cookie Dough leave in Pudding sealed with matching butta.

Dced with Keravada oil.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Beamodel

Applied HH PLBM and used APB Ayurvedic Birthday Cake cream & Sarenzo Chocolate Butter on my ends

ETA: I added APB caramel crunch leave in pudding my my length. Talk about soft freakin hair...

Last edited:

nmartin20

Used almond glaze for my scalp, my oil mixture on length, Shescentit's Papaya Soufflé and their Juicy Buttercream as my styler.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
divachyk

Do you have both the Ayurvedic Creme and the Hair & Body Butter? (And the Puddings?)

If so, what differences do you see?

Hi IDareT'sHair, sorry I missed this message. I have the regular hair creme. It's not the ayervedic one. I also have the hair and body butta and the pudding. I haven't used the pudding yet. ETA: IIRC, I inquired how they differed and was told the pudding is heavier than the creme (I think). I will let you know my thoughts when I use the pudding.

faithVA

I put the Hairveda Shikakai in my mud and also sealed with it yesterday. I will be finished with this bottle this week. I won't repurchase. I have a 16 oz bottle of hazelnut oil to work through. Will need to see how that works.

I melted my nature's blessing grease and turned it up side down to get to the last of it. Not sure if I will repurchase it. I will decide in the fall. I like it but I think I like things that I can put in an applicator bottle.

gn1g

i purchased BarberShop Aid Alopecia Amazong Hair Growth grease
this over the weekend, i like it. It is tingly and has good ingredients. I wich it didn't have rosemary in it.