WIG CHALLENGE 2014

EnExitStageLeft

Renewed1

I have Outre Annie as well and styled her in a high messy bun Friday....IT WAS GORG!

Here is a picture, please excuse the rachettness I'm exuding. It was a coworkers Bday and things got a wee-bit real after a cocktail or 2 :lol:. This is the only one I have of me actually posing instead of dancing. Sorry if it isn't clear.

Outre Annie Bun.jpg

SuchaLady

This wig saids that its heat safe, but to be completely honest I have no idea if it can curl. If you're looking for a heat safe "curlable" good quality synthetic wig. Check out 21tress Ohama wig. Its similar to Annie as it is long and thick, but minus the Yaky Texture. I have their UBA Wig and plan to cut and curl it soon. This girl did it and it came out beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbief7p1jM

Renewed1

@enexitstageright that's cute! I was looking for something that I can put up in a french roll or low ponytail/bun.

Did you purchase online? If so, where?

Last edited:

gabulldawg

Here's a pic of the new wig. Don't mind my face. :lol: I am still not good at taking pics. I may tweak it a bit today.

Attachments

• image-4061503023.jpg
    image-4061503023.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 136
  • image-4174482416.jpg
    image-4174482416.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 130

Renewed1

I will say this. Wearing my wig today definitely changed my whole attitude.

Who knew hair was that important?

gabulldawg

Today I went and got my wig thinned a bit. I thought it was too bulky. Looks a lot better and less wiggy! I will plan to post pics tomorrow. DH and I are both off and will be having a date day. :yay: Since the wig is so long and luxurious I haven't decided if I will wear it to work regularly or not (didn't wear it today).

NGraceO

So, I co-washed my plaits yesterday, then moisturized and sealed, which is something I never do.

My hair was just feeling so unbelievably dry, and I couldn't imagine doing a full-out wash day for another week. Lets see how this will affect my moisture levels and detangling this weekend.

In other news, here is todays work bun:

Attachments

• image-2608300724.jpg
    image-2608300724.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

NGraceO

Very pretty NGraceO. Your wigs are so believable, I never know if it's a wig or your hair. Whatever you're rocking today is gorg.

Thanks honey bee!! This is my ride or die work wig: Classic lace wigs Italian yaki. My work hair is super boring, which I prefer. Can't have my middle schoolers asking too many questions. :lol: :look:

BonBon

Wore the big hair out for the first time a few days ago. Got a lot of compliments but it was huge. I've cut and thinned it now, but it may have gone too far. I don't know how to customise curly hair and I got impatient:look:. The back bit is still long lol.

Last edited:

xu93texas

Thanks honey bee!! This is my ride or die work wig: Classic lace wigs Italian yaki. My work hair is super boring, which I prefer. Can't have my middle schoolers asking too many questions. :lol: :look:

Simply gorgeous on you!.. I need to check out this wig!

GGsKin

I will try to post a pic of what is fast becoming my everyday wig. Its a full lace virgin Brazilian I ordered from AliExpress. Initially hoped that the curls would be tighter but it's grown on me

curls4daze

I have only had these cornrows in for 3 days and they itch in the back like crazy. Should I cowash? I just clarified on Friday.

Evolving78

People think I cut my hair! I think I will hide my hair until I reach my goal of BSL! That is a serious challenge too! But I would love to do a big bun drop reveal on FB! Lol yeah I know.

Renewed1

My WHITE manager was weave checking me. Mind you, I wasn't trying to pass the wig as my hair. I went from MBL to CL (bob haircut). Texlaxed (curly hair) to bone straight.

No secrets, it's obvious what I was doing with my hair.

So she kept looking at the top of my head to figure out if it was a weave or wig.

Mind you she has a big bald spot on top of her head that she tries to hide.

Then she finally says I really like the new look.

Clear women......

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
My WHITE manager was weave checking me. Mind you, I wasn't trying to pass the wig as my hair. I went from MBL to CL (bob haircut). Texlaxed (curly hair) to bone straight.

No secrets, it's obvious what I was doing with my hair.

So she kept looking at the top of my head to figure out if it was a weave or wig.

Mind you she has a big bald spot on top of her head that she tries to hide.

Then she finally says I really like the new look.

Clear women......

Wow she is extra petty.