Hide your Hair 2014

msbettyboop

Ordered my Marley braid hair. Charging ahead with self-installing and watching many videos in preparation. Babying my hair and edges in the meantime and plan to do it on 31 December. :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Barbie83

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: relaxed

Current Hair length: APL with horrible ends

Hair length goal: MBL

Products being used: for washing: Hair One/Organix shampoos. for conditioning: V05 Moisture Milks, Silk Elements Cholesterol. For moisturizing: mix of braid spray and grapeseed oil

Regimen: Wash once or twice a week, alternating between sulfate-free shampoo, Hair one, and regular co-washing. Moisture mist every day, oil scalp as needed. DC once a week under dryer.

Wig/Weaves/Braids: sew-in weave with leave-out. re-do every 3 months with a couple days between installs to perform a heavy protein treatment and take progress pictures

How long will you be in the challenge? all of 2014

Inspirational Pic:

Starting pic:

After a much-needed trim, i'd put myself between 3 and 4. My goal for the year is to get to the 8 :)

Last edited:

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Natural
Current Hair length: SL in middle and sides, chin length in front
Hair length goal: Healthy APL for now. I've made it to APL before but have yet to be able to maintain it and keep it healthy. Long term, BSL
Products being used: Salon Products
Regimen: Bi-weekly wash and DC. Oiling scalp 3-4times weekly and daily scalp massages. Hairfinity vitamins, multi vitamins, vegetarian diet and lots of eater
Wig/Weaves/Braids:Weaves and Braids
How long will you be in the challenge? 6 months min. (Dec-June)
If available, post Inspirational Pic

Pics below are starting pics and current weave install

ForumRunner_20131226_100951.jpg

ForumRunner_20131226_101013.jpg

I've always said my hair inspirations have always been @PinkSkates and @Pokahontas I hope they don't mind me using there photos.

Attachments

• pinkskates.jpg
    pinkskates.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Pocahontas.jpg
    Pocahontas.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 79
  • sj.jpg
    sj.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

MzOptimistic

I can put bunning in if you want. @brg240

Any bunners want to join?

DrC. Yessss, I will be bunning through out this whole challenge. HYH Challenges helped me get to my current length:yep: I asked to join but then I was wondering since I'm bunning will that be a problem. I wash my hair and bun while my hair is wet. I never pull to see the length until it's time to relax:yep:

Whit

I'm in, please add me. Here are my stats:

Natural
Current Hair Length: Between APL and Bra Strap
Hair Length Goal: For 2014, mid back length to waist length. My ultimate goal is hip length though ( pressed out).

Products used: Not a PJ here. I use argan oil and keep it clean :)

Regimen: I'm staying in a weave until I get married in October of this year :) Every two weeks I go to the salon and have my weave and leave out washed and pressed. I also take two supplements: Hairfinity and GNC beBeautiful chews. That's it.

I will be in the challenge the entire year with the exception of my wedding and honeymoon :)

I've included my starting pic ( October 11, 2013--I had a weave installed on October 28th, 2013) and an inspiration pic.

image-3149823345.jpg

image-2720710133.jpg

msbettyboop

So I planned to install Marley twists this weekend and ordered two packs of hair which came today but it doesn't look like a lot. This is the first time I'm installing Marley twists and I will be cutting each pack of hair into two. Can anyone who has done this before let me know if this will be enough? The parts will be medium sized. Thanks!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I'd like to take a crack at this.
I've been transitioning for a little over a year with just buns but after getting braids, I'm realizing that it's much easier and makes way more sense for my life.
I still have at least another year of transition to go, maybe more, and plan to spend 2014 in braids.

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Transitioning

Current Hair length: APL - BSL, I think. I haven't thought about or checked length since I started transitioning, so I don't know for sure.

Hair length goal: idk, I want hair like Chime Edwards' someday. :lol:

Products being used: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo, Nexxus Humectress Conditioner, GVP Anti-Snap Leave-in, Qhemet AOHC, Castor oil, S-Curl coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and safflower oil.

Regimen: Install braids, keep in for 8 - 12 weeks.
Once a week, lightly oil scalp with grapeseed or safflower oil and spray braids with diluted s-curl to keep the hair moist and shiny.
I actually don't shampoo my hair with the braids in, and just use witch hazel and cottonballs to clean and refresh my scalp.

I like to take a couple of weeks between installs to let my scalp and hair rest, and in that time, I go back to my regular weekly reggie of shampoo, deep condition, apply leave-in and serum, air dry in rollers, and then bun. Moisturize and seal once - twice a week.

Wig/Weaves/Braids: Senegalese twists and braids.

How long will you be in the challenge? All year.

If available, post Inspirational Pic:

Pictures are huge, so I'm just gonna link the post: http://curlydeviants.com/2012/08/19/senegalese-twists/

I love all the little beads and stuff she has in there.

Whit

I took my weave out today so I'm changing my starting picture:

image-3771263796.jpg

Picture on the left is from October 11th. My weave was installed on October 28th and I took it out today. In the center, as shown, it grew at least two full inches (mind you, the pic on the right is not flat ironed to show all the length). Yay!

msbettyboop

Pray for me y'all. I started putting in my kinky twists today. I'm only a quarter way through and I'm already ready to give up. Lolllllllllllll

Adiatasha

Post your Stats:

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: natural
Current Hair length: SL
Hair length goal: APL/BSL
Products being used: suave clarifying shampoo/ suave coconut conditioner
Regimen: wash every two weeks, use olive oil as my oil. Moisturize 2x a week
Wig/Weaves/Braids: weave
How long will you be in the challenge? As long as I can . Lol.

My starting pic. I had so many split and bad ends so I got a hair cut. I was at APL but I'm back to SL now

image-3017367143.jpg

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
6 weeks into this install, so this weekend, I have to find time to refresh my braids.
I'm just going to take down the first few rows of braids on my perimeter, comb out the sheds and any dust, and then rebraid it up for the next 4 - 6 weeks.

Praying for strength lol.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
6 weeks into this install, so this weekend, I have to find time to refresh my braids.
I'm just going to take down the first few rows of braids on my perimeter, comb out the sheds and any dust, and then rebraid it up for the next 4 - 6 weeks.

Praying for strength lol.

I feel your pain and I'm only on week 2. 6 weeks to go!!!

bronzephoenix

Do hats count?? I've been in 6 Felicia braids since my last cowash. I've been m&s'ing nightly with water & burnt sugar pomade on each braid. I wear a satin scarf under my hat... I'm surprised I don't feel like a bumb. Most importantly my hair is happy even in my laziness :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-3802911881.jpg
    image-3802911881.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 61

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Oh yeaaaa! I get my sew-in this weekend. Good byyyyye hair! So long suckeeeer!! **too excited** Much needed break is on the way. Exhales...

Smiley79
That look sooooo good!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: natural
Current Hair length: APL , everywhere but bangs
Hair length goal: Full APL-BSL
Products being used: various
Regimen: cowashing weekly, moisturizing every 3 days, washing monthly new weave every 2-3 months.
Wig/Weaves/Braids: full weave, crochet braids, kinky twists
How long will you be in the challenge? All 2014
If available, post Inspirational Pic

Getting first weave of the year Jan 6 or 7 th ( depends on how long it takes for my hair to arrive once I order it
Starting picture/goal

amended my styles. This body wave is too much work. If I get another weave it will be kinky/curly.

Adiatasha

Just checking in: Forgive me, I actually had my weave installed 3 weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to updating. My Hide Your Hair method: Sew-in with leave out; virgin Brazilian body wave from Ali Express Plan: Well, since I am a short hair natural, blending is my biggest challenge since I do not want to flat iron my hair often and suffer heat damage again. So, as soon as I can, I am going to take out the weave and have it made into a U-part with an closure and see how that goes. In the meantime, I'm rocking beanies on days that I do not want to put heat on my leave out. Next time, I will opt for a hair pattern that I can just roll my natural hair rather than need it to be straight. Lesson learned. :) Also, since I'm working out almost everyday, a u-part wig will be great for me take my weave on and off and give my hair some TLC after a workout at the gym. :yep:

Kinky straight hair is much better for blending natural hair

Aggie

Currently using a 60 second wet and wavy (human hair) wig for hiding my hair. Now I am really hair lazy....again! Funny...I'm really enjoying it too:grin:

SkySurfer

2 week check in:
Currently washing, DC-ing, and moisturising my hair under my crochet braids.
Hair feels good :)

misseyblue

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: transitioning

Current Hair length: CL and in need of a major trim

Hair length goal: APL

Products being used: for washing: Carol's Daughters black vanilla leave in conditioner, as I am coconut co wash, and searching for additional items (I just started transitioning)

Regimen:Oil scalp as needed, when in a sew in- wash at least once a week, when wearing breads- co-wash perimeter and cleans scalp as needed.

Wig/Weaves/Braids: sew-in weaves (no leave out) and Senegalese twists for 8-9 weeks at a time.

How long will you be in the challenge? all of 2014