Hide your Hair 2014

NaturallyATLPCH

Perfect challenge! Holding my spot, will come back later to post stats and pics. I will be doing mainly marley twists and havana twists.

coracao

I'm in

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Natural
Current Hair length: SL
Hair length goal: BSL
Products being used: Joico, Carol's Daughter
Regimen: wash and deep condition once a week, twist it up under a wig
Wig/Weaves/Braids: wigs and braids mostly. may do a sew in
How long will you be in the challenge? six months and may continue depending on how well i do
If available, post Inspirational Pic

bronzephoenix

~~count me out~~

Decided to go with regular ps'ing & rollersetting instead. Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• image-3096536736.jpg
    image-3096536736.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 137
  • image-2056869497.jpg
    image-2056869497.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 198
  • image-1037091710.jpg
    image-1037091710.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: natural
Current Hair length: APL , everywhere but bangs
Hair length goal: Full APL-BSL
Products being used: various
Regimen: cowashing weekly, moisturizing every 3 days, washing monthly new weave every 2-3 months.
Wig/Weaves/Braids: full weave
How long will you be in the challenge? All 2014

Getting first weave of the year Jan 6 or 7 th ( depends on how long it takes for my hair to arrive once I order it
Starting picture/goal

Attachments

• photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4863.JPG
    IMG_4863.JPG
    344.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

msbettyboop

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: natural Current Hair length: APL , everywhere but bangs Hair length goal: Full APL-BSL Products being used: various Regimen: cowashing weekly, moisturizing every 3 days, washing monthly new weave every 2-3 months. Wig/Weaves/Braids: full weave How long will you be in the challenge? All 2014 If available, post Inspirational Pic Getting first weave of the year Jan 6 or 7 th ( depends on how long it takes for my hair to arrive once I order it Starting picture/goal

shawnyblazes, what kind of closures do you use and where do you get it from? The one I liked doesn't accept foreign credit cards :('

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
shawnyblazes, what kind of closures do you use and where do you get it from? The one I liked doesn't accept foreign credit cards :('

msbettyboop , I've never used a closure before. I always just get a full headed weave. I'm scared that a closure will look so fake. One day I'll take the bite but heres how my weaves usually look.

msbettyboop

msbettyboop , I've never used a closure before. I always just get a full headed weave. I'm scared that a closure will look so fake. One day I'll take the bite but heres how my weaves usually look.

Thanks. I tried a full headed weave once and I looked deranged. I wish I could find someone who can do it as well as that over here.

BonBon

I'm in.

At the end of 2014 I will be burning all the wigs I own in the garden. :look:

Until then I'm riding it out.

Current Hair length: Not sure but different lengths between NL and CBL
Hair length goal: Healthy hair that doesn't look bald headed or struggling.
Products being used: JBCO, African Royale Braid Spray, Loreal moitsure rich line, Aphoghee 2 min reconstructor, ORS Replenishing conditioner.
Regimen: Braids all the time. Spray once every two days. Wash 1x per 3 weeks, protien, condition.
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Wigs -_-
How long will you be in the challenge? All damn year

Aggie

I wanna join but instead will be spying, I mean watching your progresses from the sidelines. I am not so sure if I can commit to this as yet.

ojemba

Current Hair length: APL

Hair length goal: WL

Products being used: Giovanni smooth as silk poo and condish, jbco, Shea butter mix.

Regimen: prepoo/shampoo or cowash every 2 weeks, oil scalp and moisturize daily

Wig/Weaves/Braids: Wigs while hair in cornrowed in a beehive under.

How long will you be in the challenge? The whole year

Starting pic: pic was taken before I installed this beehive November 2013

image-572756548.jpg

Current state of my hair and my 2 wigs I alternate between.

image-2982248491.jpg

I made this with Onyc kinky curly hair and frontal closure.

image-694580487.jpg

RPGshow wig

image-2140226843.jpg

dede1129

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Transitioning
Current Hair length: APL
Hair length goal: 100% Natural (any length) by December 2014
Products being used: Castor Oil, Main and Tail Conditioner for Cowashing
Regimen: Lightly mist my scalp daily with castor oil and water mix, Cowash weekly, Shampoo with each new install
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Alternating Braids and senegalese twist
How long will you be in the challenge? All year long
If available, post Inspirational Pic: This is my texlaxed Hair pic as my inspirational pic, I want it to be this length 100% Natural

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 73

SkySurfer

I'd Like to join!

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: I'm Natural
Current Hair length: BSL (just reached, yay!)
Hair length goal: MBL by end of 2014
Products being used: S-curl to moisturise. ORS Replenishing conditioner as deep conditioner. ORS Aloe Shampoo to cleanse.
Regimen: Moisturise Braids every 2-3 days, take them out every 2-3 months
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Box braids/Senegalese Twists/Crochet Braids
How long will you be in the challenge? All year, hunny!

will be back with starting pic :)

Attachments

• Photo on 16-12-2013 at 12.53 #2.jpg
    Photo on 16-12-2013 at 12.53 #2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Babygrowth

Here is my starting pic:
Sorry its upside down.

ForumRunner_20131215_111522.jpg

I'm wigging it until January then I will either get crochet braids or a weave. I feel like even in a wig I'm doing to much to my hair.

msbettyboop

Ok, I changed my mind about weaves. I just took one out and I don't like the way my edges look. Nursing till the end of the year then putting in kinky twists. Has anyone ever self installed kinky twists?

SkySurfer

Getting my box braids installed today/tomorrow depending on how my charm offensive on my mum goes haha!
They're going to be quite thick, and I hope to keep them in until mid-February.

Queensheba88

Post your Stats:

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: relaxed
Current Hair length: neck length
Hair length goal: full shoulder length
Products being used: not sure yet
Regimen: wash dc 2x per week moisturise 3x week
Wig/Weaves/Braids: wigs and weaves
How long will you be in the challenge? 6 months to the whole year
Starting pic Attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 71

NGraceO

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Texlaxed
Current Hair length:
Between BSB & BSL
Hair length goal: Short Term: MBL (2014) Ultimate Goal: WL!!!!!!! (2015):spinning::crossfingers:
Products being used: Moisture: Aphoghee Pro-Vitamin Leave in w/ ADDED Hydrolyzed Keratin, Giovanni Direct Leave in Sealants: Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Hemp Seed Oil OR Wheat Germ Oil (next to try out)
Regimen: Wash/ DC 1x/week, Moisturize (LOC) 1x/day OR every other day Vitamin Regimen Daily,
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Going for Wigs.Still searching and compiling these. Nervous about finding the best wigs!
How long will you be in the challenge?: Not sure...I will stay at least 6 months. I will check in to extended or end by June.
Starting Pic: See Siggy.
]

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Current Hair length: APL , everywhere but bangs
Hair length goal: Full APL-BSL
Products being used: various
Regimen: cowashing weekly, moisturizing every 3 days, washing monthly new weave every 2-3 months.
Wig/Weaves/Braids: full weave
How long will you be in the challenge? All 2014

Getting first weave of the year Jan 6 or 7 th ( depends on how long it takes for my hair to arrive once I order it
Starting picture/goal

I'm installed

Attachments

• photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 90

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Post your Stats:

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning:.Natural
Current Hair length: Barely SL
Hair length goal: Hmmmm idk, APL for 2014
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Wigs and braids
How long will you be in the challenge? 2014 year
Posted below is my starting pic

20131220_200949-1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wig Rules

1. WIG means any full wig, half wig, full lace wig, or a lace fronts (NOT twists, braided extensions or weaves)

2. Wigs are your protective style of choice (most of the time), but you can take as many breaks as you want - just pull it off whenever.

2. You MUST take care of your hair and scalp underneath (this challenge is about progress, not a styling crutch) our ultimate goal is healthy, long REAL hair!

3. Keep in touch, post photos, ask questions, share advice and let us know how you're doing at least once per month!

Also, WIG CHALLENGE works easily with others challenges -- such as the Bootcamp, Deep Conditioning, Scalp Massage, Hide Your Hair, or Low Manipulation, etc. -- since your hair is safely tucked away from daily wear and tear.

*these rules came from the wig challenge 2012
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=14859059&highlight=wig+challenge#post14859059

Braid Rules

1. Your hair can be in Marley twist/braids Sengalese twist, Yarn Braids/Genie Locks, Box braids, etc. Any braids that require weave are welcomed.

2. Lightly oil your scalp and spray in water or leave-in conditioner every few days

3. for washing, dilute shampoo with water and apply with a nozzle bottle

4. Wash braids whenever you need to. (twice a week)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

polished07

I'm in! Want to make MBL by June 2014 WL by Feb 2015! Here are my stats : Post your Stats: Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: natural Current Hair length: BSL Hair length goal: current full BSL Products being used: various, simplicity hair oil, AO, beautiful textures, acv etc Regimen: celies under my wigs wash every 2-3 weeks, dc with heat airdry braid back up Wig/Weaves/Braids: All 3 How long will you be in the challenge? All year If available, post Inspirational Pic image-3204665316.jpg Current length image-1814526173.jpg Current weave/clip ins image-325502422.jpg Full wig I wear

Inspiration

Attachments

• image-2642016757.jpg
    image-2642016757.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 79

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I would like to join. My growth and retention has not been great these past two years and I hope to change that in 2014.

Current Hair length:
A little past APL.
Hair length goal: My goal for 2014 is to obtain full BSL.
Products being used: Coconut oil, Qhemet Biologics AOHC (cold months), Qhemet Biologics OHBC (warm months), Qhemet Biologics Aethiopika Hydrate & Twist Butter, As I AM Coconut Cowash, As I Am Smoothing Gel...
Regimen: I follow a weekly routine:
Shampoo wash on the weekends after doing a pre-treatment with coconut oil the night before. I then condition/deep condition and detangle.
After my hair is clean and conditioned I moisturize and seal and put my hair into braids to stretch it out.
During the week I wear a wig and may were a braidout or twistout at the end of the week.
I cowash or remoisturize mid-week as needed.
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Wigs
How long will you be in the challenge? Not sure. I plan to wear wig throughout the winter of 2014.

afrochique

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Relaxed
Current Hair length: Not sure. Maybe BSB or BSL. Relaxing at the end of the year.
Hair length goal: Hip length
Products being used: CON detangling and conditioning shampoo, Mane and Tail deep conditioner, M & T detangler, Whatever leave in I have available, coconut oil, JBCO, jojoba oil.
Regimen: Wash and DC every week, bun all week, moisturize and seal as needed.
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Box braids. How long will you be in the challenge? All of 2014.
If available, post Inspirational Pic I will post a picture after my end year relaxer.

Picture attached.
I know you all won't believe this but my hair is 1 week post. I got a cut and am about APL stretched. I won't be using heat until the summer.

20131222_213402-1.jpg

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

Wow thanks I have a strong case of hair anorexia I don't see it lol! How have you been?! How's nursing going I finally finished!

Its going....working working working.
You have beautiful thick hair.
Yea I seen in the thread you got an offer, congrats!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Hiding my hair with a quickweave wig until I get my braids in Jan

Last edited: