Hide your Hair 2014

DrC

Hi ladies!

Are you not retaining much length?

Do you suffer from Hands in Hair Syndrome HIHS?
Are you tired of making threats to your hair to act right?
Are you trying to get to a desired length with the maximum amount of your potential retention?
Tried everything from hanging upside down to having a coochie cream scalp?

Well maybe it is time to take a break and weave yourself to Glory!

Weave
Wigs
Braids
Half Wigs
U-Parts

You name it, as long as your hair is hidden you can join the challenge, and yes. I considers braids hiding your hair. :grin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-In order to be an official challenger for your name to be posted in the challenge, please @ me, or PM me to be on the list, and I highly suggest having a starting pic. Pics are fun. :yep:

-You will check in every 3 months of 2014 with pic results. You do not have to do the whole challenge. This can be for 3 months, 6 months, whatever suits you.

Check-in dates:

March 2014
June 2014
Sept 2014
Dec 2014

The challenge will start in Jan 2014, but you may start earlier than that if you wish. There will be set rules for each particular style:

Weave/Wigs/Braids

Select the one you are doing and adhere to those guidelines if you can.

Post your Stats:

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning:
Current Hair length:
Hair length goal:
Products being used:
Regimen:
Wig/Weaves/Braids:
How long will you be in the challenge?
If available, post Inspirational Pic

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Weave Rules

1. Install your weave (it can be full or partial/ curly, kinky, or straight; may include a braided perimeter)

2. Shampoo hair at least once every 2 weeks

Instructions on how to shampoo hair while in a weave.

Take an applicator bottle and dilute your shampoo with water. Lift each track and squirt the shampoo under the weave. It will create an almost instant lather, then GENTLY massage your scalp in between the track to loosen dirt, debris, and build up. Rinse.)

3. Moisturize your braided hair at least 2-3x a week

Instructions on how to moisturize hair.

Lightly mist your favorite watery moisturizer or leave in and apply to braided hair or;
Create your own moisturizer by diluting a light conditioner and spritzing your braided hair or;
Use an applicator bottle filled with your preferred moisturizer and apply to braided hair.

Product suggestions include African Royale Braid Spray, Infusium 23, Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave In Conditioner, or a mix of part water/conditioner (VO5 or Suave)/ aloe vera juice/ and/or oil.

4. Keep trimming to a bare minimum. You can dust your ends for knots and splits before each installation.

5. Leave your weave in for an appropriate amount of time. Up to two to three months max is ideal. Disclaimer: Trying to push the install beyond four months increases the likelihood of matting and tangles. However, there are members who have done so successfully.

6. Shampoo and Deep Condition your hair after each removal and before each installation.

7. Re-install weave within 1-3 weeks upon removal.

8. Check in regularly, motivate, discuss, and post pictures of your beautiful hair and installs. :yep:

9. Post your regimen and staple products!

*these rules are from the 2012 weave it up challenge*
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=619159&highlight=wigs+and+weave+2014

Wig Rules

1. WIG means any full wig, half wig, full lace wig, or a lace fronts (NOT twists, braided extensions or weaves)

2. Wigs are your protective style of choice (most of the time), but you can take as many breaks as you want - just pull it off whenever.

2. You MUST take care of your hair and scalp underneath (this challenge is about progress, not a styling crutch) our ultimate goal is healthy, long REAL hair!

3. Keep in touch, post photos, ask questions, share advice and let us know how you're doing at least once per month!

Also, WIG CHALLENGE works easily with others challenges -- such as the Bootcamp, Deep Conditioning, Scalp Massage, Hide Your Hair, or Low Manipulation, etc. -- since your hair is safely tucked away from daily wear and tear.

*these rules came from the wig challenge 2012
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=14859059&highlight=wig+challenge#post14859059

Braid Rules

1. Your hair can be in Marley twist/braids Sengalese twist, Yarn Braids/Genie Locks, Box braids, etc. Any braids that require weave are welcomed.

2. Lightly oil your scalp and spray in water or leave-in conditioner every few days

3. for washing, dilute shampoo with water and apply with a nozzle bottle

4. Wash braids whenever you need to. (twice a week)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be updating and adding extra info on here.

All right ladies. Happy hair growing. Let's do this!!! :yay:

Last edited:

DrC

Stats:

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning:Natural
Current Hair length: BSB
Hair length goal: MBL 2014
Products being used: conditioners, hot oil treatments.
Regimen: Umm co washing and deep conditioning 2-3 times a week. LOC method
Wig/Weaves/Braids: I'm wigging my way to length. May change to braids.
How long will you be in the challenge? I will try to stick to it for a whole year.

Inspirational Pic:

Starting Pic below:

Attachments

• Inversion M November (2).jpg
    Inversion M November (2).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Im in! I need to get back to hiding asap and 2014 would be a good time. I had an inspiration pic but recently deleted it out my phone.

Wanderland

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: natural
Current Hair length: collarbone length
Hair length goal: BSL
Products being used: various
Regimen: cowashing weekly, moisturizing every 3 days, washing monthly new weave every 2 months.
Wig/Weaves/Braids: full weave with closure
How long will you be in the challenge? All 2014

Smiley79

I'm in! Mostly, I just want a change of style for 2014. As long as I can figure out a weave that wont damage my edges and wont heat damage my leave out, I'll be good to go. I'm gonna take these next few weeks to see if I can come up with a plan. For now, I'm still leaning towards U-part wigs so I can have easy access to my hair whenever I want.

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Natural
Current Hair length: TWA
Hair length goal: Not important; I'll see as I go :yep:
Products being used: Pomade Shop pomade/Oyin Hair Dew/Shea Butter
Regimen: Cowashing/Weekly DC/Henna or Cassia/scalp massages
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Weave (trying for U-part wigs)
How long will you be in the challenge? See how the first 3 months goes

Last edited:

brg240

Hi ladies!

Are you not retaining much length?

Do you suffer from Hands in Hair Syndrome HIHS?
Are you tired of making threats to your hair to act right? (It is like you know me so well)
Are you trying to get to a desired length with the maximum amount of your potential retention?
Tried everything from hanging upside down to having a coochie cream scalp?

Well maybe it is time to take a break and weave yourself to Glory!

:giggle::lol: lol at all of this

This doesn't include Bunning ;___; good luck though ladies

Last edited:

Babygrowth

I'm in!

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Long term stretching relaxed
Current Hair length: SL
Hair length goal: Waist length
Products being used: I'm a pj so alot
Regimen: prepoo/shampoo or cowash/DC 2x week put in cornrows
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Wigs primarily but crochet braids and weaves will make an appearance
How long will you be in the challenge? The whole year

Will post inspirational pics later...

ManiiSweetheart

I'm in! I've been bunning for most of 2013... but hiding my hair is soo much easier and more effective!
Stats!
Current Hair length: WL
Hair length goal: HL
Products being used: Shea moisture coconut and hibiscus. tresemme flawless curls shampoo, henna, shea butter, coconut oil.
Regimen: Re-do monthly. monthly henna. shampoo 1x, M&S every other day. DC twice a month.
Wig/Weaves/Braids:
How long will you be in the challenge? All of 2014

Smiley79

I was just thinking that I will come back with a start photo to insert in my post. I'm so excited for this challenge! :)

napbella

I'm in. I'm 18mos post relaxer and 6mos natural. I really miss my bsl length and want to get to waistlength eventually.

Current Hair length: neck length
Hair length goal: bsb, apl
Products being used: Keravada oils (bringhy, amla, and hibiscus), eden coconut shea curl defining creme, scurl
Regimen: biweekly washes, m&s 2x wkly, scalp massages
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Marley twists, 2s twists
How long will you be in the challenge? 2014
If available, post Inspirational Pic: will post starting and inspirational pics later.

Last edited:

PureSilver

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Relaxed
Current Hair length: APL
Hair Length Goal: MBL Sept 2014
Products being used: Oils Conditioners & Protein DCs
Regimen: Cowash 1X/wk M&S every other day Mild Protein DC every week Heavy Protein DC 1X/mth Hot Oil Treatments 2X/mth
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Full weave
How long will you be in the challenge? All 2014[/COLOR][/B]

Attachments

• JGA.jpg
    JGA.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

afrochique

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Relaxed
Current Hair length: Not sure. Maybe BSB or BSL. Relaxing at the end of the year.
Hair length goal: Hip length
Products being used: CON detangling and conditioning shampoo, Mane and Tail deep conditioner, M & T detangler, Whatever leave in I have available, coconut oil, JBCO, jojoba oil.
Regimen: Wash and DC every week, bun all week, moisturize and seal as needed.
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Box braids. How long will you be in the challenge? All of 2014.
If available, post Inspirational Pic I will post a picture after my end year relaxer.

Last edited:

Fhrizzball

Hi

Post your Stats:

Current Hair length: barely BSL
Hair length goal: this year full MBL
Products being used: too many in rotation...
Regimen: wigs and braids on bimonthly/ monthly duration
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Wigs and braids
How long will you be in the challenge? Until Summer
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdkaxeY2Eq1rx2i0fo1_1280.jpg

Love the shape of her hair and sleekness of the flatiron

Starting pic

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density

Current Hair length: SL

Hair length goal: WL

Products being used: I have a long list on my blog because I'm a product junkie; but, in terms of moisturizing, I'm fairly consistent. I make an oil/water mix with rosemary, lavender tea tree, peppermint, and a carrier oil (usually avocado and/or castor oil). In the summer, I also add glycerin. After I spritz my hair with my oil/water mix, I seal with a hair lotion. My two favorites are Purabody Sapote and Purabody Murumuru Moisture Milk.

Regimen: During the work week, I wear a wig with twists underneath. I moisturize and seal 1-2 times per day. Friday night, I deep condition overnight and then I wash my hair on Saturday and do a loose style to give it a break. Sunday night, I twist it up to go back under the wig for the work week.

Wig/Weaves/Braids: Wig primarily, but I may try to do my own marley twists this month to see if I like it. If I do, I may incorporate Marley twists.

How long will you be in the challenge? the remainder of 2013 and 2014 at least

Last edited:

Smiley79

For those of you who plan on Weaving it for 2014 AND you have a leave out....how are you protecting your leave out. I'd love to hear suggestions.

Stormy

Count me in! Here are my stats:

Natural
Current Hair length:
CB/SL
Hair length goal:
APL
Products being used:
Mainly Sulfur 8 Braid Spray and Sparkle Oil Spray
Regimen:
Wear twists for 6-8 weeks at a time, bun for a week or two .
then redo. I also usually CW once a week and shampoo every other week. Can I still join? :look:
Wig/Weaves/Braids:
Braids
How long will you be in the challenge?
Till July for now.
If available, post Inspirational Pic:
See my starting pic and wish me a lot of luck please!

Attachments

• Mini Ponytail Aug. '13.jpg
    Mini Ponytail Aug. '13.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 86

lamaria211

Im in for 3 maybe 6 months. Ill be rocking wigs at least 2-3 weeks out of a month. Washing weekly and Dcing x2 a week, M&S daily
Starting pic

ForumRunner_20131206_214833.jpg

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Current Hair length: NL/SL
Hair length goal: MBL
Products being used: Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade, Oyin Juices & Berries, Bobeam Shampoo Bar
Regimen: wash and deep condition once a month
Wig/Weaves/Braids: All three mostly WIGS
How long will you be in the challenge? All year long

Attachments

• my hurr.jpg
    my hurr.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Side Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    Side Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Front Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    Front Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Back Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    Back Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

msbettyboop

Current Hair length: No idea. Haven't straightened in over a year and being PSing since January.
Hair length goal: BSL
Products being used: Quidad, trsemmmes naturals, olive oil, coconut oil and a few random things here and there.
Regimen: Wash and DC every two weeks in braids or weaves. Spray between tracks or wet braids every few days with a mixture of infusium 23, tea tree essential oil and aloe Vera juice.
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Braids and weaves with closures. Braids for summer. Weaves for winter.
How long will you be in the challenge? I live in a place with terribly dry air and desalinated water, enemies of natural hair. It's gone well for 2013 so will continue for most of 2014 with 2 week breaks inbetween braids/installs.
If available, post Inspirational Pic - no inspirational pic at the present time. I'll see when I take out my install in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF