Sulphur Mix 2014 Challenge

Luscious850

Hey ladies! Although it's a little over mid year I'd like to end this year with a BOOST of growth!

Post a starting pic:

image-1891532606.jpg

This pic was taken 3 weeks ago on my relaxer day. I haven't straightened my hair since then & I don't plan on doing so any time soon so this is my starting pic.

Starting length: APL

Goal length: BSL by Dec. 2014

Natural or relaxed or anything in between: Relaxed/Texlaxed

What you are going to do to maintain all the length you gain: Low maintenance styles (Rollers, Braidouts, twisouts, Bantu knots) anything that doesn't require much attention after styling, just fluff & go. I usually pin up my style so it's not hanging but it's not a requirement in my reggie.

My sulfur mix is a homemade concoction (evco, castor oil, and GSO, topped with peppermint & rosemary essential oils)

I plan on using this mix daily just to start off then I'll adjust if need be.

Luscious850

Still applying daily, so far so good. Also on day 3/7 on the inversion method. I may straighten my hair this week for the sake of having a monthly comparison shot & to get a MUCH NEEDED trim. My hair is still shedding like crazy in the back, the front has almost completely stopped. Still working on it.

Luscious850

I ended up doing only 6 days of inverting b/c I had a headache on day 7. Inversion with my sulfur oil hopefully gave my hair that extra TLC that it surely did need. I'm feeling a little better today so illness back to using my oil daily

Luscious850

Ok so quick update, I've decided to oil every other day. I find that when my hair is protected it hold product longer, so daily oiling isn't necessary, at least for now it is.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Oiled my edges last night. I will do edges only until my thin spots fill in. Postpartum shedding does a number on my hairline every time :(

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I will oil my edges tonight. After wash day I will start oiling all of my hair. The applicator bottle squeezes out too much so i will apply the oil with my fingertips from now on.

Dilettante

I'm sure it's too late to formally join, but I'm going to be oiling with a homemade sulfur mix.

I combined JBCO, emu oil, and pumpkin seed oil with a teaspoon of pure MSM. I also threw in a splash of tea tree oil and a few drops of rosemary essential oil.

I'm only going to apply this mix 2 - 4x per week because my hair is very fine. I might apply it to my edges more often though. ~ Hoping for some great growth to end the year!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm sure it's too late to formally join, but I'm going to be oiling with a homemade sulfur mix.

I combined JBCO, emu oil, and pumpkin seed oil with a teaspoon of pure MSM. I also threw in a splash of tea tree oil and a few drops of rosemary essential oil.

I'm only going to apply this mix 2 - 4x per week because my hair is very fine. I might apply it to my edges more often though. ~ Hoping for some great growth to end the year!

Never too late

PureSilver

I've been using my mix at least 1x per week. Its very greasy so i have to limit my usage becuase i don't want to wash every other day.

APrayer4Hair

I'm joining this thread from the sidelines. I just purchased 32oz MTG plus (supposedly has a light herbal scent and not as bacon-smelling as the original, same formula). I had good results a few years ago. Will start Sunday.

Dilettante

I've been faithfully oiling my scalp about 4 times a week for two weeks now. It's obviously too early to tell if it's doing any good, but so far it doesn't seem to be hurting at all. I wash once a week and then cowash midweek so my scalp hasn't felt too dirty - it tends to be greasy by the end of the week but I can deal.

I ended up adding a bit of water to my mix to help the MSM crystals dissolve. I hope this wont dilute the effects of the other ingredients.