SL 2014

Babygrowth

Hey everyone. I started taking Manetabolism. No touch up yet. Waiting until December for that. I will post a pic of where I'm at later. I'm loving the styles I'm seeing in here. Everyone is looking good. I don't know what to do with my hair. Today I will do a bantu knot out but I want braids for now then a weave for the holidays... I think...

Last edited:

ikandi87

Hey everyone. I started taking Manetabolism. No touch up yet. Waiting until December for that. I will post a pic of where I'm at later. I'm loving the styles I'm seeing in here. Everyone is looking good. I don't know what to do with my hair. Today I will do a blog but I want braids for now then a weave for the holidays... I think...

Me too! Im in braids now but I want a bob for thanksgiving/birthday and maybe kerp it til xmas/new years. ..

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Just got my sew in from my sister in law. I'll take better pics tomorrow but here it is. I'm going to have her add another track on the left side though where my bang is bc I like fuller hair. I don't like taking pictures y'all so bear with me please.

And your sew in is fire. It looks natural. I'm dying for one but I've gotta save up for some good hair and a closure because I can't have any leave out. #needthemincometaxes

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
And your sew in is fire. It looks natural. I'm dying for one but I've gotta save up for some good hair and a closure because I can't have any leave out. #needthemincometaxes

Ikr girl that's what I'm waiting on. My hair is already almost 2 years old so time for some new new. After letting my kids splurge a little I would like to get Majestic Tresses relaxed, kinky str8, and the kinky curly hair from them. That way I have all 3 textures to alternate from. Income tax can't come sooner enough.

BonBon

I decided not to give up on my hair. There is life after hair loss/thinning. Mourning is over and I'm ready to try my best to increase thickness and health:yep:. Started taking Viviscal supplements and massaging with JBCO.

I will detangle more often. As my hair gets longer no manipulation isn't a good idea.

In positive news I've never had a nape length longer than 1/2" because it just used to break off since childhood. Easy to get hair-o-rexia on this site and forget where you started lol

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I decided not to give up on my hair. There is life after hair loss/thinning. Mourning is over and I'm ready to try my best to increase thickness and health:yep:. Started taking Viviscal supplements and massaging with JBCO.

I will detangle more often. As my hair gets longer no manipulation isn't a good idea.

In positive news I've never had a nape length longer than 1/2" because it just used to break off since childhood. Easy to get hair-o-rexia on this site and forget where you started lol

I'm glad you decided to not give up. Just take your time and come up with a regi that works for you. You will see progress.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Absolutely fabulous. Went to Nice, France for a week. Next time I plan to stay a month :yep:

Haven't done anything to my hair so hope to get it in gear by the weekend.

That's awesome! Did you do site seeing and take pics of the scenery? That's great you were able to get away for a week and relax in France! :) Did you already have it planned in advance or was it like a last minute decision? Me and hubby want to go on a vacay next year. We've yet to go on any kind of vacay since we've been together and popped out 5 kids lol. We actually want to go somewhere with the kids for 1 week and then alone another week.

faithVA

That's awesome! Did you do site seeing and take pics of the scenery? That's great you were able to get away for a week and relax in France! :) Did you already have it planned in advance or was it like a last minute decision? Me and hubby want to go on a vacay next year. We've yet to go on any kind of vacay since we've been together and popped out 5 kids lol. We actually want to go somewhere with the kids for 1 week and then alone another week.

Did some site seeing and a lot of relaxing. We went with a group of friends so it has been planned since February. Nice it so different from the US it was good to experience another cultural lifestyle. Ate a lot, took a tour, did some bike riding and did a lot of laughing with friends.

Definitely try to get away if you can. Start planning now and stashing away for it. If you plan for it you can stay within budget.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Did some site seeing and a lot of relaxing. We went with a group of friends so it has been planned since February. Nice it so different from the US it was good to experience another cultural lifestyle. Ate a lot, took a tour, did some bike riding and did a lot of laughing with friends.

Definitely try to get away if you can. Start planning now and stashing away for it. If you plan for it you can stay within budget.

Thanks faith!

Babygrowth

Here's an update pic. I'm currently inverting, using LG hair oil and green magic hair cream as well as taking manetabolism.

ForumRunner_20140923_231315.jpg

This hair is thick! Lol. I'm in cornrows right now.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
How is everyone else doing? Hair wise, life wise, etc...

My sciatic nerve has been killing me since July 23rd and yes I remember the exact date lol. My daughter and I were in new york for a week and I dk what I did but it's been hurting ever since. I think all that walking that my fat a** ain't used to did a number on me. Anyway hair wise I'm doing good. My hair has been in a sew in for almost 3 weeks. Sunday will make 3 weeks. I've washed my hair once since having the install. My leave out I just flexirod it and it comes out str8. I'm not good at traditional rollerset so that's why I use the flexirods. Other than that smooth sailing so far. Hope to get some good retention when I redo the sew in on November 23rd. I cant manipulate my hair so this helps.

naija24

Msm is the truth. Nine weeks post and my new growth feels like relaxer. I've only been using it for 2 weeks. I don't even need a blowout. I love it. I am also taking biotin 10kmg again daily. I've already recovered the half inch I trimmed 3-4 weeks ago. Pretty happy. I hope to be SL by December and APL by next spring at this rate. I'm avoiding relaxers and sticking to this regimen.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Msm is the truth. Nine weeks post and my new growth feels like relaxer. I've only been using it for 2 weeks. I don't even need a blowout. I love it. I am also taking biotin 10kmg again daily. I've already recovered the half inch I trimmed 3-4 weeks ago. Pretty happy. I hope to be SL by December and APL by next spring at this rate. I'm avoiding relaxers and sticking to this regimen.

That's awesome you found something that works for you. Keep us posted on your growth using the two.

Babygrowth

How is everyone else doing? Hair wise, life wise, etc...

My sciatic nerve has been killing me since July 23rd and yes I remember the exact date lol. My daughter and I were in new york for a week and I dk what I did but it's been hurting ever since. I think all that walking that my fat a** ain't used to did a number on me. Anyway hair wise I'm doing good. My hair has been in a sew in for almost 3 weeks. Sunday will make 3 weeks. I've washed my hair once since having the install. My leave out I just flexirod it and it comes out str8. I'm not good at traditional rollerset so that's why I use the flexirods. Other than that smooth sailing so far. Hope to get some good retention when I redo the sew in on November 23rd. I cant manipulate my hair so this helps.

Girl you better stretch that hip out and get one of your daughter's to drop an elbow in that glute!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Oh no HairPleezeGrow!:sciatica sucks. Hope you get relief soon.

Hair wise, doing good. That MHM bandwagon seems to be the truth for my hair.

Also had some realizations:

-i had been too stingy with product in the past. My hair is way more moisturized and elastic when i just glom on moisturuzers and light sealants. Its a hi po thing i guess.

-my strands are growing courser. I yanked random strands to check for splits and ssk. I wss surprised that esch strand was thicker the first inch and a half from the roots. It coincided with when I started consistently taking multivitamins and collagen supplements 3 months ago.

-pull test shows the nape is just curling over my collar bone. The crown is ever closer to the nape now. Woohoo! Im retaining too!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Oh no HairPleezeGrow!:sciatica sucks. Hope you get relief soon.

Hair wise, doing good. That MHM bandwagon seems to be the truth for my hair.

Also had some realizations:

-i had been too stingy with product in the past. My hair is way more moisturized and elastic when i just glom on moisturuzers and light sealants. Its a hi po thing i guess.

-my strands are growing courser. I yanked random strands to check for splits and ssk. I wss surprised that esch strand was thicker the first inch and a half from the roots. It coincided with when I started consistently taking multivitamins and collagen supplements 3 months ago.

-pull test shows the nape is just curling over my collar bone. The crown is ever closer to the nape now. Woohoo! Im retaining too!

That's gr8 DarkJoy! You will have the rest of your hair catch up with your nape in no time.

faithVA

I'm really hair lazy right now. I was supposed to wash Wednesday, then I said Thursday or Friday. Now I have pushed it out until Sunday. I think maybe I just needed a break. It's been a long time since I've left my hair alone.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm really hair lazy right now. I was supposed to wash Wednesday, then I said Thursday or Friday. Now I have pushed it out until Sunday. I think maybe I just needed a break. It's been a long time since I've left my hair alone.

Yeah if it doesn't need to be washed yet then let it be. Sometimes we just need that break and to lighten the regi some.