SL 2014

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Who all is in? Go ahead and just thank the post to be considered apart of the challenge. Lets continue to encourage one another as we always do. Also, answer the following:

What length are you now?

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?

What retention methods do you plan on using?

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special?

Any other info you want us to know just post it :grin:

Post a starting pic...

You can do LC twice a year, in June and December however if you feel you have to check in more with LC pics then please follow check in below.

The challenge will officially start on January 1st, 2014 and will check in every 3 mths. Please have a picture to post for the following dates:

• January 1, 2014
  • April 1, 2014 (no April's fools :nono::lol:)
  • July 1, 2014
  • October 1, 2014
  • FINAL REVEAL - December 31, 2014 :grin::grin::grin:
If I'm forgetting something please lmk!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
What length are you now? All over the place lol SL at nape, EL at crown, Lip length in front, and NL on the sides (by my chin)

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural

What retention methods do you plan on using? Cowashing, Dcing, applying my NJoy and Keravada oil to my scalp. Tea rinses, hendigo every 2-3 months. Trying to KISS this time around.

Nope I do have Biotin but forget to take it.

Post a starting pic...

Attachments

• LENGTH CHECK (2).jpg
    LENGTH CHECK (2).jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

What length are you now?Almost MBL:look: :lachen:BUT I'm transitioning and my natural hair is only like 2 inches long. By then end of 2014 I want it to be grazing and/or full SL

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Transitioning BABY!

What retention methods do you plan on using? Buns, low manipulation styles (curlformers, curly sets, braid outs, bantu knots), and wigs (hopefully) mostly. I also plan to stick to me regimen like glue!

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Swansons Mineral Max (every morning) and Viviscal. I want the Banyan Botanicals Hair Supplement though :yep:.

Any other info you want us to know just post it ...Nothing here:)

Ill come back with my length check when I wash on Sunday:)

faithVA

What length are you now? : Between EL and NL

Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Natural

Goal Month: April 2014

Current Reggie and Retention Methods:
I will be twisted up for the remainder of the year. I alternate between flat twists and 2 strand twists.

Weekly
--Prepoo with an oil blend
--Shampoo with AIA Cleansing Pudding or Terresentials Mudwash
--Tea Rinse
--DC with AO Blue Chamomile, Island Naturals, Swimmer Conditioner
--Baggy for 15 minutes
--Do LC or LLC and style in twists
--Mist hair 1x to 2x daily with tea mix
--Oil crown daily and scalp massage
--Protein treatment 1x a month

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? It varies by what I decide to buy month to month. Right now it is just Prenatal vitamins and vitamin E. I'm sensitive to high doses of sulfur and biotin so those are out. I will probably buy some MSM when I run into it.

Any other info you want us to know just post it. No

Post a starting pic... Will post between now and the start of the challenge.

Curlformer Set 3/24/2014
IMG_20140324_090107412.jpg

Roller Set 3/30/2014
IMG_20140330_232511854.jpg

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I just cowashed my hair with Wen fig and then applied HH SCM shingle method. Applied KeraVada green tea oil on top and then applied Aunt Jackie curl la la over that. Letting it air dry.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

tequilad28

HairPleezeGrow

Have you ever experienced increase in shed hair when detangling with wen fig? I have used it twice and I have noticed much more shed hair in my wide tooth comb when I detangle while rinsing out compared to regular wash days.

sexypebbly

I'm in this challenge. Currently in kinky twist and will take them out the 27th of this month. Ill be back with all the details then :)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
HairPleezeGrow

Have you ever experienced increase in shed hair when detangling with wen fig? I have used it twice and I have noticed much more shed hair in my wide tooth comb when I detangle while rinsing out compared to regular wash days.

No I haven't experienced an increase in shedding due to Wen fig.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

LdyKamz

What length are you now? About NL

What retention methods do you plan on using? Hmm good question. I guess just moisture moisture moisture. My hair shrinks so much it's always in a protective style, maybe I'll think about doing more stretched styles to reduce tangles/breakage.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Nope. That could change in the middle of the challenge

Post a starting pic... I'll post a pic on wash day (Thursday)

MsKikiStar

HairPleezeGrow thank you for tagging me :wave: cuz truth be told I'm definitely not making full shoulder length by end of this year.

What length are you now?
Shoulder length in the nape area, ear length in the crown & front (that's the best way I can describe it :lol:)

Natural

Protective styling with braids and weaves, low manipulation and very minimal heat in 2014 (length checks only).

Nothing at the moment, but may get back into taking biotin soon.

Any other info you want us to know just post it

Post a starting pic...
I'll post a starting pic on the 28th of this month. that's my 1 year post BC mark :yay:

mshoneyfly

I still need you guys :cry:!!!

Im joining too. I will be back with deets and the first pic with my new LC t-shirt :woot: :woot:

I LOVE this HHJ!!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Holding my spot til I can fully post later

Aggie

Who all is in? Go ahead and just thank the post to be considered apart of the challenge. Lets continue to encourage one another as we always do. Also, answer the following:

What length are you now? Neck length

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Texlaxed

What retention methods do you plan on using? Afro kinky twists with extensions

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Just the usual multi, msm, l-cysteine, silica, biotin and toji hair vitamins.

Post a starting pic...

You can do LC twice a year, in June and December however if you feel you have to check in more with LC pics then please follow check in below.

The challenge will officially start on January 1st, 2014 and will check in every 3 mths. Please have a picture to post for the following dates:

• January 1, 2014
  • July 1, 2014
  • October 1, 2014

Please add me - my answers are in pink above:yep:.

LdyKamz

I forgot to edit my post above and instead made a new one. Sorry! lol I'm washing tonight because my scalp is itchy as all get out! Hoepfully I remember to post a pic in my original post and not a new one.

In other news I just picked up a huge tub of Eco Styler Olive Oil for $3.99! And my sister gave me a huge tub that she got in a gift bag at an event she went to. I'm so happy!

iVR

What length are you now? EL

None

No supplements

My regimen:
Shampoo 2x a week, Condition 3x a week, DC once a week, and protein once a week.

Post a starting pic...

Attachments

• image-187547019.jpg
    image-187547019.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 74

londonfog

I'm in! Be back later!

ETA: Back with deets!

What length are you now? I don't know. Before I put these crochets in... I was about 2 inches from SL in the back, Bangs=the bottom of the tip of my nose, Sides=chin length & crown= I don't know.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? I'm confused is what I am. My ends are relaxed & the rest was texlaxed on accident in efforts to relax. Call me whatcu want!

What retention methods do you plan on using? Braids, crochets (main PS), wigs (sparingly because of edges rubbing) & phony ponies. Use heat sparingly (except for hooded hair dryer to condition), trim/dust when necessary, M&S, & condition!!

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? I was but I forget so I take them when I remember.

Any other info you want us to know just post it
N/A

Post a starting pic... Will do for the last LC of 2013.

Last edited:

KDReese23

What length are you now? All over the place lol SL at nape, EL at crown, Lip length in front, and NL on the sides (by my chin)

What retention methods do you plan on using? Cowashing, Dcing, applying my NJoy and Keravada oil to my scalp. Tea rinses, hendigo every 2-3 months. Trying to KISS this time around.

Nope I do have Biotin but forget to take it.

Post a starting pic...
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

KDReese23

What length are you now?

Post a starting pic...

• January 1, 2014
  • July 1, 2014
  • October 1, 2014
This may sound stupid but what is LC?

BonBon

What length are you now?

My bangs : Chin length
Crown: Ear - Chin
Mid layer: Neck -Shoulder
bottom layer: Past collar bone
Back - Shoulder

Natural

Will be doing protective styling and low, low maintenance. 1 wash day per 3 weeks, no combing etc...

I'm trying hair finity

mshoneyfly

Im in too Ladies!

Current hair length:

grazing CB on sides, bangs past bottom lip, back is past shoulders; still working on full SL and thickening

Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning:

transitioning to texturized Prepoo with Hair Trigger and garlic oil with a ceramide oil on the length under DC; shampoo as needed

Scalp massages with JBCO and baggying 2-3 times week DIY DCs and Ayurvedic powder treatments weekly; Henna every two-three weeks; monthly Rhassoul, Bentonite and Australian Pink Clay wash

Sometimes take Toji hair density vitamins (need to be more consistent with that)

Embrace protective styling to avoid wearing my hair out so often; more roller sets instead of flat ironing. More consistent tea rinses. Hopefully these will lead to thicker hair

image-1784633360.jpg

LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:

LdyKamz

I just realized something. I really like the way my hair looks in a short wash n go. But I want my hair to grow. But with my shrinkage it seems I may be able to wear my hair short whenever I want no matter how long it grows. lol

Yesterday was a good hair day.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
My answers are below!
What length are you now? What length am I NOT? :lol: EL sides; nose length bangs, barely EL crown, SL-CBL at back and nape

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? 100% au naturele

What retention methods do you plan on using? cowashing, dusting my fine strands every 2 months, inversion and regular scalp massage, occassional PS and Ayurvedic methods

Prenatal vit but not preg or trying, just like the results on my health & body. Off and on with chlorella.

Any other info you want us to know just post it In this challenge until my crown touches my shoulder, then I will call full SL

Post a starting pic...Will add my end of year SL 2013 LC when that challenge is done :)

Last edited:

Wenbev

I'm in!

Current hair length - Various lengths between ear, jaw and a little after the nape.

Relaxed/Natural/Transitioning - Natural

Retention methods - Just going to keep doing what works. Keep hair clean, pay attention to the balance between protein and moisture, dust ends and follow regimen.
Current regimen - Prepoo w/ ceramide rich oils, poo 1-2x/month, cowash 2-3x/week, protien dcs 1x/week, dc every time, tea rinses with every wash. Henna 2x/month minimum.

Pics from a day 2 flat-twist out.

Attachments

• picture067.jpg
    picture067.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 51
  • picture066.jpg
    picture066.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 41