Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

toaster

@IDareT'sHair

Ms. T!! You don't do your wash days in sections?? Next time you wash try parting in four quadrants. Twist each quadrant in a loose twist and pin it up with a large bobby pin. Take one section down at a time and do each stage of your routine. This greatly minimizes any tangling opportunities as long as you re twist after every stage.

My hair webs and tangles on itself so easily. I would have one huge dreadlock if I got in water with loose hair. :cry3:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Next time you wash try parting in four quadrants. Twist each quadrant in a loose twist and pin it up with a large bobby pin. Take one section down at a time and do each stage of your routine. This greatly minimizes any tangling opportunities as long as you re twist after every stage. My hair webs and tangles on itself so easily. I would have one huge dreadlock if I got in water with loose hair. :cry3:
@toaster

:wave:
Hey Lady!

:thankyou:.......:kiss: Thank you so much.

Aggie

@IDareT'sHair

Ms. T!! You don't do your wash days in sections?? Next time you wash try parting in four quadrants. Twist each quadrant in a loose twist and pin it up with a large bobby pin. Take one section down at a time and do each stage of your routine. This greatly minimizes any tangling opportunities as long as you re twist after every stage.

My hair webs and tangles on itself so easily. I would have one huge dreadlock if I got in water with loose hair. :cry3:
Agreed. I wash and deep condition my hair in three big plaits, one at a time. This method is really helping me save my hair. I wish I knew to do this a few years back.

Last edited:

melahnee

I've been hearing great things about Olaplex. @melahnee may have tips too.

I'm not relaxed, but I do believe Olaplex saved my hair from bleach damage. I noticed a difference the time I re-did the blonde without it-- it was drier and began to break, so I gave myself a nice trim of course. The next time I got retouched I used Olaplex again and my hair has had no issues at all. I have an entire thread on it if you would like to read, @luving me

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I'm not relaxed, but I do believe Olaplex saved my hair from bleach damage. I noticed a difference the time I re-did the blonde without it-- it was drier and began to break, so I gave myself a nice trim of course. The next time I got retouched I used Olaplex again and my hair has had no issues at all. I have an entire thread on it if you would like to read, @luving me

Thanks so much. I'm going to read your thread. I was thinking of using fgrogan's technique in her "hello honey blond" youtube vid. I hope the link posts

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
somebody donate me some hair, y'all...i'm sooooo over this TWA right now.
i keep quiet about it because everybody in my life is all "we told you not to shave it again, you know you are bored with every hair style within two weeks" i don't want them to say i told you so :lol:
and i can't do the wigs. sighhhhhh.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
somebody donate me some hair, y'all...i'm sooooo over this TWA right now.
i keep quiet about it because everybody in my life is all "we told you not to shave it again, you know you are bored with every hair style within two weeks" i don't want them to say i told you so :lol:
and i can't do the wigs. sighhhhhh.
One year, you can last one year. You look great with a TWA!

I don't do wigs, either.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I didn't do my water rinse today. I just didn't feel like it. But I did spray my Netwurks 21 and Yerba concentrate on my scalp, then moisturized the rest of my hair. I should be fine on moisture until wash day.

toaster

I'm going to blow dry and flat iron my hair this week for a trip.

After that I'll continue working on my tension with roller sets. My hair today is pretty straight, soft, and bouncy. If I can get my edges a little more taut I could wear my hair down from a roller set with no additional heat. I have a few weddings and events coming up in the next year and I really don't want to put heat on my hair more than 2 or 3 times a year.

This year I've blow dried once and did a roller set with a flat iron once.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Thought 1:
My hair tangles too easily in its natural state. However, I am going to do everything I can to take it to full MBL stretched before relaxing. (Currently my longest layers are APL, but some of my hair is chin length when stretched.)

Thought 2:
These bantu knots are taking a VERY long time to dry.

Honey: "Yvette, you've been under that dryer for a LONG time!"
Me: "Yup. I'm not DC-ing like usual; I'm trying to get my hair completely dry."
Honey: "Ohhhhhh. Um, you are wearing your hair in balls now . . . and you can't get them to dry out?"
Me: "Knots. Bantu knots. Not balls."
Honey: "Oh."
Me: "Don't worry: I'm going to take them down. :look:"

I don't really have a head-shape meet for Bantu knots. :laugh: Bless his HEART! He just didn't want me to do that to myself and didn't quite know how to say, "Don't wear your hair like that: Your head shape . . ." :lachen:

Last edited:

JerriBlank

We really do take basic hair knowledge for granted, after being spoiled by these hair boards. People call the hair forum boring and repetitive, which I get if you've been here for a while, like me. But the basics make a world of difference when you're trying to retain length. At the very least, everyone that visits this board knows to wash, condition, moisturize and seal. At the very least.
I met a young lady tonight, and I could tell that there was some natural hair struggle going, but it appeared to by new struggle to me, so I tried to encourage her. She had a twa, with a headband in the front. I told her that her hair looks healthy. She said, "It's not." I said well it does, and asked how long she has been natural for. She said 3 years. My jaw could have hit the floor. She said "And this is all I've got." :sad:
I asked her what she uses, and the first thing out of her mouth was "Pink lotion." Lordhammercy. Then shea butter and coconut oil. I quickly advised her to get some good Trader Joe's conditioner as its cheap, and multi purposeful, and to nix the pink lotion.

Lord, I felt so bad for her! If I still had a twa after 1 year natural, I'd have been on YouTube researching like a mf! I hope that she is guided to some knowledge quickly.

Beany

Does anyone wear head wraps? I've been fascinated with Jewish tichel wraps for a long time. Found this site and have been practicing. I'm thinking to wrap in addition to protective styling this winter. Just wondering if my edges can take it.

I wear head wraps 2-3 times a week (since winter is coming it'll increase). I wear a satin scarf under my wrap to protect my hair and edges. The wraps in the link are beautiful!

ETA: I just bought 5 wraps from that site :look:

Last edited: