Curlformers

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
So i found some time in my life to finally...edit: accidental click off, im on my phone! ... to finally set my hair. It took forever literally I started at 5 and did not end until 3 o'clock in the morning. part of the reason it took so long was because I had not detangled my hair completely prior so I definitely do recommend and stressed that your hair is detangled prior to installing. this time around I didn't use the eco styler gel all I used was the motions CPR triple action leave in conditioner and the cream of nature argan oil style mousse. I'm pretty proud of myself right now. it was raining compliments today! Edit: one more thing on certain sections I use Tresemme flawless curls conditioner because its good at detangling my hair

Omgosh your hair is gorgeous! I can't wait for my sets too look like this (except the fullness due my low density). I'm giving myself 3 years lol.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

hairedity

Love my curlformers that's how I set my daughter's hair twice a month. I've had them since last year some time and can get large amounts of her hair into one curlformer - saving on time. I usually have her sit under the dryer for about 15mins and then she goes to bed and sleeps in them just fine. The dryer I think adds to the shine.

BonBon

Hmm.

I have high po hair and after I used the curlformers my hair was stretched but dry as sandpaper lol. I usually use spritz, but it has glycerin in. I deffo need to use these with something that will be good for stretching + moisture, but not sure what. :perplexed

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
[USER=26733]Sumra[/USER];19808417 said:
Hmm.

I have high po hair and after I used the curlformers my hair was stretched but dry as sandpaper lol. I usually use spritz, but it has glycerin in. I deffo need to use these with something that will be good for stretching + moisture, but not sure what. :perplexed

Some people use a shea butter mix. I don't because I'm lopo and the butter is too much. I use Oyin Hair Dew.

JessieLeleB

It was a fail to me but here's my first try. I just used a cream and spray that I wanted to get rid of... Off to get sum setting lotion tomorrow

Attachments

• image-1492114265.jpg
    image-1492114265.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3357317383.jpg
    image-3357317383.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 114
  • image-2588381457.jpg
    image-2588381457.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

JessieLeleB

No I wet it with the spray conditioner and the cream moisturizer at 9a and took them out at 7p. Tomorrow I'm a wash it then add setting lotion and hand blow dry it and let them stay in overnight.

krissyhair

No I wet it with the spray conditioner and the cream moisturizer at 9a and took them out at 7p. Tomorrow I'm a wash it then add setting lotion and hand blow dry it and let them stay in overnight.

I tried originally on dry hair, spraying it wet like you did. But it works a lot better if I start with soaking wet hair and let it dry overnight.

djkforeal

Hi Ladies,
I am not in this challenge but I watch from the sidelines. I just wanted to share my curlformer set with yall and show my results. These are all knock off curlformers that I got from Ebay a couple of years ago and they have lasted pretty well but I need to get some more because I want to set my hair all with one size, so I am gonna get get the longest pink and orange ones I can find. I did blow dry my hair first but that was a waist because the gel I put on is water bases and made it curl back up anyways. I used curls control paste on my roots and edges and gel on the rest of the strand. They were snatched pretty well at the roots but I sweat so much in my head that it didn't last too long the next day. I sat under a hooded dryer for about 45 minutes and then slept in them overnight. I am not too fond of the smaller size curlformers cause they look too Shirley Templeish for me. Anyway, just sharing some pics, hope you like.

Attachments

• IMG_8335.jpg
    IMG_8335.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8266.jpg
    IMG_8266.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5060.jpg
    IMG_5060.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7217.jpg
    IMG_7217.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5651.jpg
    IMG_5651.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 91

djkforeal

More Pics...

The first pic is still day 1 hair but the last 2 are day 2 hair. I cannot get a curlformer set to last for me for more than 1-2 days. Can you guys give me some tips on how to preserve a curlformer set? I do pineapple it but I don't like the take down the next day and my hair shrinks up so much that you cannot even tell that I am BSL with these sets.:nono:

Attachments

• IMG_4665.jpg
    IMG_4665.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4783.jpg
    IMG_4783.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7650.jpg
    IMG_7650.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 76

Kanky

Does anyone know of a good knockoff of the extra long barrel curls curlformers? I really don't want to pay $75 for the real ones.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Does anyone know of a good knockoff of the extra long barrel curls curlformers? I really don't want to pay $75 for the real ones.

Ebay always has some, just check reviews first. Are you talking about the pink or fuschia? I can see if the vendor I bought mine from is still selling.

shortt29

More Pics... The first pic is still day 1 hair but the last 2 are day 2 hair. I cannot get a curlformer set to last for me for more than 1-2 days. Can you guys give me some tips on how to preserve a curlformer set? I do pineapple it but I don't like the take down the next day and my hair shrinks up so much that you cannot even tell that I am BSL with these sets.:nono:

I normally pin curl and I have gotten sets to last up to 4 days

Blairx0

Have a head full of culformers as I type. Going to sit under the dryer for 45 mins and then let them air dry overnight