BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

jprayze

I pinned my 2nd day WnG up. I used MsJessies pillow soft curls, which I love. Definition is good and my hair stays soft.

image-989207660.jpg

Tderham1314

Took my braids down yesterday! Did twists/twistout. Gonna try a flexi rod set tomorrow or thursday for the first time. Putting my hair up and away on Monday though (addicted to protective styling lol). Gonna officially lc before I do though!

Attachments

• 20140414_215808.jpg
    20140414_215808.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 102
  • 20140415_140405.jpg
    20140415_140405.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 108

Mz.MoMo5235

Cutting it all together? Why??? You have GORGEOUS curls. Let them thangs grow! Besides, you can always create volume, but you can't create length.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My curls arent cooperating at my current length. Last time they did what they were told was in the pic I posted. That was from sept I think. So my hair is longer and doesnt act right any more :nono:

I actually dislike wearing it down now. ~Le Sigh

Curlywurly10

Hi ladies!

I was listed as a challenger at the start as I was in the challenge last year, but I've been away at sea so unfortunately I haven't been able to join in so far this year. But I've been home for a couple of weeks so I've been reading through the thread! Great progress ladies!! So here's my update:

~Current hair length
BSL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural
~Goal month
December 2014
~Current reggie and styling choices
My regimen has become very simple. Co-wash mostly, use shampoo every two weeks. I try to DC weekly. When I'm working I tend to bun or loose pony. Off the ship I wng. M&S at night (I have become a bit lazy with this). Taking my vitamins has gone out the window!
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?
Just going to carry on as I've been doing but M&S more and start taking my vitamins again.

image-852753787.jpg

I guess my bra is quite low so I'm not far from mbl but my hair is layered so I need to wait for the rest of my hair to catch up!

Last edited:

RegaLady

Hey Ladies!!

So I am back!:grin::look:

After cutting my hair to bob length about a little past SL when stretched, I left the challenge. Now I want my hair back and in far better condition then when I cut it.

~Current hair length I am now APL stretched (10")
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd Natural

~Goal month I want to be full BSL inching on to MBL by Dec 2014
~Current reggie and styling choices Washing every two weeks. I may incorporate CW in the middle of the week this summer. DC, M/S and bun, bun, bun! NO HEAT(it messed me up last time around:nono: If I want stretched styles I may have to rollerset or use curl formers. I am also taking bamboo silica vitamins.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL? Nothing, my reggie WORKS especially when I am consistent, use no heat and bun.:yep:
~Post a beginning picture I will post a pic from my phone soon.

Duchess007

My curls arent cooperating at my current length. Last time they did what they were told was in the pic I posted. That was from sept I think. So my hair is longer and doesnt act right any more :nono:

I actually dislike wearing it down now. ~Le Sigh

I don't really like wearing my hair down either. But I don't really know how to make a WnG or roller set happen, so... that's probably part of it. Hehe :)

I need to experiment with these 5- and 7-day styles people are rocking. Twists and braids, I get. But twist outs and WnG? I don't know how people do it! When my hair is down, I'm lucky if it lasts one day. :perplexed

jprayze

Took my braids down yesterday! Did twists/twistout. Gonna try a flexi rod set tomorrow or thursday for the first time. Putting my hair up and away on Monday though (addicted to protective styling lol). Gonna officially lc before I do though!

That's a great addiction!

Jace032000

You are soo beautiful!!!

Duchess007

That is an AWESOME twist out!

Jace032000

Hi ladies!

I was listed as a challenger at the start as I was in the challenge last year, but I've been away at sea so unfortunately I haven't been able to join in so far this year. But I've been home for a couple of weeks so I've been reading through the thread! Great progress ladies!! So here's my update:

~Current hair length
BSL
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural
~Goal month
December 2014
~Current reggie and styling choices
My regimen has become very simple. Co-wash mostly, use shampoo every two weeks. I try to DC weekly. When I'm working I tend to bun or loose pony. Off the ship I wng. M&S at night (I have become a bit lazy with this). Taking my vitamins has gone out the window!
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to BSL/MBL?
Just going to carry on as I've been doing but M&S more and start taking my vitamins again.

View attachment 255119

I guess my bra is quite low so I'm not far from mbl but my hair is layered so I need to wait for the rest of my hair to catch up!

Awesome progress---I'm just :drool: over your hair right now…so thick!!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hi ladies! Hair is doing fine. I'm chillin on my sulfur use for now. I need to give my scalp a break. However, I'm on Manetabolism vitamins now. I'll track my progress each month. Today is day four. I have three months worth. I have still been in my twists and braids. Mostly lazy styles like one large braid in the back made to look like a bun. :look:

I'm moving back to NYC soon, as I've landed a way better job than what I have. So I haven't been posting as much because I'm scatter brained trying to finagle my move.

isawstars

Hi ladies! Hair is doing fine. I'm chillin on my sulfur use for now. I need to give my scalp a break. However, I'm on Manetabolism vitamins now. I'll track my progress each month. Today is day four. I have three months worth. I have still been in my twists and braids. Mostly lazy styles like one large braid in the back made to look like a bun. :look:

I'm moving back to NYC soon, as I've landed a way better job than what I have. So I haven't been posting as much because I'm scatter brained trying to finagle my move.

Froreal3

congrats on the job! Safe travels.

I'm job hunting right now, ugh. I can't wait to be where you are and finally land something that I'm satisfied with.

Duchess007

Congratulations!!! :bighug: That is AWESOME news!

GettingKinky

Congrats on the new job Froreal3

I'm at the salon and my stylist is juggling 6 people. I'm going to be here forever...sigh.

But I am going to have her flat iron my hair and trim 1-2 inches of straight ends off. I'll be back with pictures.

Also the woman that I used to see here from time to time with long hair just walked in and my hair is longer than hers. :grin:

Beautifulwildflower

i guess i should step out the challenge.

im between cbl and apl with wierd hair.......

i am 20 weeks post virgin relaxer.

i was gonna relax next week but i wont i guess.
im again in a love and hate relationship with my hair.

as ive got fine hair.... its just not looking big enough which is annoying me.
im never satisfied no matter what i do.... it seems like its thinning too (medication)?? i dont know. i low manipulate although i do take hair doNw everyday...

im even thinking of transitionning back to natural and becoming a straight hair natural (like when i was a kid.... that long beautiful full hair) ... :-( wanna cry.

anyway im not relaxing for now because im not sure of what im gonna do.... transition or not.

i just saw my new growth after washing and it made me miss my natural hair..

it was time consuming for me but i dont know... im just so lost and upset of my hair.

coolsista-paris, I can hear your frustration :yep:. However, you have options. Sometimes we have stop and take a hair break. I can actually say I was startin to obsess about my hair getting to my goal length and thickness like yesterday (kinda like whatchin paint dry, lol!). So I'm wiggin it til June.

Anywho, I came across this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=340067&highlight=grow+thicker+hair, read the whole thing :yep:. I was reminded after reading the thread of this one summer I spent at my grandparents house, I ate tuna and jello (protein) almost everyday (they had lots of it :lol:) and my hair and nails grew like crazy. Ironically, at the time I didn't realize why. We'll needless to say I just ordered 100% Pure Gelatin from the vitaminshoppe online. It has 12 grams of protein. Check it out, it might be an option for you :grin:.

The relaxer also may be working against your hair too, though I know it makes it easier to manage. Hang in there, my sista!

_______________________________________:rosebud:

~Current hair length: BSL first time Nov 2013!! WooHoo!!:woohoo2:

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Kinky Curly Natural

~Goal month: Goal reached for BSL in Dec. 2013; April 2014 for MBL. Will do a length check in June.

~Post a beginning picture: Starting Dec. 1, 2013. Updated pics mid January 2014

Beautifulwildflower

thinking about waiting for my 2 yr baldiversary to do an update. Flat iron it real good, take a length check pic then get a trim and then length check it again.

I havent cut or trimmed the whole time but I pretty much keep it up. I usually only trim once a year but after the 1st year my ends were still like new. I'm sure now I will need a trim. Just dont know if its long enough to trim my self.

I've also been debating cutting it all together :look:

I primarily wear my hair either in a bun or a wng. And I really liked how my hair looked at this length in a wng

I would love to have a giant Mufasa lions mane but I think my hair is just too fine for that now. So to get the volume I want I think I have to stay short.

I'm torn :'( I need hair guidance! To all those who think your whoa will be over once you hit your hair goal YOU'RE WRONG!!! You will magically create new hair whoa lmfao

Mz.MoMo5235, your curl is too cute!! Don't cut :nono:!

_______________________________________:rosebud:

~Current hair length: BSL first time Nov 2013!! WooHoo!!:woohoo2:

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd: Kinky Curly Natural

~Goal month: Goal reached for BSL in Dec. 2013; April 2014 for MBL. Will be doing a length check in June.

~Post a beginning picture: Starting Dec. 1, 2013. Updated pics mid January 2014

GettingKinky

So I had my hair flat ironed for the first time since Dec. I had her chop 2.5 inches off. That's 6 months of progress. I'm freaking out a little, but I'm loving the blunt ends. The flatness at my roots not so much.

Attachments

• image-2236905537.jpg
    image-2236905537.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3498575610.jpg
    image-3498575610.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 101

Duchess007

So I had my hair flat ironed for the first time since Dec. I had her chop 2.5 inches off. That's 6 months of progress. I'm freaking out a little, but I'm loving the blunt ends. The flatness at my roots not so much.

Gorgeous! Your hair looks shiny and healthy!

GettingKinky

Thanks Duchess007. A cellophane treatment and a high temp flat iron can work wonders. As she was finishing I saw she had the iron @450. I'm glad I didn't see that earlier, but she mostly only did one pass.

Last edited:

jprayze

[USER=377491]GettingKinky[/USER];19953761 said:
Thanks Duchess007. A cellophane treatment and a high temp flat iron can work wonders. As she was finishing I saw she had the iron @450. I'm glad I didn't see that earlier, but she mostly only did one pass.

Are cellophane treatments and clear rinses the same thing?