Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braidqueen

Ok I have updates. Its been 2 weeks and the hair on my crown is FILLING in. I have hair growing outside my braids. Not fags from the braids actual hair on the scalp around the braids I just got redone 18 days ago. I'm happy cause I thought the bleach did permanent damage to my follicles.

I took pics so you ladies can see the size of the braids and the style I wear (just a ponytail cause I'm lazy). I took pics of the hair growth so I hope you can see it clearly. Pics will be up tomorrow after church cause I'm off to bed cause church starts at 7am.

CICI24

I would like to join.

What is your current length?

I just cut it to neck length

How long have you used in MN?

I just started today.

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?

I already had some mixed in Doo Gro hair grease.

What frequency will you apply it?

Every other day

Any other growth aids that you are using?

I will be taking my regular supplements daily.

Anything else you care to add:

jprayze

Wow. I need to go there. I was going to get mine today but CVS had it for $12 and up!

Thanks!

I went to Dollar General today and got some for $5.50. I'm still waiting on my Amazon order. The fun part is they keep it at the register, so I had to actually ask them for it...:blush:

chocolat79

What is your current length? NL unstretched (see pics)
How long have you used in MN? 2 days (consistently)
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Mixed with hemp seed oil, sulfur, and garlic oil
What frequency will you apply it? Every night and sometimes twice a day
Any other growth aids that you are using? Nioxin supplements, oil concoction, Biotin 5mg, Pantothenic acid

Starting Pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 43

braidqueen

Hey All,
I've attached my photos. One of them shows the style and size of my braids and they're done with human extensions. Another shows and up close view so you can see how much space was between my braids because the bleach left me nothing but fuzz and thin fuzz at that. The other 2 show how I now have growth in between those spaces. I've been waiting for my crown to fill in and now its begun.

If you can see the attachments I'll put them in my album in a few minutes.

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

pinkness27

What is your current length? SL
How long have you used MN? May 21st will mark 3 months
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? MN mixed with jbco, sulfur, and MT on my edges and MN, OCT, and garlic pills squeezed into gueye braid spray for the rest of my hair
What frequency will you apply it? 2x a day for the edges and once a day for rest of hair
Any other growth aids that you are using? Hairfinity...may switch to Nature Life's Marine Collagen

Last edited:

mamaore

Melting my mn and applying it to my scalp!!!!

@DivaJones be careful with the heat. I think I read on the original MN thread that heat makes MN ineffective.

My first check-in. I couldn't start on the 1st of May because I had to wait 1 week Post TU before starting.

I already started to feel the slight tingle.

Last edited:

sajjy

starting picture: May,7th 2012
[URL=http://hotimg23.fotki.com/p/a/24_148/9_246/IMG_0666408.jpg][IMG]http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/24_148/9_246/IMG_0666408.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

jprayze

I'm catching up with all the weekend updates...weekend was busy but beautiful! I went to the salon and got my hair pincurled turned out really pretty...I can't do a length check until these curls fall :yep:

Everyone, please check and make sure your name is on the list of challengers if you joined recently. If not, PM me.

braidqueen Great process! :grin:

jprayze

@DivaJones be careful with the heat. I think I read on the original MN thread that heat makes MN ineffective.

My first check-in. I couldn't start on the 1st of May because I had to wait 1 week Post TU before starting.

I already started to feel the slight tingle.

I remember that about heat too...

braidqueen

I'm catching up with all the weekend

braidqueen Great process! :grin:

Thank you. I know length check is important to everyone but my major concern is regrowth to my badly bleach-burnt crown. The hair growing on the scalp between the braid assures me I'm going to have the fullness and thickness I did before my tragedy.

Veeda

Thank you. I know length check is important to everyone but my major concern is regrowth to my badly bleach-burnt crown. The hair growing on the scalp between the braid assures me I'm going to have the fullness and thickness I did before my tragedy.
Congrats BraidQueen. How are you using your MN...straight or mixing?

Thx

Mznelly

ok I know I'm super late but I want to join lol

What is your current length?unsure I'm guessing sl? What do you guys think

How long have you used in MN?Never used it

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Direct unless I start getting a headache then I'll mix it with some sheabutter

What frequency will you apply it? Once a day every day

Any other growth aids that you are using? Mega tek mixed with evco jojoba Castro oil peppermint and grape seed oil

Anything else you care to add: I have a few problems area from doing too many tight ponytails. I've also noticed one side of my head is longer than the other. This is due my negligence with my leave out while I was on my weavy wonder escapades I'm praying mn helps me with this

[

Attachments

• image-2467985218.jpg
    image-2467985218.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2229618442.jpg
    image-2229618442.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 81
  • image-427696560.jpg
    image-427696560.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3882193595.jpg
    image-3882193595.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

jessicarabbit

checking in. this morning after i did a yummy black/lavender/chamomille tea rinse, I applied my JBCO/sulfur mix. tonight i just applied mn/whipped shea mix to my scalp, m&s'd, and am ghe'ing right now.

braidqueen

Congrats BraidQueen. How are you using your MN...straight or mixing?

Thx

The mixture I have now is African Pride grease (LOVE the smell) and MN. just those 2 and I apply 3 times a week and maybe a little more on my edges. I'm going to get my hair redone next week but just the first two or three rows tighten up so I'll take pics of the new growth then. That'll would make my time about a month on MN.

mamaore

Anyone experience itching :look: I think my hair has the itchies. Its either the MN or Beemine Balanced Moisturizer.

sheanu

mamaore said:
Anyone experience itching :look: I think my hair has the itchies. Its either the MN or Beemine Balanced Moisturizer.

I do occasionally but mostly tingly goodness for hours sometimes lol. When it itches I just spritz some water on.

Status
Not open for further replies.