My Quick Weave: step by step (pictures included)

peppers01

Yeah...and how do you avoid accidentally cutting your own hair when you cut the stockings?

I use a straight razor to cut the stocking cap by picking it up on the edge and gently and carefully slide it upward, while leaving my finger that's lifting the stocking cap on my hair that is it in a small braid.

peppers01

How do you maintain your edges

I use the Salon Pro 30 second super bond remover to get the glue off. I do that before washing. I saturate my hair with this oil, then take a small tooth comb, and gently comb the glue out. The oil loosens it so well that only glue slide off without taking my hair. I also spray oil on my hair all over before putting the caps on, so that glue doesn't go too deep.

This may be a very elementary question, but what keeps the stocking cap from slipping off once you've cut it?

Good question! It's the way I put the stocking caps on. The first one covers from the front to the back fully. The second one covers from the back, about an inch above the first one, and in the front about an inch above the first one. The last one covers, in the back, to the same position as the second one, and in the front where my real part ends (Look at the picture to see how the part is made to see what I mean). Hope that helps!

teenie

This may be a very elementary question, but what keeps the stocking cap from slipping off once you've cut it?

I was wondering the same thing...I saw a girl on you tube who had left hair out but she had her hair braided underneath and sewed the stocking to her hair where she had cut it, to hold it in place but that made it unremovable:sad:......

BTW original poster I really like this idea and I'm gonna try it....it makes me think of the U wigs.

LovelyLisa

I love the 27 piece quick weaves too! I have stopped wearing LF's because of hairline issues and this quick weave is quick and I love it.

I wear 2 wig caps and no glue seeps in at all. So I will take off this weekend and sew on the tracks so I can just take off. Wash and go. I bought the Indian Remy.

I love this new way! I used to be the person who would wear weaves and just use Gel and glue would eat up my hair.