Which protective style promotes the best hair growth ?

Which protective style gave you the most hair growth?

• Bunning/Updo's/Pony's

Votes: 266 47.6%
  • Braids/Cornrolls

Votes: 201 36.0%
  • Wraps/Extensions

Votes: 39 7.0%
  • Others please specify

Votes: 53 9.5%

• Total voters

AshMoBev

QUESTION....for those that say Bunns are best....do you bunn after your hair is straightened or when wet????

rben

I prefer wet as my hair comes out so much more manageable and it looks sleeker. If I let it airdry first it curls up into ringlets and makes a great wash and go but a messy bun :)

Aviah

I'm best with cornrows/ twists to rest the hairline now and then. And even in twists its up most of the time. Buns still make me have to comb it 2x per day (to moisturize and seal) vs 1x per week. Of course I moisturize daily in braids, but there's less combing involved. Its all about less manipulation for my fine strands.

Stella B.

Any protective style where the ends are tucked away gets my vote for retention! There's so many-buns, ponys, braids, twist-outs, they're great in helping to protect the ends!

remilaku

To me it is dreadlocks. This is the best protective style I have ever had! One you don't ever have to take down.

CurliDiva

Although I love braids......I just discovered this summer that BUN promotes the best growth for me.

I noticed in spite of my best efforts that when braiding my natural hair (no extensions) the ends would curl/wrap around each other and I would have to rip (yes - I hear a ripping sound) to pulling them apart.

This summer I got lazy and did even feel like braiding my hair. So I would just gather my hair in a low bun with the ends tucked, which I undid every night.

This cause zero stress for my ends and my hair is retaining length!:grin:

a_shoe_6307

Braids for me. I see the most retention when I braid my hair while growing it out. It makes it soft and keeps my hands out of my hair (I get chop happy and frustrated when my hair is in the in between stages).

ellehair

okay so far into my journey, wigs have been the best PS in retaining length cause im not playing in my hair and I am able to treat my hair underneath as many time per week as I need to.

lilanie

Hmm, I voted other... I would have to say my beanie, since it has been 3 months since I did a bc. I cowash, put on my leavin and keep it movin...

Lovestyr

I voted other because I wear sew ins twice a year and typically leave them in for 2 months. And the rest f the year I wear lace front wigs. It has worked for me either way as long as the hair is left alone it will grow..:spinning:

Diva_Esq

Wet bunning works best for me! Quick, easy, sleek and neat, and very professional. My hair is tucked from all of the things that could harm it. ME LIKIE! :)

goodmorningruby

Reviving an old thread....:look:
I want to see how the "Gibson" updo (a modified version, think Ballerina Bun) and conventional bunning will work out for me in the near future, but so far all I've done is used bobby pins/hair pins and jaw clips to keep the hair up. Works for me. No breakage or problems of any kind. PSing is a no brainer for me, because I do not like to wear my hair down....ever.