Dr. Miracle and Groganics

Poetrygirl

I was in a beauty supply store and they had a big displays for Dr. Miracles and Groganics. I have heard of Dr. Miracles through the cheesy commercials but does this product work. If any of you have tried or know someone who has, please post your reviews.

Groganics, I had never heard of but the African American sales lady said that she had a alot of customers come in asking for it so they ordered it and she said within 3 days the product was sold out and she had to re-order. I looked it up on the net and here is what I found:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]How does Groganics work? DHT Blocker System uses the natural ingredients to attack, BLOCK and freeze DHT and slowly strengthen the follicle with promotes longer, stronger, thicker and healthier hair for both men and women. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]What is DHT? DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is the most potent naturally occurring androgen and is produced from Free Testoterone through the action of 5-alpha-reductace. 5-alpha-reductace concentrations are the highest in the perpheral tissues (hair follicles) Males and females suffer from the effects of DHT on the genetically predisposed hair follicles. Binding of DHT to the hair follicle result in gradual thinning and eventual hair loss. The older we get, the more DHT build-up we have in the scalp and follicle.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]Groganics DHT Blocker states that it: [/FONT][/FONT]Promotes Hair Growth, Prevents Thinning Hair, Freezes & Blocks DHT, Stimulates & Strengthens Follicles, Increases blood flow to the scalp
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]They have several products and was wondering has anyone ever tried these lines of products and if so what are your reviews. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

hothair

Never heard of Groganics :scratchch but Dr Miracle:nono: *Warning* step away from the aisle, do a search, my sis burnt her hairline with one of their oils terrible thing it took months to heal.

trini_rican

I think Dr. Miracles is growing my edges back I've only put it on a few times for the past few weeks and its not as thick as it was but the hair is back. I did use a bit of Rosemary Oil twice as well I alternated between the two on wash days.

Blossssom

I heard something negative about Dr. Miracle, but can't recall what it was.

I would avoid it and try the Organic Temple Balm.

trini_rican

I was in a beauty supply store and they had a big displays for Dr. Miracles and Groganics. I have heard of Dr. Miracles through the cheesy commercials but does this product work. If any of you have tried or know someone who has, please post your reviews.

Groganics, I had never heard of but the African American sales lady said that she had a alot of customers come in asking for it so they ordered it and she said within 3 days the product was sold out and she had to re-order. I looked it up on the net and here is what I found:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]How does Groganics work? DHT Blocker System uses the natural ingredients to attack, BLOCK and freeze DHT and slowly strengthen the follicle with promotes longer, stronger, thicker and healthier hair for both men and women. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]What is DHT? DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is the most potent naturally occurring androgen and is produced from Free Testoterone through the action of 5-alpha-reductace. 5-alpha-reductace concentrations are the highest in the perpheral tissues (hair follicles) Males and females suffer from the effects of DHT on the genetically predisposed hair follicles. Binding of DHT to the hair follicle result in gradual thinning and eventual hair loss. The older we get, the more DHT build-up we have in the scalp and follicle.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]Groganics DHT Blocker states that it: [/FONT][/FONT]Promotes Hair Growth, Prevents Thinning Hair, Freezes & Blocks DHT, Stimulates & Strengthens Follicles, Increases blood flow to the scalp

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]They have several products and was wondering has anyone ever tried these lines of products and if so what are your reviews. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

see highlighted - that's why men go bald. If it's increasing the blood flow and strengthens the follicles it's like gold to people with patterned baldness starting to occur - sounds like good stuff. How much was it?

sjprincess182

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif]Groganics DHT Blocker states that it: [/FONT][/FONT]Promotes Hair Growth, Prevents Thinning Hair, Freezes & Blocks DHT, Stimulates & Strengthens Follicles, Increases blood flow to the scalp

[/FONT]

DHT is the hormone that causes hair lost (in mostly men..hence the name dihydrotestosterone). As you get older DHT inceases and like this product says, it freezes and blocks DHT to reduce hair lost (this is EXACTLY how Rogaine works)...BUT you will not get any new growth from this it just helps decrease (not stop) the lost of hair already on ur head....so i would only recommend this if your balding....otherwise this product won't do much for you...

tenjoy

THis means you would have to put it on your scalp?

I dont put anything on my scalp, your hair is going to grow regardless, so I am focusing on retaining my ends. leavin's and sealing with oil is all i need day to day. I leave my scalp alone.

I wouldn't touch it personally, and depending on the price, compared to rogaine, it probably isnt that potent anyway. And if it is costly, it may be a marketing ploy or the baby of supply and demand.

Dr. Miracle prides itself on the tingleing - got people thinking its "working". Icy Hot in a jar does not make your hair grow!:ohwell:

Last edited:

lotusspecter

DHT is the hormone that causes hair lost (in mostly men..hence the name dihydrotestosterone). As you get older DHT inceases and like this product says, it freezes and blocks DHT to reduce hair lost (this is EXACTLY how Rogaine works)...BUT you will not get any new growth from this it just helps decrease (not stop) the lost of hair already on ur head....so i would only recommend this if your balding....otherwise this product won't do much for you...

Actually, no one knows the exact mechanism by which minoxidil works on hair follicles but it does NOT block DHT. It was originally a blood pressure medication that lowers blood pressure through vasodilation. It's not certain if this vasodilating property is what causes positive effects on hair.

As for Dr. Miracles, I haven't used it myself but I've heard too many negative experiences to try it. I guess it's hit or miss.

Poetrygirl

Thank you ladies, I got more information on the Groganics by going back to the beauty supply store and talking to the manager. She said that the women that asked for it were buying it because they had bald spots in area of their heads.

It was costly. $9.99 for an 8oz bottle.

I tried the Dr. Miracles Damaged Hair Medicated Treatment, which is a deep conditioner. My hair is not damaged but someone told me that this was a great conditioner. I left it on my hair for 20 mins. It was super thick and smelled like pepermint and ecalyptus, it tingled but nothing too serious. I then rinsed and wased with the Dr. Miracles 2 in 1 Tingling Shampoo and Conditioner, which realy tingles. When I was done I did an ApHOGEE 2 minute Kertain Treatment, roller set the mid section of my hair and wrapped the rest using ApHOGEE Pro-vitamin Leave in Conditioner. I can honestly say that my hair has never been this full of body (without appearing too limp) and shiny. ApHOGEE is one of my staples so I have to attribute the shine and the bounce to Dr. Miracles.

I was warned about the hair balms and tingling growth aids because a friend said that it burned her sides out, so I will not use them but the conditioner and shampoo got great reviews from some other ladies and to me it seems alright, atleast so far so good. :grin:

Last edited: