MSM Cream

chickory_bee

Can I use this in my hair...or should I not since it's for the body/skin?

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?xs=7352CA4FE65E47B381115622E4B9F1EF&PID=246&CID=&CPID=67

KAT25

sounds like a hair winner keep us posted on your results :grin: :grin:

ETA: ingredient list
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is a source of naturally-occurring sulfur. This popular dietary supplement has now been formulated into a nutrient-riched, moisturizing cream. We've blended soothing emollients, such as Jojoba Oil and Sweet Almond Oil, with Collagen, Aloe Vera, and the Vitamins E, A and D. This combination of beneficial vitamins, oils and herbs works together to soften, smooth and moisturize the skin.

Last edited:

SelfStyled

I am wondering the same thing, the ingredients of the one at whole foods are:

MSM CREAM
INGREDIENTS:
Aloe Vera Gel, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Soybean
Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glycerin,
Caledula Officinalis Extract (Calendula Extract). Camellia
Oleifera Extract (Green tea extract). Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Lecithin, Methylparaben,
Propylparaben.

These ingredients sound really good. Has anyone succesfully used this cream for growth?

PassionFruit

I bought this 1 from WHole Foods before I went on my Ayurvedic kick... didnt use it long enough to notice any results

http://www.atlastnaturals.com/msm.htm

Born Again MSM Cream is a:
15% MSM cr.
8,505 mg in 2 oz. jar
375 mg in 1/2 teaspoon

MSM CREAM INGREDIENTS:
Aloe Vera Gel, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Caledula Officinalis Extract (Calendula Extract). Camellia Oleifera Extract (Green tea extract). Tocopherol (Vitamin E). Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Lecithin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Ingredients:
The key ingredient is MSM, is a naturally occurring organic source of sulfur with multiple functions in the body. It is found in all living organisms and is present in our body fluids and tissues. It is found in many foods such as fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and milk, but is commonly lost during storage and cooking. Sulfur is a critical component of many important amino acids contained in our cellular proteins. Simply put, MSM is organic sulfur that is essential to a healthy body.

Organic sulfur, often called Nature’s Beauty Mineral, plays an essential role in the health and maintenance of the collagen and elastin of the skin and is vital for the formation of healthy cells. MSM is rated as one of the least toxic substances in nature. It is considered no more toxic than water. MSM does not stimulate the allergic reactions commonly caused by sulfate and sulfide forms of sulfur. Benenficial effects from regular usage of Born Again MSM Cream and Soap include a noticeable improvement in skin firmness, smoothness and tone.

Other key ingredients:
Aloe vera. Activates immune cells, particularly the mactophages. Promotes healing. Aloe Vera contains anthraquinone glycosides, mannins, saponins, sterols and resins. Aloe Vera functions as an excellent emollient and leaves the skin with a shiny non-greasy film and a soft feel.

Soybean Oil. A vegetable oil tha is the primary source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) EFAs are necessary for healthy bodies and skin. Soybean oil contains small amounts of beneficial tocopherols, sterols, carotenoids and trace elements.

Calendula Officinalis. A traditional herb with the common name of Pot Marigold. It contains carotenoids, flavonoids, and saponins. Calendula promotes healing and soothes the skin.

Camellia Oleifera. Commonly called Green Tea, this herb soothes the skin and provides important anti-oxidant benefits.

Vitamins A, C and E. Important tissue repairing anti-oxidants.

Other Ingredients:
Aloe Vera Gel, Pure MSM, Camomile Extract, Calendula Extract, Vitamins A, C, & E, Essential Oil of Orange in a natural vegetable base soap.

SelfStyled

I bought this 1 from WHole Foods before I went on my Ayurvedic kick... didnt use it long enough to notice any results

http://www.atlastnaturals.com/msm.htm

Born Again MSM Cream is a:
15% MSM cr.
8,505 mg in 2 oz. jar
375 mg in 1/2 teaspoon

MSM CREAM INGREDIENTS:
Aloe Vera Gel, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Caledula Officinalis Extract (Calendula Extract). Camellia Oleifera Extract (Green tea extract). Tocopherol (Vitamin E). Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Lecithin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Ingredients:
The key ingredient is MSM, is a naturally occurring organic source of sulfur with multiple functions in the body. It is found in all living organisms and is present in our body fluids and tissues. It is found in many foods such as fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and milk, but is commonly lost during storage and cooking. Sulfur is a critical component of many important amino acids contained in our cellular proteins. Simply put, MSM is organic sulfur that is essential to a healthy body.

Organic sulfur, often called Nature’s Beauty Mineral, plays an essential role in the health and maintenance of the collagen and elastin of the skin and is vital for the formation of healthy cells. MSM is rated as one of the least toxic substances in nature. It is considered no more toxic than water. MSM does not stimulate the allergic reactions commonly caused by sulfate and sulfide forms of sulfur. Benenficial effects from regular usage of Born Again MSM Cream and Soap include a noticeable improvement in skin firmness, smoothness and tone.

Other key ingredients:
Aloe vera. Activates immune cells, particularly the mactophages. Promotes healing. Aloe Vera contains anthraquinone glycosides, mannins, saponins, sterols and resins. Aloe Vera functions as an excellent emollient and leaves the skin with a shiny non-greasy film and a soft feel.

Soybean Oil. A vegetable oil tha is the primary source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) EFAs are necessary for healthy bodies and skin. Soybean oil contains small amounts of beneficial tocopherols, sterols, carotenoids and trace elements.

Calendula Officinalis. A traditional herb with the common name of Pot Marigold. It contains carotenoids, flavonoids, and saponins. Calendula promotes healing and soothes the skin.

Camellia Oleifera. Commonly called Green Tea, this herb soothes the skin and provides important anti-oxidant benefits.

Vitamins A, C and E. Important tissue repairing anti-oxidants.

Other Ingredients:
Aloe Vera Gel, Pure MSM, Camomile Extract, Calendula Extract, Vitamins A, C, & E, Essential Oil of Orange in a natural vegetable base soap.

Darn it Passion fruit! I am in agreement with you about hair being an extension of the skin. I am trying to resist the urge to go shopping at whole foods today:rolleyes:.

chickory_bee

I just got kinky twists, so I started using the MSM cream in my hair. Its only been a few days, but if I notice any sudden growth spurts, I will be sure to report...