2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LoveisYou

some days it feels like I am just putting one foot in front of the other, always on the go. I need to be still and let God guide me

LoveisYou

GIVE ME A QUIET MIND

When winds are blowing, waves are rising, falling
And all the air is full of dust and spray;
When voices, like to sea birds’ plaintive calling,
Confuse my day;

Then, then I know Thee, Lord of highest heaven
In newborn need discover Thee, and find
Nought can discomfort him to whom is given
A quiet mind.

When hopes have failed, and heavy sadness crusheth,
And doubt and fear would weave their deadly spell,
Then thought of Thee my troubled spirit husheth;
And all is well.

In midnight hours when weariness ignoreth
Heaven’s starry host, and battle wounds are mine,
Then Thy right hand uplifteth and outpoureth
Love’s oil and wine.

O Blessed Lord, beyond the moment’s sorrow
I see above, beaneath, before, behind–
Eternal Love. Give me today, tomorrow,
A quiet mind.

(From the collected poems of Amy Carmichael)

Iwanthealthyhair67

I realize that it is when we are made 'uncomfortable' that's when we will pray, in fact that's when we will find ourselves on the church porch waiting to open the doors...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I guess I really mean things about myself, who I am, who I should be, what I want....what I have learned....I don't know. I'm so confused about EVERYTHING.

You are a child of God... deeply loved. That's all you need to be; all you need learn, all you need to know. The rest is relative, just flow with God. :yep:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I'm continuing to pray for my kid brother. At first, when I would put it on the Christian music station, he would ask to change it to a Top 40 station and was irritated that I wouldn't. This last time though, he didn't complain at all and was actually humming along. Then this evening, after hearing my sister and I talk about the homeless in the city and asking me why more people don't help, I said that some people feel that people have made too many mistakes and so they don't want to help them. He said that God forgave the Israelites "like 8 times" (we then agreed it was way more than that) and that we are to forgive people for their mistakes because we were created in His image. Then I said "If we experience God's forgiveness..." and he finished with "then we should forgive others."

I'm just extremely happy to hear him speak openly about the Lord and pray that Jesus would capture his young heart out of this world.

Shimmie

Staff member
I realize that it is when we are made 'uncomfortable' that's when we will pray, in fact that's when we will find ourselves on the church porch waiting to open the doors...

Wow... what you just shared reminded me of something God saved me from; it was a number of years ago, but reading your post just now about the Church porch, just opened my memory in full HD Color format.

I'll share it with you by this weekend in Laela 's thread about the 'Rattlesnake'.

'Healthy Hair' you have a Ministry for opening eyes.....' Praise God'.

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm continuing to pray for my kid brother. At first, when I would put it on the Christian music station, he would ask to change it to a Top 40 station and was irritated that I wouldn't. This last time though, he didn't complain at all and was actually humming along. Then this evening, after hearing my sister and I talk about the homeless in the city and asking me why more people don't help, I said that some people feel that people have made too many mistakes and so they don't want to help them. He said that God forgave the Israelites "like 8 times" (we then agreed it was way more than that) and that we are to forgive people for their mistakes because we were created in His image. Then I said "If we experience God's forgiveness..." and he finished with "then we should forgive others."

I'm just extremely happy to hear him speak openly about the Lord and pray that Jesus would capture his young heart out of this world.

God is your brother's Alpha and Omega.... He who has begun a good work in him will surely continue until the day of Jesus Christ. :love2: Amen..

Iwanthealthyhair67

Lord, thank you for knowing what I have need of before I even ask...

I've noticed that you haven't done anything so I'm praying to remind you that these bills are due:

credit cards
electricity
rent
car needs to be serviced
water and sewerage
cable
telephone
school fee

lol .....he is the supplier of our needs not a genie in a bottle

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

looking forward to it...

Wow... what you just shared reminded me of something God saved me from; it was a number of years ago, but reading your post just now about the Church porch, just opened my memory in full HD Color format.

I'll share it with you by this weekend in @Laela 's thread about the 'Rattlesnake'.

'Healthy Hair' you have a Ministry for opening eyes.....' Praise God'.

Iwanthealthyhair67

being content in whatever state your in, does not mean having extra money to buy hair products, make up and a wig and a pair of skinny jeans

what it means is that I gonna do without something (that I really don't need anyway) and still see the 'bright' side and still stay on the 'blessed' side

Nice & Wavy

MarriageMaterial,

God says that the enemy and his assignment against you has been "chopped" and that he no longer will have authority over your finances.

You are about to see the Lord as Captain of the Hosts in your life!!!

Stand still and see the power of the Lord!

I bless the Lord and His word concerning you.

GLORY!!!

Iwanthealthyhair67

okay this is my last one....I think

There is this lady who walks the highway from time to time with a large sign around her neck which reads; "REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!!!"

I wonder, is she practicing common sense? cause sometimes it's hot out there and that sign can't be comfortable around her neck, not to mention a few passers by (possibly even some family members) who think she is crazy and sends a heckle her way...

Sometimes God asks us to do some foolish things that confound the wisdom of men... only those who have surrendered there lives to Him can do the things that he asks, HE is not concerned about our comfort he is more concerned about our character

Renewed1

Thank you! <hugs>

@MarriageMaterial,

God says that the enemy and his assignment against you has been "chopped" and that he no longer will have authority over your finances.

You are about to see the Lord as Captain of the Hosts in your life!!!

Stand still and see the power of the Lord!

I bless the Lord and His word concerning you.

GLORY!!!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Do you know someone who is called to be a missionary and seeking a good program to serve? There lots of missionaries there, but I've never heard of one quite like this one... please, pass this on. God bless~

Link to Web site for more info on the 3-month program, deployment dates, etc. -> Cafe 1040

JeterCrazed

One winter it was so cold. I was in 8th grade, so about 13 and a bird got in the hallway when I was coming in the house. I was careful to close the door behind me so it wouldn't get in. My sister is deathly affraid of birds. Not 3 min later, I see the bird flapping inside the house. :shocked: Crap. :look:

"Ma!!!" Moms is from Mississippi. She got the bird to fly out the window.

"If you closed the door behind you like you said you did, the bird wouldna got in!"
"Ma! I did!"

10 minutes pass. The bird is back inside the house. :huh:

"Ma!!!!" :couchfire: My sister screams with the bird flying behind her. :lol:

Got the bird back out the window. At this point, I'm :lachen:

We're laughing and I'm thinking how deathly cold it is outside and why the bird was still in NJ. As I'm talking, I look down to the front door to see the bird squeezing its little body underneath to once find itself inside the house. At this point, I beg my mother to let the bird stay in my room for the night. "But ma! Peter denied Jesus 3 times!" She agreed. I got a shoe box and lined it with cotton balls and tissue and put it next to the radiator. My sister is screaming, "That thing is gonna gouge your eyes out!" I yell back, "If you wanna go to hell, go by yourself!!"

After flapping around the room for a few seconds and burning itself a little on the lamp, the bird flapped down into the shoe box and slept the whole night.

In the morning, my mother let the bird out and it never came back.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of Haiti's earthquake..wow..two years, gone by. Let us continue to keep Haiti in prayer as this island nation continues to rebuild/heal while God the Father watches over it and its people.

He is the Overseer of Overcomers indeed! Amein~

Guitarhero

Hmmmm, CNN segment "Explain It to Me"?????? CNNBelief.com promotion

Subject...John 3:16

Interesting. Then moving on to Tebow with the scripture written on his anti-reflector paint on his face.

joy2day

Lord I thank you for another day. You have been good to me. You have kept me. You said you would make my enemies my footstool, and I see you unfolding this scripture before my very eyes.

Your Word will always prevail!

Shimmie

Staff member
Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of Haiti's earthquake..wow..two years, gone by. Let us continue to keep Haiti in prayer as this island nation continues to rebuild/heal while God the Father watches over it and its people.

He is the Overseer of Overcomers indeed! Amein~

Amein, In Jesus' Precious Name 'Amein'.

Guitarhero

I do not wish to see anyone hampered from participating here by feeling uncomfortable with any of the discussions. This'll be my last post in the CF.

Last edited:

TraciChanel

Romans 14:10-13 (NLT):
"So why do you condemn another believer? Why do you look down on another believer? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. For the Scriptures say “‘As surely as I live,’ says the LORD, every knee will bend to me,
and every tongue will confess and give praise to God.’” Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall."

TraciChanel

Guitarhero, I'm not sure why you're not posting anymore, but I think that you are a valuable contributor to this forum. Don't let anyone make you feel like you shouldn't post here if you choose to OR that you are making people feel uncomfortable.

LifeafterLHCF

Lord bless my babies.Those are my girls.Please don't let the lack of love and affection hinder them.Help them to pray and help them to be what you made them to be.They can be used by your father.Thank you Lord for the little money I had and allowing it to stretch so I could enjoy them.God you have me real humble right now.Maybe its hormonal and a mixture of humble bc I want to cry when the 14 yr old said can you be my god mama.Ladies Im 26 Im no ones mama but I would for that baby.Her hugs are so hard bc she craves love.She gives her soul away bc she wants to be seen.Lord bless the babies everywhere.