2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

BostonMaria

Lord, please cover this family as they bury the most precious 6 month old baby girl I have ever seen. The grief and loss is overwhelming. Added to the fact that her father has admitted to killing her. Lord only you could bring this family into your arms and comfort them. Heal all the evil and anger and replace it with love. Let us as a church rally around them and overwhelm them with prayers and support. They need you now.
Amen....

crlsweetie912 say what?!!! That's horrible! I'm so sorry!

crlsweetie912

crlsweetie912 say what?!!! That's horrible! I'm so sorry!

This guy and the child's mother go to our church. (as well and the guy's parents) That day he was supposed to take the baby to day care and did not. Why we don't understand. People admitted that he has said that he doesn't know why the baby "doesn't like him".....and cries all the time when she's around him.....so sometime during that day, he gives the baby something with codeine in it (the baby didn't have any prescription for codeine)....and possibly he shook her to try to revive her...(holding on to that right now because the other options are just unfathomable)...but she also had old burns to her face and neck and a healing fracture of the ribs..........crying now just thinking about what that baby went through.........

Iwanthealthyhair67

Jesus .......

This guy and the child's mother go to our church. (as well and the guy's parents) That day he was supposed to take the baby to day care and did not. Why we don't understand. People admitted that he has said that he doesn't know why the baby "doesn't like him".....and cries all the time when she's around him.....so sometime during that day, he gives the baby something with codeine in it (the baby didn't have any prescription for codeine)....and possibly he shook her to try to revive her...(holding on to that right now because the other options are just unfathomable)...but she also had old burns to her face and neck and a healing fracture of the ribs..........crying now just thinking about what that baby went through.........

sidney

So many prayer needs this week and heart wrenching news. I know we are already praying for Miss Loolalooh but lets please send extra prayers up for her. She does so much on this board. She reads anand thanks nearly EVERY thread and posts the bible study every week. She acknowledges everyones news good or sad. We pray that God sets a special blessing aside for her and restore her double. She loss multiple things but we pray that this low place sets her up for her high place. If I know the Lord like I think I do it will. Pray that she finds her place of worship. Dedicating Place of Worship to you Loolalooh by Marvin Sapp. I cant insert the video right now but we are thinking about you.

auparavant

I don't deserve this, L-rd. I am not good in my eyes. But I have asked you and you have given. Tunkashila! Grandfather! Help me to be worthy. Guide our path and send us out with protection. I thank you! Keep us and prosper us. Guard us from corruption on all sides. Let us be worthy of your gifts. Grandfather, I thank you!! In your Son, the one from the sacred tree, Jesus, I thank you.

LifeafterLHCF

I'm tired Lord I'm at a loss of words. I will keep holding to your word. I don't know why I feel very isolated and unable to connect with anymore. It's alot of energy to push myself out. God I will keep studying and keep pressing for the goal. I can't cut myself or anyrthing I have to stay strong and stand while going through.

loolalooh

So many prayer needs this week and heart wrenching news. I know we are already praying for Miss Loolalooh but lets please send extra prayers up for her. She does so much on this board. She reads anand thanks nearly EVERY thread and posts the bible study every week. She acknowledges everyones news good or sad. We pray that God sets a special blessing aside for her and restore her double. She loss multiple things but we pray that this low place sets her up for her high place. If I know the Lord like I think I do it will. Pray that she finds her place of worship. Dedicating Place of Worship to you Loolalooh by Marvin Sapp. I cant insert the video right now but we are thinking about you.

This post brought a tear to my eyes. I am so grateful for you all. Every last one of you. This Christian Forum gives me life. Thank you and love you all, ladies.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
My surgery is sch for the 20th, Lord keep me near as I move forward. I admit Father that I'm afraid, but I take comfort in knowing that you're here with me. I know that you'll carry me through this and I thank you in advance for loving me unconditionally.

LifeafterLHCF

The hardest thing to do when you feel like quitting and I mean real quitting like checking out permantently is standing. Eph 6 tells we are commanded to stand firm. Nothing looks right,money is def funny,feel like a total failure for a 26 yr old,no man,no one gives a darn about me,not anything to this world but I'm commissioned to stand firm in the mighty word of God. I will push and be what God called me even though I don't believe it fully yet eventually it will take root.

sidney

Finally came to one of the prayer sessions last night...thank you Lord for praying women and for the fellowship and ministry of women! Health&hair28 Shimmie...lovely prayers for the women here! God heard every last request. There is no greater way to show love for others than to pray for them.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
The hardest thing to do when you feel like quitting and I mean real quitting like checking out permantently is standing. Eph 6 tells we are commanded to stand firm. Nothing looks right,money is def funny,feel like a total failure for a 26 yr old,no man,no one gives a darn about me,not anything to this world but I'm commissioned to stand firm in the mighty word of God. I will push and be what God called me even though I don't believe it fully yet eventually it will take root.

GoddessMaker, keep pushing sis, keep holding on. I wish you lived in Houston, you remind me so much of my sister. Stand firm in God's promises and never forget that he loves you unconditionally.

LifeafterLHCF

Lord thank you for letting me know who I allowed in my home. This man I was so heavy for basically said I prayed for you and is the reason I got my current job. Lord I have faith in you and you alone. I know you provided such. I know I had sisters here praying for me that seek nothing but me to be all you made me God. This man basically felt I should be grateful and do things of the sexual sense more bc he prayed. Lord thank you for him rejecting me. I wasn't good enough for him Lord thank you Lord for keeping me and loving me when I was too high and mighty to love myself properly. I didn't nor have I loved myself which isn't godly bc you are love God. Mercy you provide Lord thank you. Help me to continue standing in you.

LoveisYou

"Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?" (Gal. 4:8-9 NIV)

How is it the Word knows exactly the questions I needed it to ask me?

LoveisYou

I needed to read the below. The past 3 months I've felt a lot of negative emotions, said a lot of negative things and had a stinky attitude. I've been worried, despondent and doubtful. I have withdrawn within instead of crying out to You, talking to you. Because I lacked faith. Lord please forgive me. I didn't trust in You like I should, but I trust You now, I trust You with my life, with my entire being.

"A Christian with a growing and alive relationship with Jesus is bound to have a more positive than negative attitude. I recognize that some people are more upbeat than others, but I can't see how Christians who are really pouring God's Word into their minds regularly and applying it to their lives could be complaining, critical, negative people all the time. It's like oil and water; they don't mix.

Of course, it would be easy to be positive if we lived in perfect worlds. But none of us do. We have lots of negative things happening to us regularly, and they can wipe us out if we're not careful. If you're like me, you need an attitude check-up occasionally, to make sure you're staying on the positive side.

Don't you think Christians should have positive outlooks and attitudes? We have so much to be positive about; we have hope and a future. And yet, sadly, many of us are just as negative as those who don't know Jesus."

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Finally came to one of the prayer sessions last night...thank you Lord for praying women and for the fellowship and ministry of women! Health&hair28 Shimmie...lovely prayers for the women here! God heard every last request. There is no greater way to show love for others than to pray for them.

:kiss: Thank you so much Precious sidney. I feel your 'intercession' and your wisdom of the Lord is 'heeded' far more than you know.

In Jesus' Name... Amen.

LifeafterLHCF

Thank you Lord for another day. I am spirtually battling many things and I want to let go of them. I hate when I fail and stumble Lord. There are times when I would rather be ignorant of the world and be able to just think on the lollipops and gum drops like so many here do but that isn't my cup.

I was thinking while cleaning how nice it would be to be married and be able to go to church and be all great. I have no desire to enter a building called a church bc it's depressing and there aren't any places in my area that really excite me. I was sparked by this thinking due to one of the members here. She to me is the most beauitful woman and has a great hubby,she gets to do cool things like juice fast and be all pretty and has little ppl too. What I would give to have the pretty life for once but I think deep inside I know I'm not the pretty life type bc of my un-prettiness. Maybe one day it will all make sense and the lonely times the times I really desire human contact but can't will make sense..

crlsweetie912

I really just wanna punch somebody.....tired of always doing the right thing and being pissed on......yall please pray for me and my children.

Shimmie

Staff member
I am so scared to go to church. #thoughts

The answer is in your 'siggy' ...

God is 'there', just step into His loving hands, which are waiting there for you.

God has a message for you 'there' and the 'enemy' is trying to keep you from hearing it. Step on the devil on your way out of the door and run over him as you drive towards your House of Worship.

No hit and run charges will be set against you. It's justifiable with God.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I really just wanna punch somebody.....tired of always doing the right thing and being pissed on......yall please pray for me and my children.

:kiss: They're not worth messing up your pretty nails. :yep:

Always praying for you, precious Sweetie... always. :pray:

No weapon formed against you shall prosper; nothing said against you shall prevail.

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you Lord for another day. I am spirtually battling many things and I want to let go of them. I hate when I fail and stumble Lord. There are times when I would rather be ignorant of the world and be able to just think on the lollipops and gum drops like so many here do but that isn't my cup.

I was thinking while cleaning how nice it would be to be married and be able to go to church and be all great. I have no desire to enter a building called a church bc it's depressing and there aren't any places in my area that really excite me. I was sparked by this thinking due to one of the members here. She to me is the most beauitful woman and has a great hubby,she gets to do cool things like juice fast and be all pretty and has little ppl too. What I would give to have the pretty life for once but I think deep inside I know I'm not the pretty life type bc of my un-prettiness. Maybe one day it will all make sense and the lonely times the times I really desire human contact but can't will make sense..

You have as much beauty as anyone else... it's natural, it's real. It's you.

LilMissSunshine5

Sometimes, I want to be done with my family...especially my sister! Please pray for me & my family yall! I am trying to remember to show the love of Christ, but it has been tough lately! So much dysfunction I just wanna run far away...

LifeafterLHCF

Praise him,praise him,praise him..

God I thank you for life. It's not what I had in my mind but in this time and space Lord you have placed me with what I need. I know my goals are lofty and I feel so unsure of myself. Lord help me to truly believe what you made me to be. Help me not to be so hard on myself. I honestly believe that if you suffer you will be better however I'm seeing that isn't as fruitful positively. I want to be great and I want to be able to say all I do is because of you. Help me God not to feel ashamed or low because I'm not able to go shopping,drop a g on the altar,go to a exotic land for vacation or even be able to fill my car up .Help me to know my occupation doesn't make me it's not my identity. My identity is a child of the most high God who is the same today,yesterday and furthermore. Help me not to crawl up in myself unnecessarily and give me the ability to touch people the way you would. We as little christ-christian we have the privilege to testify and encourage people. Have you ever needed a hug and no one was there? We have the great joy of being that one to give a hug. Sometimes like right now I yearn for touch. I know it's why I talked to a guy that I probable should not have. I know God loves me and wish he could hug me. Until that day comes I will cloak myself in his love and hopefully pass it to others.

LadyRaider

Happy Happy Happy! I loved "the little pastor's" sermon today. It was on one of my special topics... names... how important your name is because it is your connection to the person who named you or who you are named after and it's deeply cultural. His sermon was on the first part of Daniel. He preaches so much like my dear pastor in Austin! He doesn't quite hit things home... but he's probably 25 years younger than dear Dr. Bethune... he'll get there.

I will put my visitor card in the offering plate next Sunday WITH the "may a pastor call you?" box checked!

I've been a member of one church my whole life. It's a big deal for me to transfer my letter. Little steps.

LifeafterLHCF

The heavier the load the more God has entrusted in you. God goes with us while going through the storm. Like when a kid is in a dark scary place as long as they know they are holding their daddies hand they are comforted. Lord I know I don't always act like I should based on the knowledge I know but God. God has been there,was there and will keep being there. Even if what I'm going through never leaves me in this life I know when I go home it will be no more.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I can't expect to be spoon-fed the word. Just going to Sunday service is not enough for me or my spirit. I now know why Bible study and being a part of a ministry is important. I am part of the body of Christ, I must do my part. I must take the time to learn the word and stengthen my relationship with God. If I can't dedicate part of my day to him how can I expect him to dedicate his precious time to me?

auparavant

And eastern "blackrobe" came to speak to give the homily to the school mass last Friday and although it was not "new," it was somewhat of an eyeopener. Have rock-solid faith and believe that all what you ask for is done. Simple as that.

What are the 5 problems people experience in the road of life?

Fear

Anger

Insecurities

Trouble

Hate

but if you put the first letters together, FAITH helps you get over those rocks in the road.

Matthew 11: 22-26

• 22And Jesus answering, saith to them: Have the faith of God.
    23Amen I say to you, that whosoever shall say to this mountain, Be thou removed and be cast into the sea, and shall not stagger in his heart, but believe, that whatsoever he saith shall be done; it shall be done unto him.
    24Therefore I say unto you, all things, whatsoever you ask when ye pray, believe that you shall receive; and they shall come unto you.
    25And when you shall stand to pray, forgive, if you have aught against any man; that your Father also, who is in heaven, may forgive you your sins.
    26But if you will not forgive, neither will your Father that is in heaven, forgive you your sins.