2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LifeafterLHCF

God where you have placed me right now I guess is where you want me for now. I think I knew that already but didn't want to accept it. I had big dreams of being great but maybe that isn't what you have for me now. I will be content with the little until you increase me for your purpose. It's never easy to accept certain things and it doesn't make you higher or lower in how you deal as long as you don't sit in that too long. Hope all have a great week.

This weekend I have been not in the best physical shape. I sense that the enemy if you call it that doesn't want me to be at peace bc I'm figthing for it. See I have to now. I'm in a too familiar situation money wise and I don't want to blow this test again.

I'm loving my under the dryer time bc I have started reading my bible and old sermon notes dating back to 07 while under the dryer. Lord knows I hate that thing and hate sitting still or unable to move fluidly. Hair conditioned and soul replenished.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Got an uncle -- back in the day, he'd called us and we'd say "I'm coming," (with no intention to move) ... he'd knowingly reply "Well, stop coming, and come"

Nice Lady

God where you have placed me right now I guess is where you want me for now. I think I knew that already but didn't want to accept it. I had big dreams of being great but maybe that isn't what you have for me now. I will be content with the little until you increase me for your purpose. It's never easy to accept certain things and it doesn't make you higher or lower in how you deal as long as you don't sit in that too long. Hope all have a great week.

This weekend I have been not in the best physical shape. I sense that the enemy if you call it that doesn't want me to be at peace bc I'm figthing for it. See I have to now. I'm in a too familiar situation money wise and I don't want to blow this test again.

I'm loving my under the dryer time bc I have started reading my bible and old sermon notes dating back to 07 while under the dryer. Lord knows I hate that thing and hate sitting still or unable to move fluidly. Hair conditioned and soul replenished.

Don't believe the devil's lies. Still believe for the best and hold on. I am getting ready to go about my day.

Nice Lady

Dropping by and did a double-take...I needed this. Thank you!!!

Negative thoughts need to be dropped. Those thoughts are not true and we should never accept thoughts telling us what we cannot and won't become because things are not happening fast enough. I don't really post, but I looked and felt the need to.

LifeafterLHCF

I'm a bit confused. Maybe I just need to write this out. One is suppose to be content where they are ie Phil 4 12-13. However in the same breathe one is suppose to always aspire for more. I'm confused because I wonder if this calm in me now after I have decided to not pursue any advance degrees is not a calm because I'm doing the right thing but of relief that I'm not going to extremes. My life right now is so up in the air. I want to make a move but know I don't want to go out of God's plan because that just prolongs things.

It's not just my career and money either. The things I will be able to do are affected. I'm looking at my life in a whole. My physical self,relationships,heck down to how I operate spiritually. God please show me in your word what I am to do. I don't like feeling so uneasy about life. I don't want to be a loser and just be complacent like so many I have come in contact with. Prayer time before bed.

zora

I'm feeling really disheartened and disconnected in my marriage. We are not equally yoked on any level. I just don't know what to do. I need prayers.

Laela

Mid-year...this is so worthy of re-reading....

Lord, help me to keep my focus.

We have a work to do, women of God! Let us gather together and pray and love on each other...for the Harvest is going to great this year! There will be supernatural occurrences that will take place...a supernatural watering of the seeds that has been planted already in the hearts of those who have been reading the Word in this forum in 2011.

Be ready....be diligent and steadfast....but, keep your FOCUS!

Looking forward to a great year in ministry with you!

Love always....

Nice & Wavy

LongTimeComing

God is always so faithful.

So glad He's showing me the roots of somethings. I'd been praying the symptoms not the illness.

My blessing is coming down the pike and I'm SO excited!!

LifeafterLHCF

DO NOT QUOTE

God right now I feel so heavy. See I thought I was crazy or just mean but certain places I feel immediately heavy and tired. I felt this way working at the last workforce I was at and I feel it now to the point I'm drained daily. It's not good. God I'm having to dig into your word on my lunch daily bc well I feel like not living. I just wish you would take me home. I'm tired of trying and I'm tired of digging all the time. I'm tired of pouring and pouring. I'm tired of feeling like the butt of society joke. I'm doing all I can to live the right pure way but I fall. I am looked down upon by the rich and poor bc I aspire to be more but seem to not ever make the mark. I meet a lady today she was crying Lord why did you put in me to go console her Lord? You know I hate dealing with emotion it's not my bit. I will get someone responding to me later with a holy thought but right now Lord I'm as humanly drained and all the same spiritually. One thing I'm glad of Lord at least you listen I may not have a warm arm to comfort me but at least I know you hear you may not do anything but your there.

auparavant

Thank you, it couldn't have been possible without you and you even showed me much more. I'm sorry I'm not as appreciative as I should be. I do need you.

loolalooh

Have you ever looked back on an old post you wrote and caught your "past" self ministering to your "present" self?

BostonMaria

I once had a pastor tell me that God said "be still and know that I am God" I am holding on to that right now. It's so hard to sit still and just have faith.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sidney

There are some people sensitive to the spirit on this board, and some people who are going through right now...We don't know what God is doing...but we know how to trust Him...and we know how to Seek him...and we know how to humble ourselves...and how to love without fear....He is the one who has the answers!

SweetSimplicity

God help me to love as you love. When I feel like giving up strengthen me. when I feel like I can't wait on you any more increase my patience. I know you are with me even though I don't always feel it. Many times I don't understand why you allow things to happen, yet I will trust you. Let your will be done and help me to accept it.

gvin89

I ran across this article this morning...this is such a wonderful idea!

Annual verse to Shape My Heart
Sharon Sloan

“I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on Your laws. I run in the path of Your commands, for You have set my heart free.” Psalm 119:30, 32

Fresh start. New beginning. Desire for change and growth. These thoughts fill my mind, as I turn the page of my calendar and a new year unfolds. While I love New Year goals like organizing my house or living within a budget, what really matter most to me is the condition of my heart. So each January, I ask God to show me a specific scripture He wants to use to reshape my heart during the coming year.

I know my response to God comes from my heart. If my heart is selfish, or opposes God in any way, I won’t experience the renewal I desire for my life. The best way to find a fresh start or a new beginning is with a clean heart, and for that I need the Word of God.

In the Old Testament, David prayed for God to cleanse him from his sin and purify his heart, (Psalm 51:10). Inviting God through His Word to search and cleanse our hearts is the primary requirement for a renewal. Hebrews 4:12 says this about God’s Word: “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

My very first annual verse many years ago was Philippians 2:3: “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.” Do nothing out of selfish ambition! Many years later, this timeless truth from God’s Word reverberates in me daily, often moment by moment.

In God’s orderly character, each annual verse has built upon the one before. Here are some from the past few years:

2006: “Those who honor Me, I will honor…” 1 Samuel 2:30

2007: “For My own sake, for My own sake, I do this… I will not yield My glory to another.” Isaiah 48:11

2008: "Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to Your name be the glory, because of Your love and faithfulness." Psalm 115:1

2009: “I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise Your name for Your love and Your faithfulness, for You have exalted above all things Your name and Your word.” Psalm 138:2

2010: “If You are pleased with me, teach me Your ways so I may know You and continue to find favor with You.” Exodus 33:13

God has gently and faithfully been transforming my heart continually through His Word. As the annual verses string together in harmonious succession year after year, I see clearly His theme for me: “He must become greater; I must become less” (John 3:30).

As I pause to reflect on all my annual verses beginning with Philippians 2:3 through Exodus 33:13, I see His perfect design: All because of Him, all for Him, and all to know Him.

Jesus told us in Matthew 5:8 that those with a pure heart are blessed and they will see God. God wants to give us a new, moldable heart. He leads us through a process as He transforms us into the image of His son. Godly character is not built immediately, but rather through consistent, gradual growth.

Dawning on the horizon of our hearts is a fresh, New Year. Let’s seek Him for a treasure from His truth and ask Him to transform and reshape our hearts.

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalm 139:23-24

Last edited:

Laela

They falsely accused Jesus of being a devil, too. :nono:

Mark 3; 22-24
And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, He is possessed by Beelzebub, and, By [the help of] the prince of demons He is casting out demons.
And He summoned them to Him and said to them in parables (illustrations or comparisons put beside truths to explain them), How can Satan drive out Satan?
And if a kingdom is divided and rebelling against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
When we are done believing in the quality of our own righteousness before God, and really see that the goodness which comes from our self is as filthy rags to the Lord...that is when faith can spring up and we learn to clothe ourselves in the beautiful and spotless garments of Christ's righteousness alone.

All that we do must be done in Him.

Laela

I have a little niece who looks just like me... always vying for my attention. I love her. One day I was going up the stairs and quickly turned around because I forgot something, not realizing she was literally walking in my foot steps, right behind me! I almost stepped on her poor little toes and knocked her down. She thought it was funny and giggled, real hard... I had no choice but to laugh. :lol:

gvin89

It’s great to know where you’ve come from, but it’s better to know where you’re going. See Phil 3:13. ~Victoria Olsteen

LifeafterLHCF

God is there a release button I want to get off this ride. Take my home I'm tired of being heavy from people. I don't want to be near folks and it seems I get no peace. I dealt with a lady today totally not confident in her ability and it showed. I'm like Lord I pick this in my soul so easy. I hope you guide her and show her the way you want her to go she is almost 60.

I'm very surprised though Lord,folks are coming up to me and saying they like me that my spirit is refreshing? I'm confused God really. I'm probable one of the worst people in society no loving no beauty but yet something makes complete strangers think I'm uplifting. God you must really be stepping in or something bc when I see me I see darkness.

sidney

Godliness with contentment is GREAT gain. 1 timothy 6:6

Celebrating 1000 posts in the CF! Thank you for life and fellowship with like minded believers! I appreciate it. These are not the little things, its everything! Thank you God. Keep us and help us.

sidney

God is there a release button I want to get off this ride. Take my home I'm tired of being heavy from people. I don't want to be near folks and it seems I get no peace. I dealt with a lady today totally not confident in her ability and it showed. I'm like Lord I pick this in my soul so easy. I hope you guide her and show her the way you want her to go she is almost 60.

I'm very surprised though Lord,folks are coming up to me and saying they like me that my spirit is refreshing? I'm confused God really. I'm probable one of the worst people in society no loving no beauty but yet something makes complete strangers think I'm uplifting. God you must really be stepping in or something bc when I see me I see darkness.

I know what its like to pull up to a job you dont like. Its beyond painful. But sometimes when when have to take what seems like the lowest seat we are perfectly positioned to be promoted. I heard Obama say this once...You are poised for promotion. Jesus took the lowest seat and He is now King. You are poised for promotion. You can only go up from here. Looks like He is using you to help others along the way. He did the same thing with Joseph. Be encouraged.

crlsweetie912

Lord, please cover this family as they bury the most precious 6 month old baby girl I have ever seen. The grief and loss is overwhelming. Added to the fact that her father has admitted to killing her. Lord only you could bring this family into your arms and comfort them. Heal all the evil and anger and replace it with love. Let us as a church rally around them and overwhelm them with prayers and support. They need you now.
Amen....