If U Don't Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

Peachtree

If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

...According to the cashier at the health food store where I purchase my essential oils & vits.

I was there yesterday buying castor & peppermint oil. Well, the cashier struck up a lil chat about how cold pressed castor oil is helping to rid skin cancer. I told her that I'm using it to soften my new growth & other hair benefits.

Well, she immediately said "well, if u want a ton of hair growth, eat a lot of boiled eggs". (yeah, i know, i didn't mention anything about hair growth) Her hair was in a single cornrow, down the back of her head. BTW, she had a scrunchie securing it that was even with her waist. There was about 4" of hair hanging below the scrunchie. She was sorta a "motor mouth"
, but I just didn't have the time to talk to her further about retaining length, products, etc. BUT I WILL ON ANOTHER VISIT
(& if she's there
)

Well, personally, I don't eat eggs
.... maybe this info can help someone here

(btw, she was white with really thick wavy hair)

Last edited:

nekee

Re: If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

i love eggs, but arent too much not good for u?

CaramelKiss

Peachtree, I discovered this by accident last year. When I was staying with my in-laws they made boiled eggs a lot for breakfast, I don't eat them normally, but I did then and my hair grew alot!! unfortunatelty, I didn't take note of the measurement, but I knew that the boiled eggs had something to do with it.

I also know some folks who did Atkins diet and their hair took off from all the eggs and other meat proteins they were consumming. But I have to watch the eggs and red meat as heart disease runs in my family.

Good Info though!

Mzbrickhouse

My two cents:
A diet rich in protein will usually result in improved hair growth; eggs are a source of protein. It's the yolk that is supposed to be high in cholesterol. People with exceptionally high levels of cholesterol should probably watch their intake. Scramble up some egg whites or boil the egg and scoop out the yolk. People with normal cholesterol levels can eat whole eggs in moderation.

Peachtree, I wonder what she meant by "a lot"?

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

karen

If ya'll don't wanna eat eggs, the main ingredient for hair growth in eggs is L-cysteine, protein, other vit/minerals. a large eggs has 6gram of protein, so I don't think that is super alot, but u can drink protein shakes instead. I think the main ingredient in eggs that makes hair grow faster is the L-cysteine, u can take this in supplement capsule, (I'm taking it now), read on the post "My friend's hair grown like crazy" there's info on L-cysteine. Well, u can try this, it's like eating the eggs without the cholesterol. well, I hope that this work out for me anyways, good luck.

Nessa

yeah I ate some boiled eggs but I don't see any increase of growth

AngelForLove

I read in Shape magazine's book (Shape Your Life) that you can eat up to seven eggs a week healthily.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
i love eggs, but arent too much not good for u?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the "egg whites" are healthy. I'm not sure... I don't eat them. It's difficult enough for me to bake with them

karen

Nessa

How many eggs do u eat per day? and do u eat the same amount everyday for a month at least? people who I heard from or claim that eggs grow their hair faster said that they eat a whole lotta eggs, like eggs eggs eggs everyday, someone said that they eat 1-2 dozen eggs a week (that's 12-24eggs), I think that u probably have to eat that many eggs for that weeks/months to be able to see if it works or not. Well, for me I can't really do that cause I'll be sick of the eggs after a couple of days.

realdramaqueen:

I'm currently taking 1500mg of L-cysteine a day. I tried to eat eggs every other days to but I think that it's not enough and I'm usually not consistent with the eggs, so I tried to supplement with L-cystein everyday now.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree, I discovered this by accident last year. When I was staying with my in-laws they made boiled eggs a lot for breakfast, I don't eat them normally, but I did then and my hair grew alot!! unfortunatelty, I didn't take note of the measurement, but I knew that the boiled eggs had something to do with it.

I also know some folks who did Atkins diet and their hair took off from all the eggs and other meat proteins they were consumming. But I have to watch the eggs and red meat as heart disease runs in my family.

Good Info though!

[/ QUOTE ]

My former neighbor follows the Atkins diet. Instead of meat, she eats a boiled egg everyday
(she vegetarian). Her hair has grown tremendously since last summer (she was at ear length, now she's very close to shoulder length & THICK!!!). I've taught her how to keep her hair moisturized, etc, which helps her to retain length.... but it's growing really rapidly....
I wonder if those eggs have anything to do with the growth rate
. I still wouldn't eat them

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree, I dont like eggs either!

[/ QUOTE ]

... girl, i tried to eat them as a child... it wasn't a pretty site

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
My two cents:
A diet rich in protein will usually result in improved hair growth; eggs are a source of protein. It's the yolk that is supposed to be high in cholesterol. People with exceptionally high levels of cholesterol should probably watch their intake. Scramble up some egg whites or boil the egg and scoop out the yolk. People with normal cholesterol levels can eat whole eggs in moderation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info

"a lot"? I don't know. But I'll find out & report back

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
If ya'll don't wanna eat eggs, the main ingredient for hair growth in eggs is L-cysteine, protein, other vit/minerals. a large eggs has 6gram of protein, so I don't think that is super alot, but u can drink protein shakes instead. I think the main ingredient in eggs that makes hair grow faster is the L-cysteine, u can take this in supplement capsule, (I'm taking it now), read on the post "My friend's hair grown like crazy" there's info on L-cysteine. Well, u can try this, it's like eating the eggs without the cholesterol. well, I hope that this work out for me anyways, good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Karen,

I've read ur thread about ur friend
. Goodness, I didn't know eggs contained L-cysteine. Maybe I'll look into the supplement

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Nessa

How many eggs do u eat per day? and do u eat the same amount everyday for a month at least? people who I heard from or claim that eggs grow their hair faster said that they eat a whole lotta eggs, like eggs eggs eggs everyday, someone said that they eat 1-2 dozen eggs a week (that's 12-24eggs), I think that u probably have to eat that many eggs for that weeks/months to be able to see if it works or not. Well, for me I can't really do that cause I'll be sick of the eggs after a couple of days.

[/ QUOTE ]

So u have heard this from people as well. 1-2 dozen
that's just too too many ...
this could possibly be what the cashier was also referring to when she said "a lot"

Sherynella

According to the latest research, it is not the chlorestorol that gives high chlorestorol % in the blood.. it's the fat...

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
According to the latest research, it is not the chlorestorol that gives high chlorestorol % in the blood.. it's the fat...

[/ QUOTE ]

good to know

karezone

I have been eating eggs almost everyday this month and too tell the truth I don't know if it is the wild growth oil, the Glovers, or the eggs that is making my hair grow. Next month I will stop using the WGO and just eat the eggs and use the Glovers.

Peachtree

Hi Karezone

Make sure that u report back to us with ur results

Isis

[ QUOTE ]

Well, she immediately said "well, if u want a ton of hair growth, eat a lot of boiled eggs". (yeah, i know, i didn't mention anything about hair growth) Her hair was in a single cornrow, down the back of her head. BTW, she had a scrunchie securing it that was even with her waist. There was about 4" of hair hanging below the scrunchie

[/ QUOTE ]

I like eggs but I don't eat them boiled that much. Since it's the L-cysteine that is increasing hair growth, I would think eggs cooked any kind of way is ok (right?). I am eager to hear how many eggs this woman is eating each day!

B

ballet_bun

Peachtree .... are you vegan? Is that why you don't eat eggs. I was vegan , until I arrived here. NOw I'm just vegetarian. However, I will not drink milk. I think it's just nasty. I do eat cheese, but after a couple weeks of that, i get tired of it again...same with eggs. I've been vegetarian since 1990.

ballet bun ...

Isis

Below is a link and quote about eggs and L-cysteine. Maybe 2 eggs per day is all that's necessary.

http://www.oralchelation.com/ingred/cyste2.htm

"It is very common in many foods. For instance, there are about 250 milligrams of cysteine in the yolk of an egg. (Now, perhaps, you see why the doctors tell you to NOT eat eggs? They don't want you to get those valuable proteins in the egg -- they suggest you eat carbohydrates and get sick so they can make more money giving you drugs!)"

beana3

too bad i hate eggs...this info seems really interesting.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well, she immediately said "well, if u want a ton of hair growth, eat a lot of boiled eggs". (yeah, i know, i didn't mention anything about hair growth) Her hair was in a single cornrow, down the back of her head. BTW, she had a scrunchie securing it that was even with her waist. There was about 4" of hair hanging below the scrunchie

[/ QUOTE ]

I like eggs but I don't eat them boiled that much. Since it's the L-cysteine that is increasing hair growth, I would think eggs cooked any kind of way is ok (right?). I am eager to hear how many eggs this woman is eating each day!

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as I find out, I'll report it back.

I can't wait to find out also... although i don't eat them...

MissJ

[ QUOTE ]

I was there yesterday buying castor & peppermint oil. Well, the cashier struck up a lil chat about how cold pressed castor oil is aiding skin cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is kind of Off Topic but in the Skin Care section, there's this whole thread about using Olive Oil to wash the face. I've been doing it for about a month now. So, the lady said that it gives people skin cancer????

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree .... are you vegan? Is that why you don't eat eggs. I was vegan , until I arrived here. NOw I'm just vegetarian. However, I will not drink milk. I think it's just nasty. I do eat cheese, but after a couple weeks of that, i get tired of it again...same with eggs. I've been vegetarian since 1990.

ballet bun ...

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I don't eat eggs cuz I simply don't like em'. I don't like that way they look, smell, taste, feel, etc.
. Like u, I also don't drink milk
... I'd rather eat an egg than drink milk. I have it bad... I eat cereal plain or with water or orange juice
. I'll eat cheese only if it's cooked with another food. I have issues with dairy products... I just don't like them

Peachtree

Isis & Keylargo, thanks for the interesting info ladies