MSM BENEFITS!!!

What are your results with MSM?

• Total voters

Britt

Anherica, how long have you been taking the crystal flakes from distilpuremsm ? This is the brand that I am taking now.

hennagirl

The benefits of MSM have been wonderful for me. I have been taking MSM for about 3 1/2 months and my NG is much, much softer. In fact, I posted a similar thread to this one , asking if anyone felt that MSM usage could replace relaxing. My NG is soft enough for me to manage without the need for a relaxer. I have not had a relaxer in 10 weeks and I have no need for one at this point. Before MSM I could not have gone past 8 weeks without significant breakage. Of course, this could change as time goes on, but right now I believe that my MSM usage is responsible for the change. I say this because my only other supplement is salmon oil. I do henna weekly, however.

anherica

Britt said:
Anherica, how long have you been taking the crystal flakes from distilpuremsm ? This is the brand that I am taking now.

I'm sorry Britt, I just saw this. I have been taking it since November 2006. I noticed skin changes immediately, but I didn't make note of changes to hair until the beginning of January. So, it did take some time for the hair benefits to manifest.

angellazette

I started out taking 1/2 teaspoon (3,000 mg) and lately I've upped it to a full teaspoon. One of the first things I noticed is that my cramps were almost non-existant and this was only after taking the MSM for about a week.

Guapa1

I'ts all part of the detox process thicknlong. Just up your water intake to push the toxins out of you quicker. I haven't taken it long enough to see any hair changes, but I definitely can see the difference in my skin when I take it regularly.

kaykaybobay

I debating whether to take this stuff. I read on a few sites if ya get headaches stop taking the stuff. What do y'all think of mixing powdered msm int say a scalp oil or maybe even some lenzi's?

Ayeshia

i think the best way to avoid the headaches is to start small..I dunno about everyone else but automatically takig a spoon full every day right off the bat without even trying smaller doses dosent sound too hot. I started with one pill which is 500 mg and I worked my way up to 1500...thats as much as I will take. No headaches and my water intake is sufficient. I was not taking it for hair care purposes but rather my skin. that in conjunction with salmon oil supplements. I am seeing improvements. Oh and the sulfer content is high so be careful with the gas :lol:

seraphim712

Crissi said:
I don't know about the hair yet, but i will take keep taking it for this reason Shiseido + MSM = GREAT SKIN!, ive only been using it for about a week, but the skin, even my male friends (that dont pay attention to jack said my skin is clearing up), my boyfriend said it too, he also said the rest of my skin is smoothers/cleaarer, he felt my roots and he said they are growing in softer. Heyyy msm its only been about 10 days!!

Crissi, x

You mentioned Shiseido. Do mean shiseido as in tsubaki oil used in Japan?

MissFallon

I am not sure if I got extra growth though I think I have. I have noticed my skin is clearer and it balanced out the effects of the biotin on the skin for me. I also no longer have leg pain in my legs and my ng is softer and a breeze to comb through after washing.

MissFallon

Ayeshia said:
i think the best way to avoid the headaches is to start small..I dunno about everyone else but automatically takig a spoon full every day right off the bat without even trying smaller doses dosent sound too hot. I started with one pill which is 500 mg and I worked my way up to 1500...thats as much as I will take. No headaches and my water intake is sufficient. I was not taking it for hair care purposes but rather my skin. that in conjunction with salmon oil supplements. I am seeing improvements. Oh and the sulfer content is high so be careful with the gas :lol:

I completely forgot that ppl got headaches. When I first started I was taking migraine prevention medicine so I didn't experience them but now I don't take it and have been experiencing headaches. I just restarted taking MSM about 2-3 weeks ago when I started wearing my lacefront. I thought the headaches were due to the glue that I used but even when I switched I still had them....this explains it now, I couldn't figure it out. When I took it b4 I started with 1500 then went up to 4000mg but this time I just jumped right back into the 4000mg. The headaches have subsided as of earlier this week but its good to know what was happening.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I took 3000 mg a day and noticed my newgrowth came in much softer than usual. I didn't get any extra growth, but I wasn't expecting that with MSM ;)

CurlyMoo

Msm increases my growth and makes my skin clear.

How much growth were you getting before and after MSM? And how long do you have to take MSM to see the benefits? I've been taking it for close to a month now. My skin looks nice, however my lower back is killing me. I don't see any changes in my hair yet.

JFemme

Beenies for Jfemme...

-clearer skin
-increased energy
-hair texture is softer...
-eases my knee, joint pain

BrownEyez22

I just started MSM, this month.

I'm am taking 1/4-1/2 of a teaspoon.
About 5x a week.
The Brand is Vitamin World

Only things I noticed so far
-my nails look better/are stronger
-my joints keep popping
-my undereye area looked lighter

yac

I just bought some MSM today. I plan to start taking it tomorrow. I've been taking Nioxin for over 30 days with noticeable results. So I hope the MSM gives me an extra edge.

Chameleonchick

I take 5 mg of this a day. I take it for my wrist pain but it is a plus that it is good for your hair as well. I have noticed that my new growth is much softer than what it was the last time I transitioned.

Encore

It made my ng softer and def. loosened the curl pattern but It gave me VERY vivid dreams.
As long as I drink enough water its all good. I take 1000mg

Sha76

got me to thinking aobu thaking msm. not for hair but for the other things that is helps. like joint pain, clear skin, etc,

But it is something to look into.

Kimdionneca

I am loving the MSM too, I am taking it internally but am also using it in a hair concoction that you put on externally. I have been doing it for couple of months. I still need to flat iron my hair to see how it's been doing. But I think it's growing and it feels better or stronger! I posted a thread yesterday showing the video I got the reciepe from. Here is the link if you like. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=402700&highlight=

Arewa Girl

I love the bizarre dreams I get when I’m on MSM
I am not sure MSM does anything for my hair though:ohwell:. But then I tend to take supplements in spurts. Holland & Barrett - MSM Capsules (750mg)

Last edited:

Hair2Here

I've been taking MSM for about seven months now. It has done nothing for my hair and I've been getting extra acne. Didn't have any headaches though. The acne, I was told, could be due to my arrival to perimenopause??. I won't give up on it though. It has other benefits too that I love. Less pain in joints and good stuff like that!

Enyo

Because my Maxi-Hair has 500mg in it, I've been taking it for years. But as I've gotten older, my back and leg pain has increased and my mood swings from the bipolar have gotten worse. So I'm upping my MSM to 2000 - 3000mg a day. I'm taking it slowly since it's not good shock the body, so today my my first day taking 2000mg. Before that I was taking 1500mg.

The biggest thing I've noticed is that my sinuses are not that bad. I can walk around the trees at work without sneezing, which is rare. I read some people take it for allergies. I have to say that even if it does nothing for my hair, it's really amazing and I will probably keep taking it for general health. I take Emergen-C MSM which I mix with flavored carbonated water to make an "Italian soda". It doesn't taste great when mixed into non-flavored water. Tolerable, but not great.

Last edited:

Tyra

Longer growth spurts, softer curls, looser texture (was a benefit when I was relaxed and stretching), and joint pain that I've had since childhood is gone. I know that it's the MSM, because when I run out the back of my knees go crazy on me.