Can Two-strand twist be done with wet n wavy hair

eyunka

I was thinking after i complet the twist i could wet it and the curls will kinda keep the twist from unraveling......

What do you guys thing and if anyone has pix can you please post.

Nonie

I don't know if it will work. Braids hold better than two-strand twists, yet even braids on wet n wavy extensions unravel.

I'm wearing water wave braids at the moment (similar to wet n wavy; just different name) and if I remember and can find a moment to try this, I will attempt to do a kinky twist and wet it and show you what that looks like. I think one way to get an idea of what results one would get is ask folks with hair that gets wavy when wet (Type 2?) and see if their two strand twists hold better when wet.

Normal 4B twists hold well for me after being made wet because of the size of the coil created by wetting the twist is just the right size to "lock" the style. If my coils were looser, I don't think I'd have the long-lasting results I normally get. If this isn't making sense, let me know. Maybe I can add visuals after I try the wet n wavy experiment to explain what I mean.

eyunka

I understand what you are saying, I have one more question beverly johnson has a couple different types of wet and wavy varying in wavy to curly, if i got the curly wet n wavy would that work....i need to go find pix
I don't know if it will work. Braids hold better than two-strand twists, yet even braids on wet n wavy extensions unravel.

I'm wearing water wave braids at the moment (similar to wet n wavy; just different name) and if I remember and can find a moment to try this, I will attempt to do a kinky twist and wet it and show you what that looks like. I think one way to get an idea of what results one would get is ask folks with hair that gets wavy when wet (Type 2?) and see if their two strand twists hold better when wet.

Normal 4B twists hold well for me after being made wet because of the size of the coil created by wetting the twist is just the right size to "lock" the style. If my coils were looser, I don't think I'd have the long-lasting results I normally get. If this isn't making sense, let me know. Maybe I can add visuals after I try the wet n wavy experiment to explain what I mean.

Nonie

Hmm... :scratchch It might, but again, I think you will get a better idea if you asked someone with Type 3 hair what their hair does in twists and if wetting twists would make a difference to how well they hold. Dlewis? Flowerhair?

SAM_AR

Did anyone try using Wet n Wavy human hair for two strand twists? I will transition to natural hair with twists eventually to locs. I would appreciate a reply soon, since my appointment is on Thursday, May 27th. Thank you very much.