Big Chopped! (PIC) Need a hair a twin.

sonychari

Finally completely natural after cutting off the rest of my relaxed ends last week. So I guess I more so ended my transition than big chopped. Last week I straightened it with a blow dryer using the tension method and was able to make a pony tail/bun/puff, but I don't want to straighten it weekly because I'm afraid of heat damage. At the same time I am not sure about wearing my fro to work. Any of you blow dry often without adverse effects?

My Afro in this pic is slightly blown out. It was shorter after I'd just washed it. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 474

Blairx0

Congrats on ending your transition. Hope you enjoy this phase. I Rollerset weeky and haven't had any negative effects, but I can't speak on blow drying

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Prettymetty what products did you use on it. Right now I use Cantu's natural line. I've been using it since I started my transition last summer.
I use Creme of nature argan oil poo, vo5 conditioner (any one will do, hello hydration as a leave in. I spray my hair with either aloe/glycerin or Aphogee Keratin and I mainly seal with evoo or castor oil. I don't have many products, because my hair seems to like whatever I put in it :lol:

tjrj1998

If you dont want your texture to change from heat then you CANNOT use it every week; It will change the texture.

You can put it in big twists nightly to stretch it out but you will have to be careful.

sonychari

If you dont want your texture to change from heat then you CANNOT use it every week; It will change the texture.

You can put it in big twists nightly to stretch it out but you will have to be careful.

How often do you think I can use heat without changing the texture or without causing damage?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Congrats! Lookin super cute with the fro :yep: :up:

You'll need to tell us your hair type, density, and show a wet hair (with no product) picture in order to find your hair twin.

Last edited:

sonychari

I'll post a pic of my freshly washed hair either tomorrow or the next day. I don't really know about density and stuff.

Thank you all for the kind words!

sonychari

Okay. This is my freshly washed hair. What type am I? I'd guess 4c but I don't know. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 44